Lost recovery code

2»

Answers

• JimmyRow
    JimmyRow Posts: 2

Thank you. I do not have the recovery code, so I will request a delete and start over with my preferred email address.

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,094 Senior Moderator

Hi @JimmyRow,

Thank you for your confirmation!

If you need any assistance, just let us know, we will be happy to assist you!

We wish you a nice week ahead 🤠

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

• ihf
    ihf Posts: 6

Is there a way to delete my Teamviewer account? I cannot login as I do not know my "Security code".I am asking this question from another account.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,681 Moderator

Hi @ihf,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

We are sorry that you have an issue with the security code while login into the TeamViewer account. For free account deletion requests, it is possible to process by sending the request to privacy@teamviewer.com and the internal team will handle the request individually.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Hi,

I've lost access to my 2 factor and don't have my recovery code. Is there a way to either get the account deleted (so I can re register the same email address) or get it reset? Or is the only solution to create a new account with different email?

• Hello all,

Hoping someone can help!

So I have the basic version of team viewer. I had an authenticator app set up on my phone to sign into my account. My phone is lost and there was no backup of the authenticator info - something I will definitely be setting in in the future! When I try to login from home i'm asked for this code but I don't have it nor do I have a recovery code!

Luckily, I have another remote desktop app running on the PC I am trying to access, so I can open an active session of team viewer and the management console, but obviously if I logout I will lose access. Therefore, however how do I set up another authenticator app on the account to regain access if I don't know the 6 digit code I'm being asked for the deactivate the 2 factor setting:

"Please enter your security code to deactivate two factor authentication for your account."

"The security code needs to be six digits"

I wasn't aware I had a 6 digit code... so i'm stuck!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rich

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,020 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @RichyRich2000,

Indeed, there will be no workaround, even though you have an open session; as you correctly said, the system will ask you for the code, even for the deactivation of 2-factor authentication.

There are two options you can follow to get you started again:

If you own a professional TeamViewer license:

• Please contact our support via phone; they will guide you through the procedure: Contact us via phone

If you are using the free version of TeamViewer:

• You can create for free a new account: https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#register 
    • If creating a new account with a different email address is not an option and you want to use this same account again, you can request the deletion of your TeamViewer account by writing an email to privacy@teamviewer.com.
    • As soon as the account is deleted by our dedicated team, you will be able to create the TeamViewer with this same email address.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• I cannot access my account anymore as I do not have access to my authenticator that was setup. I need to either remove the authenticator or delete my account.

• ihf
    ihf Posts: 6

I no longer have my 2FA key nor my backup codes. Is there a way to have the account deleted so that I can start over?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,020 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @ihf,

Indeed, as explained above, you can have your account deleted so you can start over.

If creating a new account with a different email address is not an option and you want to use this same account again, you can request the deletion of your TeamViewer account by writing an email to privacy@teamviewer.com.

Have a great day,

/JeanK

Community Manager