teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Do you want to enjoy the new TeamViewer user interface for Windows?

Download the new version and let us know what you think about it! 👉 Please click here 👈

Lost recovery code

Hi team, 

I have lost my recovery code and my mfa. I dont think there is a way around this other than getting in touch with you guys? Our company Admin said there wasnt much they can do either.

Your help is appreciated. 
Thanks

Regards, 
Kevin 

Credit Sense

Best Answer

Answers

• Animesh
    Animesh Posts: 0

I lost my recovery code . Kindly help getting it back

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 5,008 Senior Moderator

@Animesh

There are two options you can follow to get you started again:

If you own a professional TeamViewer license:

• Please contact our support via phone, they will guide you through the procedure: Contact us via phone

If you are using the free version of TeamViewer:

• You can create for free a new account: https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#register 
    • If creating a new account with a different email address is not an option and you want to use this same account again, you can request the deletion of your TeamViewer account by writing an email to [email protected].
    • As soon as the account is deleted by our dedicated team, you will be able to create the TeamViewer with this same email address.

French Community moderator

---

Did my response answer your question? Help out others and select it as the Accepted Answer

👉 Have you already tried out the new TeamViewer user interface? Do you want to give feedback? 👈
    ✅ GREAT - Go Ahead!

• Duythuong
    Duythuong Posts: 1 Newbie

i used to use 2 step auth but now i change iPhone. Now i dont have QR code and recovery key. How can I reset it?

• rhayman
    rhayman Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 3

Good morning,

A few days ago this option in Temviewer stopped sending me a push notice to my approved device on all of the PC’s I remote into.

I removed my device on all of my remote PC’s thinking it was a temporary issue.

But the problem has lasted for several days now.

I tried deleting and re-adding my approved device. But that didn’t help.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there an issue on your end?

Thank you. 

Robert L.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• hzp90
    hzp90 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited August 3

If I forgot my recover code and can not log in so how can I delete my account?

• bperez77
    bperez77 Posts: 1 Newbie

My phone recently broke and I unfortunately lost access to my 2FA method via the authenticator app. Additionally, I forgot to record my recovery codes. I've read a few other discussions on the forums and my understanding is that the only way to reset the account is to delete it completely and then re-register. Can I request to have my account deleted completely?

• Raveen
    Raveen Posts: 1

The previous authenticator app was reset and the backup was deleted. I do not even have team viewer recover codes. How do I recover it?

• Hello,

I am in need of some assistance. When I configured my TeamViewer account some time ago, for the sake of security, I enabled 2 Factor using Google Authenticator. Today, while using my Google Authenticator, I had it glitch up on me, in which it was showing duplicates of my account codes. When I tried to clear out those duplicates, I ended up losing the 2 factor code that goes to my TeamViewer account. I do have my recovery code fortunately, but apparently to disable my 2 Factor, I have to already have the code to enter in.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! I would prefer to not have to make a new account account all over again.

Thanks,

Tyler J Turnbull

• I lost my two-factor authentication recovery code.

Is there any way to solve this?

No matter how much I searched, I couldn't find it.

• I was trying to set up a laptop for unattended access, and it asked for a 6-digit code. I don't remember setting up for 2FA, and none of my authenticators have TeamViewer listed. When I say I can't access the code, it asked for a Recovery Code, something else I don't have.

I tried to set up 2FA using Google Authenticator, but it says it can read the code that is displayed.

Is there any way I can save this account, or am I going to have to abandon it and start all over with a different email account?

• darknetcs
    darknetcs Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi

My phone crashed and whipped all my 2FA codes, also I've lost all my data on my NAS where I kept my recovery codes (well just my luck), now while I'm still logged in to TeamViewer on my main computer I can log into Management Console, but cannot obtain recovery codes, as they are locked behind 2FA, nor cannot deactivate 2FA for same reason. Can anyone advise me what to do please?