Remoting to an unattended Machine in Teamviewer version 15.57

Gunjani
Gunjani Posts: 6
edited September 9 in General questions

I purchased two laptops and installed Teamviewer version 15.57 on both.. I want to remote into one of the laptops when I know its powered on & logged into Windows ( i.e. unattended). I could do this previously using an earlier version, but I cannot set this feature on this new version of Team view? Any guidance would be helpful

Best Answer

• TVSupportMatt
    TVSupportMatt Posts: 89 Staff member 🤠
    Answer ✓

Hello @Gunjani

Thank you for your contribution to our Community by making this post! 🌏️

There are a couple different ways this can be done since this is a fresh install of TeamViewer on the device in question.

When you open the app on the device and go to the Home icon (house) in the top left side, on that main page, you should see a checklist of things to do. One of them should be listed as Setup Remote Access for this Device. By selecting this box, this manages the device to your user account to establish that unattended access.

If this list is no longer showing up for you, then you can follow the steps in the Knowledge Base article below for setting up unattended access with the TeamViewer Host application (Host is best for devices that are only going to be remoted into, and not going to be used to remote into others with).

Provide unattended remote support (teamviewer.com)

If you are not using the Host on the device in question, then you can go to the Settings icon (gear/cogwheel) in the bottom left side of the application. Then click on advanced settings, open advanced settings, and then click the General tab in the pop-up window. Next, you want to scroll down to the area titled Manage this Device and click Manage this device. This will prompt you to plug in your user account information if you not already signed into the application.

Finally, to confirm that the unattended access is set, click on the Security tab and make sure there is a checkmark in the box next to Easy Access, click ok in the bottom right corner of the pop-up window, and then you are all set.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further help. 👍️

Answers

• TVSupportMatt
    TVSupportMatt Posts: 89 Staff member 🤠
    Answer ✓

Hello @Gunjani

Thank you for your contribution to our Community by making this post! 🌏️

There are a couple different ways this can be done since this is a fresh install of TeamViewer on the device in question.

When you open the app on the device and go to the Home icon (house) in the top left side, on that main page, you should see a checklist of things to do. One of them should be listed as Setup Remote Access for this Device. By selecting this box, this manages the device to your user account to establish that unattended access.

If this list is no longer showing up for you, then you can follow the steps in the Knowledge Base article below for setting up unattended access with the TeamViewer Host application (Host is best for devices that are only going to be remoted into, and not going to be used to remote into others with).

Provide unattended remote support (teamviewer.com)

If you are not using the Host on the device in question, then you can go to the Settings icon (gear/cogwheel) in the bottom left side of the application. Then click on advanced settings, open advanced settings, and then click the General tab in the pop-up window. Next, you want to scroll down to the area titled Manage this Device and click Manage this device. This will prompt you to plug in your user account information if you not already signed into the application.

Finally, to confirm that the unattended access is set, click on the Security tab and make sure there is a checkmark in the box next to Easy Access, click ok in the bottom right corner of the pop-up window, and then you are all set.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further help. 👍️

• KimK1
    KimK1 Posts: 2

I am haveing a similar issue with 15.57.5 on an existing Windows 10 desktop to my Windows 11 Laptop. After ugrading a working older version of TV I can no longer get a remote connection to work. It connects, authenticates and then just hangs there. No charaters / typing is passed over the connection to the remote machine. Or sometimes a few characters are passed. For example, I gave up on troubleshooting this yesterday after several hours. Then this morning after a Desktop restart I initated a connection to the laptop. The entire TV Application was unrespounresponsive. I exited and relaunched TV, initiated a conntection to the laptop and it connected, authenticated and displayed the windows log in screen. It accepted my Pin and then hung with the rotating dots frozen in place.

BTW I am a long time, over 10 years, Free Personal Use user not comercial.

Very Frustrating. Is this a widespread problem.

• KimK1
    KimK1 Posts: 2

I took a look at the advice offered by TVSupportMatt post and found that under the Advance setting, Security, Rules for connection to this computer was set to "Not Allowed". I set it to "Allowed for all users" and got a working remote control connection in both directions.

This may explain why I had a couple of experinces where the connection worked yesterday. I have the setting to lock the computer after dropping a connection. So I left the computer logged in and it had not locked on time the connection would work. But if Windows authentication was needed it failed.

Very limited experincexperience with only a couple of uses, but fingers crossed I am back to reliable remote access😀

• Gunjani
    Gunjani Posts: 6
    edited September 12

Thank You all. @TVSupportMatt you advice was helpful.