password changes autonomously

Hello, I am experiencing a weird issue,

I take a photo of my Remote Desktop ubuntu ID and password to connect from home with my MacBook (macOS Sonoma), then I connect the first time and everything goes smooth, when I try to reconnect the password for the Remote Desktop is no longer valid. I noticed that the password on the Remote Desktop changed from the one on my photo! Any suggestion?

Answers

• Carm_3
    Carm_3 Posts: 2

After some trials, I confirm that TeamViewer changes the password after the first log in, therefore the previous one is no longer valid. I remember that I have used the same password on the same remote pc for even one month, connecting every 2-3 days. I don't know if this is an issue or a new security feature.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 905 Senior Moderator

Hello @Carm_3

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

The displayed password is a random password for spontaneous access - by design, it is made to change after each session or when TeamViewer is re-opened.

We recommend setting up Easy Access for continued access to a device. Please see the following article:

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you encounter any other issues with this setup.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---