Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• philly03
    philly03 Posts: 5

Hi DomLan,

If you are talking about the quick support host we did try that. I have it ready to connect but when he tries it says that my triel version is over and that I have a commercial licence.

But he did remove it and installed the quick support.

Phil. 

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @philly03

QuickSupport module and Host module are quite different. 

In any case, if I did not understand, you should receive assistance; you may also start the setup for the sole purpose of receiving assistance once, without completing the installation.

In any case, you should complete the steps that I have described before:
    - formalize a verification request (fetch logs where indicated)
    or
    - Uninstall everything and work only via QuickSupport.

For what I know, only one side of the connection (one you are the one and the other your cousin) must be licensed to use the tool for commercial purposes, so licensed.

Hope this help.

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• philly03

Thanks for taking the time, It is appreciated.

My cousin is not licenced (but he is the one that helps me with my computer problems).

My friend has a commercial licence (he is the one that installed teamviewer).

I have 3 computers and 2 have the normal teamviewer and the last one has the commercial one on it that we did remove and then we installed either quick support or the host....couldn't tell you which....

I found a file that says teamviewer and I will try to attach it to send the form.

Phil.

• DomLan

Hi @philly03,

have you previous installed Version 12? Try search file TeamViewer12_Logfile.log

have you previous installed Version 11? Try search file TeamViewer11_Logfile.log

...and so on. 

Post single file you'll find.

Regards

Domenico Langone

• RJPASC
    RJPASC Posts: 1

@PhantomF wrote:

Well a new version 77242 was released today and I didn't get one early time out all day with the free version.  Hopefully the issue is resolved now.

I have that version install on both machines and still get disconnected after roughly two hours. Maybe it's just a fluke but at this point I'm tired of playing with it. The price of a license for the paid version is too steep when using it for 2 machines on my home network. Time for me to move on I guess.

• philly03

Thank you, I did find the log for teamviewer 12 and there were no logs for teamviewer 11. It has been sent and I am now waiting. 

I also read in the knowledge base that if you have windows server that it will automatically classify you as commercial and that computer has windows server on it since it going to serve to convert my blu-ray collection and serve as a NAS.

Thank you again for all your help!

Phil.

• Martronic
    Martronic Posts: 1

i have been very happy with this program. i have been using it to help my friends remotely for like 3 years. however i will be trying to find a differtent remote support solution if the problems i am having with "licencing" doesnt get resolved. i keep getting the "your trial peroid has expired" issue. have they made it so it isnt free to use anymore? i am getting frusterated!

• Sitruk
    Sitruk Posts: 2

I am also having this issue.

I work in IT at a pharma company and I introduced TeamViewer into our environment since I had used it personally for such a long time. We have a paid corporate license at work. Unfortunately, this now means I am unable connect to my personal computers in any way from our work IP with out having my account get flagged as suspected commercial use. I have had this happen in the past when Teamviewer actually offerd support to personal users. After fixing my account, their solution was to use the Online Management Console to launch my personal connections. Well i have been doing that with no issues until version 12. Version 12 integrates your local version with the web console and so then it flags my personal account as suspected commercial use. 

There needs to better seperation between personal and corporate connections. 

• DaveC
    DaveC Posts: 3

Accidentally installed teamviewer as a commercial license, need to convert it to a personal license.  The computer is DCRANE-NOTEBOOK.  Please help.

• DomLan

Hi @DaveC

read this

Regards

Domenico Langone

• DaveC

I already submitted a ticket.  I am trying to expedite the process, but thank you.

• DomLan

Hi @DaveC

sorry, but you aren't "expedite the process".

You're just sharing some of your private information with a third-party community over TeamViewer... :-(

Regards

Domenico Langone

• DaveC

It's what the salesperson told me to do. 

• ganjeii
    ganjeii Posts: 1

@Esther wrote:

HI @rdzins

To get help, please check this Knowledge Base article.

Best, Esther

This should be the accepted answer, as TeamViewer live support will not assist non-licensed users.

• dionescu
    dionescu Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have received support even if I am not a licenced user.

I is true that sometimes the messages received from the support are contradicting themselves.  But, finally, they agreed I am a private person and not a professional.  Which is the case.

If you face issues, I recommend you to try again and another support technician will have a different view on your issue.  Well, if you are a private person, if you are a professional it is easyer to buy a licence.

Good luck!

• Plooij
    Plooij Posts: 1

I have a problem, I can`t get an ID for my Laptop. When I look in the log I see that it`s blocked.

This is happend sinds last week. can some one help me with a sollution?

I have reinstalled the software, and when I log in the web interface I see that my loptop isn`t connect sinds a week.

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi  Martronic,

Thanks for your post!

Please refer to the following link for further assistance with your request.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-has-expired/ta-p/5267

All the best,

Jonathan

• dian2n
    dian2n Posts: 2

I tried in any way to contact the service to explain the problem, but any contact methods on the site are for a paid license only. My problem is that I have a free license. How can I get support?

• Editor
    Editor Posts: 2

Hello everbody.

I used the trial version and the trial period has expired. I can not connect to any computer at the moment because software wants to buy a license..

How can I change my account for non-company (free)?
    Many Thanks

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Dear Editor,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

Please have a look at this Knowledge Base Article:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-h...

It will give you all the details on why you may be receiving that notification as well as a link to a web form via which you can contact our support team. 

There are already many topics on this board that refer to the subject of expired trial versions and point to the relevant article. That is why I would also like to kindly remind you to use the search function before posting a question. Since we have many active users, it is very likely that it has already been answered and that you can get your solution straight away :)

Thank you in advance!

All the best,

Katharina

• Editor
    Editor Posts: 2

I sent the form, thank you

• Katharina

You are very welcome!

Thank you for sending in the form -- our support team will get back to you as quickly as possible.

• C00ki3
    C00ki3 Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

Estimated 30 days to reply on the form!

To wait up to 30 days just for a response to a ticket raised is a little too long for me.

I moved to Teamviewer after **Third Party Product** hiked their prices up, heard good things about Teamviewer but to use it for 7 days then get cut off and have to wait 30 days for a response?

I guess I'll have to change to **Third Party Product**  to access my PC remotely now

• jlyons80
    jlyons80 Posts: 1

I am having this issue as well.  I can not submit a ticket because I am not a licensed user.  

Thanks,

Joe

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi jlyons80,

Thanks for your post!

If you are getting a trial expired message please refer to the 

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-has-expired/ta-p/5267

If you are getting a commercial use suspected message please refer to the following link.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

All the best,

Jonathan

• Katharina

Dear C00ki3, 

Thank you for your post. 

As you mentioned in your post, 30 days is an estimated time frame. You may of course receive your reply much sooner than that, but we do not want to make promises we cannot keep.

While we do our best to support all our users as fast and as efficiently as possible, it is of course our paying customers who have priority support. At very busy times (e.g. when a new feature or a new TeamViewer version is released), it might therefore take us up to 30 days to get back to our private users regarding issues such as an expired trial version.

However, we always make sure to respond as quickly as possible and appreciate our users' patience and understanding in this matter. We hope you will decide to give us a few days' time to solve your problem instead of using a different software. Since we are sure that you are going to like using TeamViewer, it is definitely worth the wait :)

All the best,

Katharina

• stormense
    stormense Posts: 3

Is backing back to version 11 the only solution?

• PhamCuong
    PhamCuong Posts: 1

Thanks for Moderator <3