TeamViewer 15.58 and macOS 15 Sequoia - known issues ?

Hello,

In our company, we use TeamViewer 15.58 and macOS 15 Sequoia. Some users have issues when using TeamViewer Remote: for instance, if computer A controls computer B (computer B runs Sequoia), the picture of computer B freezes on computer A, as when there are network outages.

Is this a known issue ?

On the TeamViewer website (https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/global/support/knowledge-base/teamviewer-remote/download-and-installation/supported-operating-systems-for-teamviewer-remote/), macOS 15 Sequoia is not mentioned as compatible with TeamViewer 15.58. When can we expect a compatible version?

Thanks,

Nicolas Blanc

Best Answer

• MoreCoffee
    MoreCoffee Posts: 50 Staff member 🤠
    Answer ✓

@Nicolas_Blanc_CH There are currently no known incompatibilities with TeamViewer remote control connectivity on macOS 15 Sequoia.

There are, however, quite a number of issues being reported on social media and by tech news websites concerning network connectivity on macOS 15 Sequoia in general (not affecting TeamViewer specifically). Some of these issues seem to have been fixed in yesterday's macOS 15.0.1 update, according to our internal testing.

If you haven't had the chance yet to update to macOS 15.0.1, I would recommend doing so.

If you continue to experience those freezes after updating, please open a support ticket. For that, it would be useful to know:

• Does the frozen connection eventually recover (or does TeamViewer eventually detect the issue and disconnect)?
    • If device A moves the mouse or clicks somewhere on the frozen picture of device B, are these mouse movements or clicks visible to someone sitting in front of device B?
    • If you have an audio or video connection in TeamViewer between those two devices, does that still work when the picture freezes?
    • Is there any VPN or network filtering software active on the affected devices? If so, do these issues also occur if that software is not active?

Colleagues responding to your ticket will likely also ask for TeamViewer logs. In that case it would be very useful if you can note the exact time(s) when the issue occurred.

Answers

• MoreCoffee
    MoreCoffee Posts: 50 Staff member 🤠
    Answer ✓

@Nicolas_Blanc_CH There are currently no known incompatibilities with TeamViewer remote control connectivity on macOS 15 Sequoia.

There are, however, quite a number of issues being reported on social media and by tech news websites concerning network connectivity on macOS 15 Sequoia in general (not affecting TeamViewer specifically). Some of these issues seem to have been fixed in yesterday's macOS 15.0.1 update, according to our internal testing.

If you haven't had the chance yet to update to macOS 15.0.1, I would recommend doing so.

If you continue to experience those freezes after updating, please open a support ticket. For that, it would be useful to know:

• Does the frozen connection eventually recover (or does TeamViewer eventually detect the issue and disconnect)?
    • If device A moves the mouse or clicks somewhere on the frozen picture of device B, are these mouse movements or clicks visible to someone sitting in front of device B?
    • If you have an audio or video connection in TeamViewer between those two devices, does that still work when the picture freezes?
    • Is there any VPN or network filtering software active on the affected devices? If so, do these issues also occur if that software is not active?

Colleagues responding to your ticket will likely also ask for TeamViewer logs. In that case it would be very useful if you can note the exact time(s) when the issue occurred.

• I am not having any luck with getting TV to stay connected. I get a crash within seconds or minutes. This is becoming highly stressful as I do need access this week for a few days. I did update my Mac iOS to. 15.01 and still the same crash. I have two computers at home and both crash when connecting to my work computer.