teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Change installation

Hi,

I have a few computers I am connected to as our family 'IT support', but I want to change the installation on a couple of them so those users can't connect and control my system, only I can connect to them and control theirs (if that makes sense). Currently I can start a connection and control any system from any other, and that's not a good thing.

Can I change the installations, or do I neded to re-install in a different way?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 3,186 Community Manager

Hi @Hedgehog101

You can keep the TeamViewer fullversion on the computers of your family members and change some settings or you can install the TeamViewer Host module* on their devices.

(*TeamViewer Host is used for 24/7 access to remote computers, which makes it an ideal solution for uses such as remote monitoring, server maintenance, or home-office access.​​ Outgoing connections are not possible.)

If you would like to keep the fullversion, please change the following settings so that outgoing connections (and meeting) are denied: 

accesscontrol_deny.png

1. Extras --> Options --> Advanced --> Advanced settings for connection to other computers --> Access control: Deny outgoing remote control sessions

2. Extras --> Options --> Advanced --> Advanced settings for meetings --> Access control: Deny meetings

I hope this helps you,

Esther

Community Manager