Device List showing as IDs only and can only connect if remote give me password

Options
thesamim
thesamim Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 1 in General questions

I'm on the free plan. I have a couple of computers at home and I support one computer at my church.

I registered all of my devices and got the free plan exemption.

For the last three days, the device list only display IDs (no device names.) (First Screen short)

When I try to connect to a machine, I get a prompt to enter the password displayed on the remote computer. (Second Screen Shot.) But no password prompt appears on the remote computer.

I've tried logging out and logging in on both computers. I've restarted both computers. (I've not been able to do anything with the church computer yet.)

Has something changed?

Best Answer

• thesamim
    Answer ✓
    Options

If anybody finds this on a search: Went to settings→Advanced→Receive Advanced Builds, checked it.

A new version was immediately downloaded, and everything is working now.

Answers

• enrbert
    enrbert Posts: 1
    Options

That happens also to me. On a PREMIUM version that is not exactly free. These guys of TEAMVIEWER made an enormous mess. After many attempts, I thought I had found a solution, physically entering in each computer app, manually removing the assignement o a manager and redoing it.
    It worked 24 hours, then everything reset again.

EVERYBODY MUST BE AWARE WHAT KIND OF BAD SERVICE TEAMVIEWER IS PROVIDING!

MY ADVICE: SWITCH TO ANOTHER REMOTE CONTROL APPP…. DON'T WATE YOUR TIME AND MONEY AS I AM DOING.

• thesamim
    Answer ✓
    Options

If anybody finds this on a search: Went to settings→Advanced→Receive Advanced Builds, checked it.

A new version was immediately downloaded, and everything is working now.