Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• sodly
    sodly Posts: 1

I am trying to reset my connection to free/non-commercial.  However, when I go to the online form it asks for the affected user ID.  Is that my ID?  Or the person on whose computer I'm controlling?  Also, it's asking for a 10 digit ID number.  Mine is only 9.  I  have the latest version of TV.  What am I doing wrong????

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @sodly ,

Thank you for your post.

please note that when you submit the form, it is only for a single ID.

So you need to make sure you submit all relevant ID's as if you only submit one and the other device is detected, even if one is unblocked, connections to another blocked device is not possible.

You need to make sure you submit all ID's.

I have also tested if we can submit a form with 9 digits TeamViewer ID. It works fine so please try it again from the link: https://www.teamviewer.com/reset 

Hope this will be helpful.

All the best,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • When I go to the reset page the form does not allow any typing in the Affected ID field -which is required. A line appears and no typing shows up.Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 6.33.32 PM.png

• Leo93
    Leo93 Posts: 6

Hi @nadiajaafar,

I suggest that you read the following link: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

It will help you with your problem.

Cheers

Leo 

• @BWG wrote:
    Thank you. Just curious, what do you base this decision to flag peoples accounts on? I'm concerned that my privacy is being violated.

Same here!

• @Closed account wrote:

Has ANYONE had their commercial use block removed?

If so, how long did it take?

Can you give the rest of us any hints on getting a quicker response?

JWK in RVA

I did back in August.  They restored it about 5 days after I submitted the Declaration of Personal Use.  But that was after I submitted the request to unblock.  Don't recall and can't tell how long it took to get the response to the request.  

After all that they just blocked me again.  So I signed a new Declaration and emailed it directly just now.  We'll see what happens.

• TeamViewer: Are you there? Would really appreciate a response.

• Rings
    Rings Posts: 11

I just got a response to my 3rd or 4th email declaring private use, which is a first (they've never responded to one before.) They said that they don't believe me and think I'm using it commercially! They gave me 2 options: either buy teamviewer for commercial use, or sign a "declaration of private use that needs to be printed, signed personally and sent back to us to the following email address (redacted)"

I'm not willing to follow through with that for personal reasons. I'm not giving them my signature, full name, address, phone number etc. Are they out of their mind? They should be able to detect commercial use just fine with their algorithm AND a human involved. They clearly are not able to do so, or knowingly flagged me dishonestly in order to strongarm me into buying a paid account. Looks like I will be leaving Teamviewer after a long 10+ years if they think I'm a commercial user who connects to one person every other month.

• Steve-in-FL
    Steve-in-FL Posts: 27 ✭✭

@nadiajaafar wrote:

When I go to the reset page the form does not allow any typing in the Affected ID field -which is required. A line appears and no typing shows up.image

Make sure that you have NUMLOC on. Typing in that field without NUMLOC will result in no characters being entered.

I just tested the form at:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset/?_ga=2.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**-**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**#forms

and it woirks with Chrome browser.

• Steve-in-FL

I do not know how to refer to an older post, so I will repeat my comments here:

I filled in the online form for each of my 13 IDs. They unblocked 12 of those IDs within a few days. The 13th was still blocked. I filled in  the online form again with no results. Then I received an email asking me to fill in the "declaration of private use" form. I did so and listed the 13th ID (even though the form doesn't ask for the ID at all). That 13th ID was unblocked within 24 hours.

You ask for pointers, but all I can tell you is what I did. I submitted an online form for each ID I have and on the form listed all of the other IDs, so everything could be cross-referenced, if necessary. I showed the name assigned to each of the IDs. For each ID that "looked" commercial, for example DATASERVER, I explained that it was used only in my home and for a specific, non-commercial purpose. When they asked for the "declaration of private use" form, I also listed the ID and the name assigned. That's it.

All I can say is that it worked for me. But I know that the system is unclear, appears to be arbitrary and is inconsistent. I know that the trigger is not only the IP address, since the ID that originally did not get reset was one of seven in my house, so they all shared the same WAN IP address.

Other people have not been so lucky, with no action of any kind in response to their forms. Can't say why.

I consider the unblocking a response, so I was not unhappy that they didn't write me an email when they did that. It's not good public relations, but my concern was unblocking - I consider that the important part of the response. In fact, the only email I did receive, was the one that said I needed to fill in the Declaration of Private Use. The responce I got for that one was, again, unblocking, but no email.

Good luck.

Steve-in-FL

• I have been in communication with TV the last few weeks for the same exact thing. I have two cell phones, two android tablets and two laptops and a desktop ALL IN MY HOUSE. But due to my health I am unable to get around back and forth from room to room as much as I used to so if I need something from one device or I need to view something on another device then I use TV. HOWEVER here lately THEY SUSPECTED ME OF COMMERCIAL USE. So I filled out all the forms and they sent me a response. I will copy and past the one line that sums it all up ............ After reviewing the information provided to us, we were unable to confirm that the submitted ID is being used privately. Guess what? Not only can they not CONFIRM that I am NOT using it for commercial purposes but they are not confirming that I am either. **bleep** sure glad courts don't work that way. We are sorry sir but we can't confirm that you didn't rob that bank so we are going to put you in jail anyway. I will install a virus on my PC before I pay them for the use of something that they are falsley claiming is free when it is not.

• I would LOVE for them to PROVE that there is commercial use on my network to or from it.

• I will buy 10 licenses if they can prove or can provide evidence of commercial use on any of my devices. PERIOD. How about it TeamViewer. I am calling you out. Do you want to protect your reputation as a company? Am I lying about it or are you?

• NO ONE WILL PROVE IT. They just CLAIM that you are doing that. Give up and go find some software from some other company.

@stevelin wrote:

Hello

Teamviewer detected commercial use. But I‘m not.

I just use it to solve my mom's computer problem at home.

I have already filled out the form. But I have never received any reply emails.

Can you help me?

• Rings
    Rings Posts: 11

I've already ditched Teamviewer completely. **Third Party Product** not only works better, it doesn't falsely accuse it's honest customers of commercial use!

• DanLester
    DanLester Posts: 31 ✭✭

TeamViewer has a few capabilities that other free options don't. The other free options (that don't have "commercial use" garbage) allow remote control of other machines with ease, but are less capable in file transfers.

Having had my TV privileges removed because of alleged "commercial use" (those allegations being entirely false), and having those privileges restored by submitting a "self declaration of personal use", my going forward strategy is simple. Use TeamViewer, but DO NOT DEPEND ON IT. Have alternate remote control apps available and proven, and ready to use. As to file transfer, there are many file sharing apps available that can be put on both local and remote machines that will do the job.

I should add that , not infrequently, TV just refuses to connect. When that happens, I just quickly switch to my ready-to-go alternate app.

As a result of my "commercial use" denial, I still use TV, but I no longer depend on it.

• Steve-in-FL

I agree and have a few comments.

@DanLester wrote:

TeamViewer has a few capabilities that other free options don't. The other free options (that don't have "commercial use" garbage) allow remote control of other machines with ease, but are less capable in file transfers.

One of the functions that TeamViewer has that I like and make use of is the "computers & contacts" list. It maintains a list of all "other end IDs" along with a description. I do not need to maintain a separate list of those.

Another function I like is that TeamViewer will display or notify me when another machine is up and ready. I can look at my contact list and see what machines are online and which are not. That's handy when I reboot a remote machine and I am waiting for it to come back online. I don't have to keep trying to connect - TV will pop up a notification telling me the machine is back.

@DanLester wrote:

...my going forward strategy is simple. Use TeamViewer, but DO NOT DEPEND ON IT. Have alternate remote control apps available and proven, and ready to use. 

I agree. I think your strategy is spot on. I would further stretch it to apply to almost every product you (or we all) use. Browsers, registry cleaners, video players, pretty much everything, should have a tested alternative ready to go into service.

@DanLester wrote:

I should add that , not infrequently, TV just refuses to connect. When that happens, I just quickly switch to my ready-to-go alternate app.

I've never had this experience. When I get a failure to connect, there has always been a problem on the other side. (Many times, a problem on the other side is the reason I am trying to connect.) Of course, I have only my own and friends machines as a basis for survey, but I've probably made 100s of TV connections over the years and that's what I have found.

I occurs to me that the overhead of TeamViewer cloud resources in maintaining the currect status of all the TV IDs connected at any given time might be substantial. Maybe that's one of the reasons why they are trying to get commercial users to pay up. (This does not, of course, excuse the method they are using to do that, which, I think we all can agree, is pretty poorly managed.)

• musicreporter
    musicreporter Posts: 11 ✭✭

Very good.

You just articulated what I have been doing the last few months.

TV is primary, but I have another app that works as easily. [third party product]

I have tried several apps and the one I mention is the best for me. 

• Sadly they don't respond as fast as they used to. I also have switched to that software.
  • I'm having this same issue. Never used Team Viewer for commercial use, helping by parents with their phones and my brother with his PCs is not making me any money.

How can I get my account reviewed and clear so I can support my family again? Already looking for options, but there is nothing as good as Team Viewer for Android phones.

• i have used this for years and now this is happening whats going on??

• why i get 5 minut restriction to my connections?

• I just started getting this message. Saying commercial use suspected. But it's just my personal computer.
  • Wondering the same thing. It's just my personal computer. And I'm getting this message also.
  • DanLester

I'll just say that, indefense of what I said above, many times when I try to connect with TV, it is unable to do so, and just sort of hangs, and I switch to an alternate connection app and it works fine.

• DanLester

This has been covered repeatedly, and in volume, on other threads. Welcome to the club.

You cannot "argue" with TV about this. They will not listen. Nor will they present evidence. But what you CAN do is submit a "self-declaration of personal use" which is basically a solemn, contractual promise that you won't every do it. See

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset/?_ga=2.17204857.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**-**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

Once you do this, most likely, they will restore your sevice in a few days. They will NOT contact you to tell you that your sevice has been restored, so don't wait for that.

In the meantime, get yourself set up with any number of free apps that control remote computers without this "commercial use" garbage. They won't let us quote their names here, but there are a few good ones. TV has a few advantages compared with those, but for basically controlling a remote computer, those others work just fine. Have them ready to go, and DO NOT DEPEND on Teamviewer.

Finally, understand that if you're using TV for free, you're getting what you're paying for.

• Yershov
    Yershov Posts: 11 ✭✭

I seriously believe that the unfounded accusations of the TV program can be seen as defamation, with all the ensuing legal consequences. Thus, unreasonably offended users can appeal to the courts with a claim for moral damages.

• In all my years I have never had worse Customer service than I have from Teamviewer.  Just because I use the Free Version does not mean we should be ignored. They offer the free version so why don't you support it.  I have been dealing with the error Suspected commercial use. This is the 3rd time this has happened the other time they asked for logs and stuff and they confirmed I was not.  This time I have been asking for a resolution for 4 Months.  I have summited multiple tickes and sent responses to emails a dozen times they go unanswered.  The time I did get a response they made me submit a form (Affadvit) that I am using it for personal only, I sent that in and they said they fixed it.  When I replied that I was still getting the error I went another month before they replied and they said I gave them the wrong number.  Funny because they said it was fixed they only fixed one of my devices.  I stated I need my ID fixed not just 1 machine.  I also asked why they never asked me for logs and stuff like the first 2 times but instead asked me to fill out and sign an affidavit. And I still sit with an unusable Teamviewer.

• mencik
    mencik Posts: 4

I filed that form, and it has been two weeks. I have heard nothing. I have never used TV for commercial use. I have no need to use it for commercial use. I use it only to help friends from church and family members so that I do not need to visit them in person.

@DanLester wrote:

This has been covered repeatedly, and in volume, on other threads. Welcome to the club.

You cannot "argue" with TV about this. They will not listen. Nor will they present evidence. But what you CAN do is submit a "self-declaration of personal use" which is basically a solemn, contractual promise that you won't every do it. See

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset/?_ga=2.17204857.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**-**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

Once you do this, most likely, they will restore your sevice in a few days. They will NOT contact you to tell you that your sevice has been restored, so don't wait for that.

In the meantime, get yourself set up with any number of free apps that control remote computers without this "commercial use" garbage. They won't let us quote their names here, but there are a few good ones. TV has a few advantages compared with those, but for basically controlling a remote computer, those others work just fine. Have them ready to go, and DO NOT DEPEND on Teamviewer.

Finally, understand that if you're using TV for free, you're getting what you're paying for.