Forgot to cancel business trial and they refuse to refund

nakhla
nakhla Posts: 2
edited July 26 in Licensing

Hello Everyone,

I'm facing a difficult situation and could really use some advice. Recently, I accidentally incurred a charge of over 800 CAD after forgetting to cancel a trial subscription. Here’s what happened: I urgently needed to access my lab computer and tried using the free version of Teamviewer. However, it wasn't working, and in my haste, I signed up for a 30-day business trial not realizing it was a business service. Amid my busy schedule, the deadline slipped my mind, and I didn't cancel in time, resulting in a hefty charge. I follow the 7-day return thing on their website which I claimed instantly when they charged me.

As an international student in Canada, I find this amount overwhelming. Every dollar is budgeted towards my rent, bills, and tuition, and frankly, I'm left without any savings. I’ve reached out to the company explaining my situation, hoping for some understanding or a partial refund for the unused services such as only charging me for one month, but they've denied my request citing the terms and conditions I agreed to.

I understand my mistake in not canceling the trial, but I'm sincerely seeking some leniency given my circumstances. The financial stress is unbearable, and I'm at a loss about how to manage my upcoming expenses. I don’t have family here and I'm currently without a job. I have never been so much financially stressed in my life and I do not know what to do.

Can anyone offer any guidance or suggestions on how I might resolve this issue? I’d appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you for reading and for any advice you can offer.

Tagged:

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,689 Moderator

Hello @nakhla,

Thank you for contacting us in the Community!

We regret to hear about the unsatisfactory experience. It is certainly not the position we want you to be in, and to turn things around we encourage you to reach out to our Customer Support team for further discussion for your specific case.

We hope for a resolution that meets your satisfaction!

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • nakhla
    nakhla Posts: 2

Actually, no one is trying to help me or listen to me. They are refusing to take any action. I don't how not helping a student will make a big company like Teamviewer rich.

• gujiebyrm82
    gujiebyrm82 Posts: 1

I have experienced the same situation, I cancelled business license one day after the trial expired because i was sick, unfortunately Teamviewer didn't really care but charged me more than 660 US dollars for another year. I only tried to use once for the business license for a meeting since free version didn't work. But it turned out that even enrolled business license, teamviewer still claim i am using a free version and kick me out of remote control after seconds.

I offered to pay a month fee to cover their cost, if any, but got a No, No answer. This is how Teamviewer run their business. Please be aware.