How to change the password for Unattended Access?

Oddball
Oddball Posts: 2
edited July 10 in General questions

My password manager has a function to alert me when passwords of mine are compromised in data breaches. It tells me that my main login for Teamviewer is safe, but my password specifically for Unattended Access to my personal desktop computer has been compromised.

So I should change it, but I can't find how/where to do that. It's been so long since I used Teamviewer that I am not even sure what Unattended Access is, to be honest. Could someone walk me through the steps of finding where to change the password for Unattended Access to my desktop? Thank you

Tagged:

Best Answer

• TVSupportMatt
    TVSupportMatt Posts: 83 Staff member 🤠
    Answer ✓

Hello @Oddball

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your first post!

It sounds like you are referring to the setting called, Personal Password, that will allow you to remote into a device with the same password always.

To locate the area to edit the Personal Password, you will want to open the desktop application > select the Gear Symbol (top right corner or lower left side, depending on user interface) > selected Advanced > Open Advanced Settings > scroll to the area titled "Advanced settings for connections to this computer" > you will see an area called Personal Password and two boxes to edit.

Let us know how it goes and if you need any further help.

Answers

• TVSupportMatt
    Answer ✓

Hello @Oddball

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your first post!

It sounds like you are referring to the setting called, Personal Password, that will allow you to remote into a device with the same password always.

To locate the area to edit the Personal Password, you will want to open the desktop application > select the Gear Symbol (top right corner or lower left side, depending on user interface) > selected Advanced > Open Advanced Settings > scroll to the area titled "Advanced settings for connections to this computer" > you will see an area called Personal Password and two boxes to edit.

Let us know how it goes and if you need any further help.

• Oddball
    Oddball Posts: 2

Thanks, those directions were easy to follow. I guess in the app itself it goes by a different name? How odd.

• TVSupportMatt

Hello @Oddball

I am happy to hear that!

Unattended access is a general term. This is because unattended access can be achieved in more than one way.

You can either set a Personal Password in the advanced settings or you can establish Easy Access, which allows for remote control without the need of inputting a password.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 👍️