Android host using cellular data but cannot use wi-fi at the same time

OK, I have an issue doing this...but pretty sure it can be configured to work.

I need to monitor a local Wi-Fi IoT device using my cell local Wi-Fi connection

I need to use the cellular data to share my mobile on TeamViewer

Here's what happen. By disabling LTE, I can finally share my phone using cellular data. But as soon as I put Wi-Fi on to connect to the remote device I stop sharing my phone since the Phone app does not seem to know there is no Internet on this Wi-Fi connection.

So how can I force TeamViewer Host to always connect using only cellular data only and not Wi-Fi. Even if the local Wi-Fi connection is active

Tks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Bump!

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Michel_Lemieux,

Thanks for posting.

This isn't currently a feature of the software and I don't believe an app in Android can dictate which connection it uses.

In Android, when Wi-Fi is enabled, Mobile data is normally disabled making it unavailable.

After Googling this I cannot find any reported reliable method of having 2 connections both active at the same time and forcing an app (TeamViewer) default to one of the two connections (Cellular).

As this question is more related to the way Android assigns connections and is not available natively, this my be better asked on a forum like Android central or stackexchange?

Sorry I couldn't offer a better answer.
    -Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?