[Update: 13.0.6634] Christmas Update

13»

Comments

• globalsi
    globalsi Posts: 4 ✭✭

@DanielStmthanks ;  i'll try it immediately

• Thanks for this upgrade!

One question....is there multi monitor support?? I can't see any menu to do it. Cheers

• globalsi

I have the icon at the right of the bar for multi monitor.

• mhb
    mhb Posts: 8

I downloaded and installed this but nothing appears to have changed: still no file transfer menu on the remote desktop whereas if I log in from a Windows machine there is.   Yes I have checked I'm running the new version number.

• globalsi

Hi,

FYI, the transfer menu is in the list of computers, not in the tool bar.

• zeroconf
    zeroconf Posts: 8 ✭✭

The most wanted features for now (after file transfer and chat) are still missing from Computers&Contacts menu: add, change, remove computers. Currently we have to go through web interface https://login.teamviewer.com/ in order to add, change, remove computers, including comments per computer. This is the most uncomfortable for current 13.0.9865 version that we are enforced to use web-based version instead of computer-based.

Another hand - I have to say that Linux repository works well - special thanks for that! I really appreciate that I can install, update Teamviewer using Linux built-in package management tools like APT, RPM. This is much more secure and comfortable than downloading packages manually. Keep going good work!

• Chat doesn't work.  

Sending chat message from the client to jost that is.  I right click on computer and choose to send a chat message.  Nothing happens.  File transfer works though.

• It's the end of February, but we still do not have the ability to file transfer.  When can we expect it?

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

Your system updater should have told you weeks ago that there is an update.

File Transfer & Chat

Linux Developer
  • mhb
    mhb Posts: 8

See the post above that explains where the file transfer menu is.  It's not where you expect to find it, on the toolbar but in the menu for the known computers on the client computer.  Works fine.

b.t.w. I've also just used the same feature from an old android tablet (6 yrs old, running Android v 4.n) and it works beautifully.

• ReeseTech
    ReeseTech Posts: 7 ✭✭

The new update is certainly helpful and much appreciated. The contact list is working for online and offline again which is a huge help. Unfortunately I am still not able to really use the Linux version. There seems to be a lot of stability issues. It will crash on me and I have killall and restart the service to get it working again. There is also a weird issue where it stops sending key combinations, and will not share the clipboard properly. Keep up the good work though! I am still in favor of a wine version until the full Linux is ready for prime time...

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

New update is available: [Update: 13.1.3026] Spring Update

Please add comments on the latest release in the respective article.

@rafaparche: As @globalsi pointed out, switching monitor is there. Other features like showing multiple screens in separate windows will hopefully follow soon.

@mhb: Filetransfer was only in the Computers & Contacts context menu and the main TeamViewer dialog. With today's update, it's also available in the toolbar.

@zeroconf: I know. I wished we could have squeezed it in. Hopefully next time.

@alitvak69: If it still does not work, let me know.

@ReeseTech: I'm not certain you would have less problems with a Wine version, but I'm certain they would be different :robotwink: If you continue to have stability issues (preferrably, you get the same type of problem reproducibly), please consider Help/Feedback in the menu and attach log files.

Best regards,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • Thanks a lot @DanielStm I really appreciate TV team effort. BTW, I connect from my Ubuntu 17 to a W7 and sometimes I open a ssh on remote windows to a Linux machine, I notice my vim acts crazily....key configuration are gone, although if I'm in front of my W7 machine and I open ssh as usual then vim works fine.

• GVR_I
    GVR_I Posts: 1
    First of all, I really appreciate getting rid of wine and turning native. But it's have a year since the first announcement here and we are still in beta and missing the important feature of TeamViewer meetings. When I got the end of may update, I was hoping for Meetings to have arrived, but to no avail. Still no possibility to have meetings with my Windows-centric peers. So my question: when will you finally deliver Meetings in TeamViewer 13 Linux? Regards, **bleep**