Stuck in "teamviewer is starting, please wait"

Options
2»

Comments

• Paul_PL
    Paul_PL Posts: 1
    edited December 2020
    Options

hi, I've been struggling with the same issue for 2 days. In my case the solution was correcting 2 things in Preferences:

• un-marking the use of proxy which was turned on by me for testing some time ago and I forgot to switch it back for default.
    • switching off the option Accept only LAN connection
  • Emblem
    Emblem Posts: 0
    Options

Hey all.

I've read all your posts and struggles and I discovered the solution.

It seems that any adjustments in the settings / proxy can trigger this issue.

You have to sign in to the Teamviewer Account and all is solved.

Have a great day!

• mmaus
    mmaus Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

This started happening to me as soon as I assigned the pc to my account and turned on unattended access as well.

I noticed an option listed as "Incoming LAN connections" changed from "deactivated" to "accept exclusively". As soon as I flipped this back to deactivated, everything connected immediately. I didn't even have to restart Teamviewer...it just all of a sudden connected. Hope this helps.

• Veteska
    Veteska Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you this is working .. I was before the possibility of reinstallation but thanks to this it works.

• SadSack963
    SadSack963 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

On linux use these commands:

sudo killall teamviewerd

systemctl start teamviewerd.service

Then start the GUI

• PodobrySergey
    Options

I had the same issue on Linux. Restarting teamviewer daemon helped.

service teamviewerd restart

• phongus
    phongus Posts: 1
    Options

I was able to get this message to go away, resign in, and then connect by doing the following:

1. At the top right corner of your Team Viewer main screen, click the Gear (settings)
    2. Under the General section, go to Network Settings, and under Incoming LAN connections, switch to "accept"
    3. Click OK
    4. Light at the bottom left corner should turn green and say "Ready to Connect (secure connection)"

• thecakeisal1e
    thecakeisal1e Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

For anyone who is experiencing this problem in 2023+, my recommendation is to reinstall, clear your registry, and do not update to the most recent version. So far, the most stable and recent version that doesn't have this issue has been the December 12, 2022 release (SHA256 04cb5b116cee82840c020914b1a4d04d). This message is dated January 31, 2023. You can find the option to prevent automatic updates in the advanced options.

Also, sorry for the thread necro; this is the first google result and it's the one most people will see when they try to solve this problem.

• Dontknowdoya
    Options