Teamviewer wont connect

Options
SunAdmin
SunAdmin Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited April 15 in TeamViewer Tensor

We have tensor set up, with about 1k systems on it. 99% of the time it works great and i can remote into a system without requesting permissions.

Every once in a while, when i try to connect, it attemps to connect, but then just bombs out and does nothing, no error or anything.

it seeems that the only way it allows me back in is to kill the process and restart the service. Anyone else have an issue like that? Doesnt matter what version of the client we are on.

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,092 Moderator
    Options

Hi @SunAdmin ,

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your question!

We advise always using the newest version of TeamViewer on your devices.

The steps to update TeamViewer can be found in our article: 📄Update TeamViewer

Does the connection issue occur with a single device or there's more than one device being affected?

I'm looking forward to your reply with more details.

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• SunAdmin
    Options

the issue seems to be random. we are unable to determine a pattern. but it does seem to happen on any version.

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @SunAdmin ,

Thanks for your reply!

Connection issues could be caused by different reasons.

Are you using any firewall? If yes, please double-check TeamViewer ports: 📄 Ports used by TeamViewer

Another frequent problem could be instability with IPV6, you can find more information in the article: 📄 Fix connectivity issues - Partner did not connect to router

I hope it can help! 🍀 But if not, we would advise contacting our support team via ticket for further investigation and fast support.

Let us know how it goes, and if we can help you any further.

Best, Carol

• SunAdmin
    Options

what log files would i look at, and is there anything special i can look for?

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @SunAdmin ,

Thanks for your additional question!

Our support team would be best suited to assist you in reading the log files.

We have the article 📄 Log file reading - Incoming connection that provides a basic overview of how to read the log files.

Let us know if this information could help you! 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol