Teamviewer 7 automatic upgrade to Teamviewer 9 ?

Options
2»

Comments

• emm
    emm Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I had the same problem when I upgraded from tv7 to tv9. However activating my business license on my account did not work. I got a message stating that the license is invalid which is not true because I am using the licesne on my desktop teamviewer.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @emm

I found that your license has still active on an old test version. I removed it from your account so you can activate your license again.

Could you please try again and let us know if it is working?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• emm
    Options

Hi @JeanK

Still not working...

I click "Legacy License Key Activation" in the "Edit Profile" and enter the license there.

Message received: The entered license is invalid

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @emm

Thank you for your message.

After checking deeper into your record, I found out that back in the days you purchased a light version of the Business license, called Small Business license. Only a local activation is possible with this version.

This means you need to download version 9, go to Extras → Activate license and enter your license key (which is on your invoice).

This will only allow you to activate locally the license on one computer. However, technically, everything will work fine.

I hope this could help.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• emm
    Options

Hi @JeanK

Thanks for your reply.

Does that mean that I cannot make a branded version of Quick Support anymore, like I did in version 7?

If there is any way I can still make my own version of Quick Support, please let me know.