A problem has occurred in BitDefender threat scanner

Hello,

Since few hours, I get this message on almost all computer with Endpoint installed. Almost impossible to close the context menu, it reappears immedialetly and computer are slow. The only way is to uninstall Endpoint... I think there is a conflict between Endpoint abd the Windows antivirus. Am I the only one ? Do you have a solution ? 

ProbEndpoint.PNG

Best Answers

Answers

• My Company has this issue also, if you turn off Active protection in Malware Default policy will stop the message pop-ups until resolution is supplied by TeamViewer.

• Hi

Getting this too - which specific setting is it in the malware default policy?

Thanks

Nick

• Real Time Protection in Anti-Malware Policy

• Brilliant thanks - did you find this also slowed every PC and the network generally?

• Yes it did, constant pop-ups and programs not responding. Let’s hope it’s resolved quickly so we can have real protection running again.

• OK, so I don't have another underlying issue then! I take it you've already raised it with support? Don't want to bombard them!

• Same issue here. All windows laptops receive that. Just trying this out now to get people working again. Thanks for the information

• Rebos
    Rebos Posts: 2 ✭✭

Looks like a new dispatch of updates has been applied by TV. The errors occurred this morning at our site(s) and they seem to be quiet again now

in the meantime i tested a separate policy for IT-Brain on a single client and without Realtime Protection set to active, the errors got banished. once the RTP was set back to active, the BitDef errors popped up again. BitDef is just reacting to the AppCrash of IT-Brain.

Again, TV seem to have deployed an update that solves the matter

• Got the same issue on my 86 year old father in law's pc.
    My workaround: I used
    https://login.teamviewer.com/nav/itbrain/antimalware/policies
    to remote uninstall the feature and it seems that the issue is gone.
    The Windows Defender took over virus protection again.

Well ... I'll keep my fingers off Remote Management feature from teamviewer now.
    I need teamviever to help to solve problems - not to create new ones ...

• istis
    istis Posts: 2

Is the problem solved?

• I too am waiting on a solution to this. This is impact lots of PCs!

• I see you posted the solution update while I was composing my message. I will try the presented solution and post here again if there is still a problem.

• Bepo
    Bepo Posts: 1
    Hi, we are managing a customer that has ITbrain endpoint protection. They had Kaspersky endpoint antivirus and Malware-bytes witch was removed before installing ITbrain. TeamViewer 13 with IT brain was installed few days ago 24.01.-28.01. approximately. Today some clients started getting continuous errors; ITbrain - Failed to Initialize IPC and BitDefender Threat Scanner - A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information.... etc. BitDefender was never installed on this site so I guess it's part of IT Brain. Also they have windows 10, 64-bit OS. We temporarily uninstalled IT Brain. Any ideas?
  • Hansolo1
    Hansolo1 Posts: 1
    Same problem here. Solved it with uninstall.
  • All working again, Thanks
  • apcdigital1
    apcdigital1 Posts: 5 ✭✭

Every one of my clients has this error on their computers today.

I've spent the day trying to fix the problem.  

Not very impressive.  

Kind Regards
    @apcdigital1
    D. Fowler
  • ITCONSULTING
    ITCONSULTING Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have trouble reinstalling Endpoint Protection on some PCs. Have you guys the same problem ?
    Error 14: Error 3. Tried to reboot, not working either.

• Install the latest windows updates and restart it. I had the same problem and it solved it.
  • apcdigital1
    @Stanislav, We followed those steps. We had lots of clients calling all at once, and it created havoc at our office. Thank you for your reply.
    Kind Regards
    @apcdigital1
    D. Fowler
  • Stanislav
    Stanislav Posts: 302 [Former Staff]

Hi, Thanks for this feedback.
    We already took some steps to prevent this from happening again. We will improve the behaviour not to create any discomfort for the end users in case it happens again. Faulty signatures can happen once per year or so, this is usually the cadence for all vendors. Usually, they are fixed within 1-3 hours, however this time the big red message and the crash loop slowed down some computers and created a lot of work for the IT admins.

We read and take note of all feedback in the community and from incoming calls and e-mails to further improve the service.

Thanks for understanding.
    Best regards,

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
  • Seckorateam
    Seckorateam Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks for this! Does Team Viewer user bitdefender or was this like a false positive?

• apcdigital1

@Seckorateam 

As I understand, ITBrain anti-malware endpoint protection does use BitDefender signatures as part of its database to protect against threats.  The product does not use BitDefender exclusively. 

Using TeamViewer alone for remote connection does not use BitDefender signatures or ITBrain anti-malware endpoint protection as it is a separate product.

Kind Regards
    @apcdigital1
    D. Fowler
  • hi