Is there a way to save password in Run Only mode?

Hi

I've bought a Remote Access license and my only issue is that I don't seem to be able to store the password of my bookmarked device. Before downloading the latest version it never asked for it so I guess it was stored and sent out every time I initiated a connection - but now I get a "The password you have entered is invalid" message which means it does send out a stored password I just can't find an option where to change it

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 600 Moderator

Hello @luigivento,

Happy to see you visiting us again.

To avoid password issues with a Remote Access license please follow the set up instructions provided in the following link:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/global/support/knowledge-base/teamviewer-remote/licenses/activate-and-set-up-your-remote-access-license/

Please keep us posted on the results and in case of doubts don´t hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day,

Valeria

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español/ Spanish Community Moderator

• luigivento
    luigivento Posts: 12

Thanks Valeria for your reply.

This device has already been added for months without problems.

• Valeria2

Hi @luigivento

Thank you for your answer.

Could you check that the ID´s of the remote devices (endpoints) match with the ones you have registered in your TeamViewer app from the connection starts?

You can find the ID´s in the Remote Suppor screen of the app as shown in the screenshot below:

Keep us posted on the results in case we have to extend our support.

All the best,

Valeria

• luigivento

Hi Valeria

Yes, the numbers match. I tried to remove this computer and add again but it still asks for password.

Thanks

Lajos

• Valeria2

Hi @luigivento,

Can you please send a screenshot of the error message, to understand better?

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.

Valeria

• luigivento

Hi Valeria

Here you go

Thanks

• Valeria2

Hello @luigivento

Thank you for the screenshot.

We understand it's not ideal, but please uninstall TeamViewer from the remote device you wish to connect to by following the steps described here and please do a reinstallation following steps 2 and 3 of this link

After you have followed all the steps, try again and let us know the results.

All the best,

Valeria

• luigivento

Hi Valeria

I'm running it in "run only" mode so there's nothing to reinstall.

On another PC where I have version 15.51.6 (also in run only mode), I don't have this problem, it never asks me for password.

Only 15.55.3 does.

Thanks!

• luigivento

Hi

Do you have any update on this please? Shall I go back to a previous version to make it work?

Thanks

• Valeria2

Hi @luigivento

Thank you for your reply.

We recommend installing TeamViewer and not running it in "run only" mode. Activate the remote as an endpoint, set it up to start with Windows, and configure the unattended access so you won´t have connection issues or require the required passwords.

That is the best way to avoid entering the password in each connection.

For details:

Activate and set up your Remote Access license

Another suggestion would be to open a ticket for our technical support team to state your requirements.

All the best,

Valeria

• luigivento

Hi

No, I never installed it (I can't) and it never asked for password. So I will open a ticket I guess

Thx