Email added to friends account - cannot remove

Options
thhm
thhm Posts: 6
edited May 2023 in General questions

A friend of mine, many years ago, added my email address to his free business account.  When I log into teamviewer, I cannot change my password or anything else (like create my own account) because he added me.

How do I completely remove my account and any ties to his account. Have emailed support but nothing back as yet.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,598 Moderator
    Options

Hi, @thhm 

Thank you for posting.

There are 2 different concepts about your account: adding as TeamViewer contacts and creating/deleting account.

As a TeamViewer account owner, if you have created the TeamViewer account by using your own email address, you are able to change your profile, change password, edit the groups of computers and contacts, and delete account. Feel free to check out what is a TeamViewer Account?  for more information.

As a contact in a group, if your TeamViewer account has been added to the group of other users' computer and contact list, you remain the owner of your TeamViewer account. But you are not able to remove your TeamViewer account from the group list, as the group is not managed by you. The permission of editing the group belongs to group owner.  Unless the account owner delete the contact from the group, your TeamViewer account as a contact would always appeared in the group list regardless the account status.

Hope it helps to understand the difference betwwen contacts and account. 

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • thhm
    Options

Thank you Ying_Q,

I think i'm in the second situation whereby my email address has been added to an account which is now unmanaged.  The problem is that I cannot create my personal account because my email address is already assigned.

Is there a way I can open a ticket to have my email removed from this other persons' business (Free) account since they don't use it anymore.

• thhm
    Options

Hello Ying_Q,

Can you advise? I'm unable to create my own account as my current email address is tied to an orphaned (never activated) bus

• Ying_Q
    Options

Hi @thhm 

Thank you for the replies.

If you have create an TeamViewer account with your current email address, it is not possible to use the same email address to create the second TeamViewer account. It already exists within TeamViewer system. There is no restriction on login your TeamViewer account if your TeamViewer account has been added as a contact on other user's Computers and Contacts list.

You may try Forgot password to reset your TeamViewer account password. The reset link will be sent to your email inbox. Simply follow the instruction to reset your account password.

Alternatively, you may try to delete your TeamViewer account by logging in to TeamViewer Management Console

Repeatly to confirm with you that the issue about accessing your TeamViewer account has nothing to do with saving your TeamViewer accout as a contact to other users.

Feel free to let me know if there is anything we may assist further with.

Regards

Ying_Q

• thhm
    Options

Ying_Q,

I appears that through multiple efforts, I am unable to communicate my issue to you.

When I goto the Management Console, I see a company (business) name at the top and free license, which has expired. It is not my company and I did not request to be added.  I cannot change my password either because my email has been added to someone else's account with my permission (see image below)

So, to summarize, I cannot register as a free or any other license because my email address has been added by someone else.  Therefore, I am unable to use the Teamviewer product.

Hope it's clear now.  Can you help me to delete this account so I can sign up on my own with my own email address.

password.png

• Ying_Q
    Options

Hi @thhm

Thank you so much for sharing the additional information and screenshot.

It does help to understand your issue. As your TeamViewer account has linked to an expired company profile, the possible solution at this stage is to purchase a TeamViewer license then contact TeamViewer Support Team to remove the expired company profile. Then your TeamViewer account will become a free account again. 

Besides that, you may use your TeamViewer account as normal on TeamViewer client for adding computers and making contacts and connections. For changing the password on your TeamViewer account, you might be restricted by the permission setting from the company profile which can be changed by the company administratior. 

On the other side, you may consider to register a new TeamViewer account with different email address for new usage since the current TeamViewer account is . 

There are the relevant explanation and possible solution for the scenario now. I am sorry that our limited duty can not assist you any further on this topic.

Regards

Ying_Q

• thhm
    Options

Accepted my own non-solution as solution.