Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• xprt007
    xprt007 Posts: 2

So was I unlucky to post questions at a time no one was around, are they not worth answering ... or no one knows ...?
    :catsad:

Just wondering.

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi xprt007,

Thank you for your posts!

Your questions do of course deserve a reply -- I am sorry that you have not received any answers so far. 

In order to delete a PC that no longer exists from your Computers & contacts list, please hover over the PC in question and click on the small drop-down arrow that will appear. This will open a dialog box. Please click on the gearwheel icon in the upper right-hand corner and select "Delete".

As far as the "commercial use suspected" notification is concerned, you are welcome to contact us via the form that you can access via the following Knowledge Base article: 

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

If you are using the software in a private environment, we will of course be able to unblock the software for you.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let mw know!

All the best,

Katharina

• jariwal232
    jariwal232 Posts: 1

Hello,

I've installed TeamViewer on my new laptop and, by mistake, I have probably selected other licence than personal one because now I'm getting an error: Your trial period has expired!

Unsinstalling TeamViewer and reinstalling with a personal licence won't work (it gives me same licence expiration message).

user id [ID removed]

Could you help me solving this issue and using again TeamViewer, please?

I am a private person and only use TeamViewer with my personnal computers.  No comercial use.

Many thanks,

Mr Jariwal

• duswp721
    duswp721 Posts: 1

I have ran into the exact same issue, can someone help??

• DD9KWA
    DD9KWA Posts: 1

my TV in this time is 11.0.66625
    Updating to Version 12 is here not for private,only very expansive costs :(

• Katharina

Hi DD9KWA, 

Thank you for your post. 

I think I have good news for you: TeamViewer 12 is of course still free for private users.

You can simply download it from our website and use it with all your friends and family:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/

I hope this was helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know!

All the best,

Katharina

• petestrash
    petestrash Posts: 2 ✭✭

You can simply download it from our website and use it with all your friends and family:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/

I think I have good news for you: TeamViewer 12 is of course still free for private users.

I have downloaded and installed TV12 on a new laptop, I selected private use, during install but the private use licence still expired and now cannot use it or re-install on that laptop?

• Andreu
    Andreu Posts: 1

Hello,

For reasons that I don't know I have blocked my id for commercial use. How can I prove that I have not used my id for commercial use?

Thank you

Regards

• peterlee
    peterlee Posts: 2

I installed teamviewer with commercial trial previously. Now, I woul like to use it in non-commrcial environment. How can I downgrade the license?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi peterlee,

to change the usage of your TeamViewer from commercial to private, you´ll have to request this via a form. In this Knowedge Base article you can find a link to the form to request the change.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Katharina

Hi petestrash, 

Thank you for your post. 

If your trial licence has expired, please have a look at the following Knowledge Base article:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-h...

It will give you all the details on why you may be receiving that notification as well as a link to a web form via which you can contact our support team. 

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Katharina

• petestrash
    petestrash Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thank you, I have now followed that process.

• sallyp55
    sallyp55 Posts: 1

Is there anyway to switch from the business trial version to the personal free version, I accidently hit the business trial version when I downloaded the software.

thanks Sally

• FA
    FA Posts: 1

Any busdy is there to help me...!! koi hai ???

I am having the same problem.  Please keep me posted as to your success! koi hai jo meri help kre.. main aap ka bhot bhot shuker guzaaar honga.

FA

• peterlee
    peterlee Posts: 2
    Hi Esther
    I submitted the form last week. I would like to know yhere is any updayes.
    Thanks
    Peter
  • Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Andreu

Thank you for your post. Please have a look at this article here

Cheers

Reyhan

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • Muru77
    Muru77 Posts: 2 ✭✭

What do I get in touch with? Suspected of commercial use, actually is not because windows 10 update changed machine networks to the public. To be converted to private, is private use

• Katharina

Dear Muru77, 

Thank you for your post!

Please have a look at this Knowledge Base Article:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-...

It will give you all the details on why you may be receiving that notification as well as a link to a web form via which you can contact our support team. 

There are already many topics on this board that refer to the subject of commercial use and point to the relevant article. That is why I would also like to kindly remind you to use the search function before posting a question. Since we have many active users, it is very likely that it has already been answered and that you can get your solution straight away :)

All the best,

Katharina

• Muru77
    Muru77 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks

• eitanmiz
    eitanmiz Posts: 1

I checked team-viewer for businsess use and find it unupropiate for my configuration (teamviewer 12).

Still, I need to use as a client (and I don't anyone will control my own machine, but I indeed want to access remote computer, which support that).

I see that install again for professional use is impossible, since the teamviewer program always indicate I am using trial version with days of expiration.

How, eventually, I re-install teamviewer for professional use, after mistakely install as business use.

• Hi @sallyp55

To do his you will have to fully uninstall teamveiwer and install it again using the setup which can be obtained from the official website.

Hope to have helped,

James

• JD_PBX
    JD_PBX Posts: 4

Ensure you checkmark the "Remove all settings" option when doing the uninstall, or it will pick it back up when you reinstall.

• Mahero100
    Mahero100 Posts: 4

Sirs

I had free personal licence for more than 1 year .. & had used it maybe 2 or 3 times since i intsalled last year .. before 2 weeks Teamviewer asked for update by mistake checked commercial use :smileysad: when i log now its says Trial expired.. :smileyfrustrated: someone can help me  :smileysad:

• Reyhan

Hi @Mahero100

Thank you for your post. Your request is in progress in our ticketsystem.
    Unfortunately, the community is unable to provide a solution. 

The processing time for private tickets can take up to 30 days after receipt. 

Please do have a little patience :smileyhappy: We will take care of your concern.

Best regards

Reyhan

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • phanhanh
    phanhanh Posts: 1
    Dear Support Teamviewer I use Teamview do support my friends I have mistake setup Teamviewer version 12 Company on my laptop Win xp. And now this version has expired Please guide me change to version personal. I want use version Free Many thanks

• Katharina

Dear phanhanh, 

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

Please have a look at this Knowledge Base Article:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-h...

There are already many topics on this board that refer to the subject of expired trial versions and point to the relevant article. That is why I would also like to kindly remind you to use the search function before posting a question. Since we have many active users, it is very likely that it has already been answered and that you can get your solution straight away :)

Thank you in advance!

All the best,

Katharina

• nevermind

• Mahero100
    Mahero100 Posts: 4

Hi @Reyhan

kindly 30 days is too long time.. to jsut verify my logs :smileysad:..

realy your fast action is highly apreciated :smileyhappy:

Regards

• Hi,

My Teamviewer sessions is timing  out after 5 minutes. There is no Advanced option in the Extras menu. How can I change the idle timeout?Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 8.18.54 AM.png

Thanks

• Reyhan

Dear @Mahero100

Thank you for your fast reply. 

That well may be, but I hope you will understand that due to the large number of enquiries, our paying customers have priority over free users.

30 days is an estimated time frame. You may of course receive your reply much sooner than that, but we do not want to make promises we cannot keep. :smileywink:

Thanks for your patience and your understanding!

Reyhan

Reyhan