macOS to Windows Full Acces still requires confirmation?

We have various "agent" PCs that we connect to on other sites. These are set up to allow full access and connection when on the lock screen/logon screen.

This works perfectly with Windows to Windows, but if a Mac user connects to a Windows PC set up this way and there is still an account logged on (previous connection didn't bother to log off, just locked the screen) the Mac cannot connect until the user confirms the connection - as these are headless PCs or VMs with no actual user on site, this is, obviously not possible.

Scenarios:

1. Target Windows PC has no logged on user - works as expected, the Windows or Mac TV user can connect and they can remote control the PC.
  2. Target Windows PC has a logged on user, lock screen showing - Windows TV user can connect and can remote control the PC. The Mac user gets a dialog saying "waiting for the remote user to confirm", clicking OK either leaves a blank window or the window is shown, but a 90 second countdown starts, if the Mac user doesn't sign in the remote user, sign out the remote user and sign in again, the connection is automatically terminated after the 90 seconds.

This is obviously annoying, especially when the connection breaks (E.g. internet connection fails and is re-established), a long job is left running and the TV user wants to re-connect to check on the progress or the previous TV user forgot to sign off.

Why does the macOS TV not respect the settings, or why does the remote PC's TV Host ignore the full access settings when a Mac connects?

Both ends are using the 15.55 branch of TeamViewer, this behavior has been ongoing since the Mac was set up earlier this year.

Best Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,218 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @wright_is,
    Thanks for the additional details!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, please know that the setting Full Access is an option for both fields:

• Advanced Settings for connections to this computer
    • Advanced Settings for connections to other computers

Therefore, it's a good thing to check both macOS and Windows devices to see if both sides have the correct Access Control permission.

I would also advise trying to double-check the Easy access settings to the Windows device.
    Is this Windows device a Windows server? If yes, please check https://www.teamviewer.com/en/global/support/knowledge-base/teamviewer-remote/remote-control/use-teamviewer-remote-on-windows-servers/

I'm looking forward to your reply!
    Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• wright_is
    wright_is Posts: 18
    edited August 6 Answer ✓

Hi Carol,

many thanks. It was the connections to other computers.

I had checked the advanced settings with the administrator user on the Mac (non-admin user has no access) and the policy, both said full access… I then changed the policy to allow non-admin users to view the advanced settings and the non-admin user had "Custom", with confirm access!

I'm not sure why the non-admin user had different settings from the policy applied to the Mac, but it is all working now!

❤️🙏

Answers

• wright_is

Today wasn't fun, needed to re-configure a remote network… Took around 40 minutes, with me reconnecting every 60 seconds and not being able to see important information in the middle of the screen, because the "unattended mode" was asking the headless NUC locked in a network cupboard to confirm that is should show me the screen!

• .Carol.fg.

Hi @wright_is,
    Thanks for your questions it's a pleasure to see you posting in our Community!

Please know that the remote control for macOS requires additional steps for the configuration: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/global/support/knowledge-base/teamviewer-classic/remote-control/remote-control-a-mac/

Let us know if the steps in the article above were enough to solve the problem. 🍀
    Best, Carol

• wright_is

Hi @.Carol.fg.

thanks for the reply, and a good thought, but I can connect to the Mac from another device with no problems. It is the Mac connecting to a Windows PC with the settings set to "Full Access".

When a Windows PC connects to a Windows PC with Full Access set, it connects and the target Windows PC can be controlled.

When a Mac connects to a Windows PC with Full Access and a user is logged on, but the PC is locked, it says that the user has to confirm the access, even though there is no local user to do so…

• .Carol.fg.
    Answer ✓

Hi @wright_is,
    Thanks for the additional details!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, please know that the setting Full Access is an option for both fields:

• Advanced Settings for connections to this computer
    • Advanced Settings for connections to other computers

Therefore, it's a good thing to check both macOS and Windows devices to see if both sides have the correct Access Control permission.

I would also advise trying to double-check the Easy access settings to the Windows device.
    Is this Windows device a Windows server? If yes, please check https://www.teamviewer.com/en/global/support/knowledge-base/teamviewer-remote/remote-control/use-teamviewer-remote-on-windows-servers/

I'm looking forward to your reply!
    Best, Carol

• wright_is
    edited August 6 Answer ✓

Hi Carol,

many thanks. It was the connections to other computers.

I had checked the advanced settings with the administrator user on the Mac (non-admin user has no access) and the policy, both said full access… I then changed the policy to allow non-admin users to view the advanced settings and the non-admin user had "Custom", with confirm access!

I'm not sure why the non-admin user had different settings from the policy applied to the Mac, but it is all working now!

❤️🙏

• .Carol.fg.

Thanks for your reply @wright_is!

I'm grateful you could figure it out with the information provided! 🙌💯

Have a great day and don't hesitate to post again if you have any further questions.😄

Best, Carol