Keyboard Showing "Done" instead of "Enter" on android

Options
Dominic_Magog
Dominic_Magog Posts: 1

When I click a text field, I bring up the keyboard, type, but can't press "Enter", my keyboard shows "Done", which hides the keyboard without confirming the input into the field.

Didn't have this issue last week, just started this morning.

Using a Samsung A03S, Android 5.1, TeamViewer version 15.53.452

Best Answer

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 997 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi All,

We thank you for reporting this issue to us and for your patience.

Our teams found the root cause and fixed the issue.

To resolve this issue on your end, just make sure to download and install the latest version of TeamViewer Remote Control from the Play Store.

And if you come across any issue, feel free to reach out to us for assistance!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

Answers

• naffins
    naffins Posts: 1
    Options

Hi, am having the same issue since about 24 hours ago on:

• Device: Samsung Tab A9+
    • TeamViewer Version: 15.53.452

Just tested version 15.52.429 on another tablet of the same model and a Samsung phone, and both do not have this issue.

A fix for this in subsequent versions would be appreciated.

• Luke74
    Luke74 Posts: 1
    Options

The same problem..its impossible work remotly on a server and don t have enter to confirm command..i pay 1800 euro every year for 4 license for work and they have to solve or we cant use it

• Adelaide123
    Adelaide123 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Why is this marked "Answered"? Nothing is solved.

• Aerlion
    Aerlion Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Also having the same issue. I commented on a thread about it a few years ago. Seems the problem crops up every once in a while.

• Aerlion
    Aerlion Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

• RyanRecurrent
    RyanRecurrent Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue in my samsung. App is basically worthless ubtil fixed.

• thomas786
    thomas786 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Same here. You Can use a virtual keyboard on windows to have a temporary solution...

• TVUser2828
    TVUser2828 Posts: 1
    Options

Same issue here. Some applications work and have the enter key, but browsers do not. Looks like a similar issue they had in May 2023.

• Adelaide123
    Options

If you're on a Samsung device, the Galaxy store has the previous version available, which does not have this bug.

• RyanRecurrent
    RyanRecurrent Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Uninstaling and reinstalling with the version in the galaxy store rather than play store worked. Hopefully they get this fixed fast.

• Adelaide123
    edited May 1
    Options

I doubt it will. Jerks just pushed this completely broken version to the Galaxy store. This should have NEVER passed any kind of production testing.

Complete and total **bleep** failure.

• Pokemonhacker1337
    Pokemonhacker1337 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2
    Options

I can vouch for this too. I actually genuinely thought that this was an issue with my keyboard (Samsung Galaxy A71 Android 13 using Gboard) and tried switching out keyboards. This is genuinely a problem because although there IS a work around for it by using something like OSK.exe (on screen keyboard), it's not fun when I'm trying to enter commands in CMD or Powershell because I have to press enter in order to execute them. Although it's not a big challenge moving my cursor to select the enter key in OSK, it's not fun to do so. I honestly am genuinely curious as to how this got approved. I look forward to a fix for this so I can press enter like I normally do without needing to move my cursor all the way to a different window just to press enter/return.

Edit: seems quite a few Google Play reviews mention this issue too. I don't see why there should be an OK button that dismisses the keyboard when I instead want to press enter. TeamViewer already supports a way of dismissing the keyboard without needing to do this, so the change is kind of strange.

• JenW
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi All,

We thank you for reporting this issue to us and for your patience.

Our teams found the root cause and fixed the issue.

To resolve this issue on your end, just make sure to download and install the latest version of TeamViewer Remote Control from the Play Store.

And if you come across any issue, feel free to reach out to us for assistance!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Best,

Jen

• Pokemonhacker1337
    Pokemonhacker1337 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you @JenW, I can confirm that it does indeed work again as intended, there is no longer an OK button that dismisses the keyboard.

• JenW
    Options

Thank you for your confirmation @Pokemonhacker1337!

We're happy that the issue has been fixed on your side.

We wish you a nice weekend ahead,

Jen