Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@Xandor That's an interesting point. Every one here is complaining about being falsely accused of commercial use but you are the first to mention problems for licensed users. Could you expand on those problems please? Knowing them might help some users decide whether or not it's worth paying for the license.

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@User51973 Now that this problem has been going on for well over a year, you must have some statistics about your suspected commercial use campaign. Would you please share those statistics with us? How many blocked users turned out to actually be personal users? How many turned out to be commercial users that paid for a license? How many turned out to be commercial users that stopped using TV? How many didn't bother to fill out the form? This be be a great indication of whether you campaign has been successful or not. Maybe it would help you to fine tune your algorithm.

• Funk
    Funk Posts: 9

Yep, same here.  Non-commercial user whose account has been restricted and no response from Teamviewer as to a resolution.  If you're going to **bleep** up peoples' accounts then perhaps offer an expedient way to sort it out rather than free users being stuck with nowhere to turn?

• driver111
    driver111 Posts: 3

This is STILL happening!!!

Can this be fixed?? Surely its not that hard..

• WyldAnimal
    WyldAnimal Posts: 6

I tried to fill out the Support Form.
    It said, we can no longer provide support to Free users, Please use our Community for Support.

And Here, it says, the Community can not provide support you must fill out the form.

So how to I get this issue addressed?

The Software poped up, that it detected Commercial Use.
    now my session times out after 5 minutes.

I'm Not Useing it for Commercial Use.
    Is there any way to get this reset?

• JY1
    JY1 Posts: 1

Hello, 

I 've been granted a free licence to use Teamviewer (personal use) and my app is still considering it as a trial and closing connection after few seconds. How to update de account information ?

Thanks for your help;

(please do not post personal information)

• Ceyarrecks
    Ceyarrecks Posts: 3

Only ONE MINUTE connections?!

When supporting the elderly, one can NOT establish a fix/troubleshoot, in <1m.

so.

TeamViewer has become SO HUGE, that they choose to disrespect the more humble users, eh?

One being limited by choice or situation to older (and in alot of cases, more reliable) OS and versions, one is limited, no PREVENTED, from using TeamViewer v7?

OH! I get it,... TeamViewer does not care about the humble... only the infantile that stole the credit card from mommy that they are still living with to give TeamViewer money,.. huh?

Then if this be verified, I will just go to another solution, and leave the greedy to gnaw the gullible.

• Been there, done that (before I even got blocked!) - still waiting for a reply.

• AzKat
    AzKat Posts: 1

Commercial use detected again, last time this happened I had custommer support help me with this as I don't know what network triggers this as I'm more than 100% sure that I'm not using this for commercial use.

The "feedback" button on the application stopped working (stuck on the "try again later" page after submitting ... for the past 3-5 days) so that's also a plus.

I've read the "personal" part of the license and it applies entirely to my usage scenario, yet teamviewer still "detected" commercial use.

So, now with literally no way to contact their support team do I have to just make new accounts?

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

I gave up already! I submitted the form, they replied around 1 week after and said that my account will be released upon submitting the declaration form. I submitted the declaration form in Feb 2019 and I tried again every weekend and my account still being blocked. So, I gave up now. So diasppointing and totally waste of time. 

• driver111
    driver111 Posts: 3

@Esther  can you please assist? I really need to have this issue resolved.

• JackHK

Just to share with you. I've submitted a form, sending emails, escalating since January, the account still blocked. I would advise you to give up and don't waste time ! 

• Grant837
    Grant837 Posts: 18

Why does Teamviewer even say they have a free version? 

I have had mine approved 3 times as private use and still I get notifications I am using commercially... silly company. 

Also their replies are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow... is that what I can expect if I or one of my friends every paid for a commercial license?

I would never recommend Teamviewer again... (I used to mention it to many people)...

• 7leagueboot
    7leagueboot Posts: 22

Yes, I wholly agree with you.
    I got the stupid commercial use detected message yesterday. I filled the form to get unblocked as I only use it to assist 2 friends with issues they have on their PC's as neither have any computer skills. I'm a retired person otherwise.

I received a reply saying that I would not be unblocked because my email address belongs to a company. I replied explaining that the company concerned went bankrupt 6 years ago but I kept the domain and email address.

This morning I received another reply informing me that TV receives too many mails and has no time to respond to me. I was advised to use the community forum.

In other words, you go round and round in circles whilst they scam you by claiming it is free for non-commercial use, only to falsely accuse you of commercial use and force you to buy a license. Well TV, I won't. I will search for an alternative because your customer service is a waste of time and you are dishonest.

• Wakey
    Wakey Posts: 1

It doesn't even give me the 5 mins it states. I get like 2 mins at most and it kicks me out. The whole thing is ridiculous as I contact them, it takes weeks for them to respond and 6 months later it does it again. I only access devices in my own Network and they all run non-server os's.

The only option to stop this happening all the time seems to be to pay their ridiculous monthly fee. I would be fine paying a fee tbh as i use it so much IF it they had a premium home user package at a resonable price

• sintara
    sintara Posts: 5

yeah im still haven issues and there not fixing it sounds like this is a underhanded way of making us pay 

• Rooibos
    Rooibos Posts: 1

I'm having the same problem. Teamviewer support can't be reached unless you're paying for a license. 

I found a form to fill in on this page: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

• sintara

yep i filled that in already days ago they dont care 

• Funk

Same.  Am looking at alternatives now.

The stupid thing is that I've said to Teamviewer that if they introduced a 'Non-Commercial Power User' subscription at a sensible price I'd be happy to pay for it.  I use it only to support friends and family so there's no way I'm paying £x hundred/year to do that.

I'd be interested to know what I've done which tripped the warning.

• Mike44a
    Mike44a Posts: 2

Same 'profanity-watch' at my home IP and in these posts. Unbelievable. Unacceptable total spying company. Uninstalling now and warning internet-community.

• Mike44a
    Mike44a Posts: 2

Why would anyone have to 'request' to continue their personal use?

It takes less time to deinstall this software that spies on you.

• sintara

whats the program 

• JackHK

Thanks for letting us know!

@Mike44a wrote:

Same 'profanity-watch' at my home IP and in these posts. Unbelievable. Unacceptable total spying company. Uninstalling now and warning internet-community.

• JackHK

Exactly, considering to give up.... 5 months already,  nothing happened!

• JackHK

Give up mate, don't waste any more time!

• JackHK

Great! Share with me privately. 

• Funk

I'd be interested to know too.

Edit: this is pathetic - they've taken the time to configure the forum to automatically censor mention of any competitor products! **bleep**!  How insecure do you have to be as a company to do that eh?

[removed per Community Guidelines]

:D

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

Actually, it's manually performed AFAIK.

• Funk

Heh, ridiculous.  If you can get forum posts edited in seconds why can't you get this debacle with locked-down free user accounts sorted out?