Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Probably so.... they seem to be too busy getting the free non-commercial users bumped, like me!

• Hi, I ocaisionally use Teamviever to help my family abroad with basic pc issues, and it suddenly started to disconnect me and showing message about a commercial use suspicion. How to remove that? I would be happy to buy a license but £30 for a month for two-three times usage is way too much. What can I do? How this suspicion can be removed? Regards, Greg.

• I've had this issue. I run 3 PCs at home and I use TeamViewer to wake an old laptop  and connect between the two desktops. I also use an iphone and android phone sometimes when I am out or even just sitting in my living room.

So knowing that I am genuinely only using teamview for personal non commercial use I instigated an online chat with teamviewer assuming they would fix it only to be put through to a sales rep who phoned me back. I explained my usage and the sales rep told me its OK to use teamviewer in my own home but connecting from outside the home via a phone or ipad is deemed as "commercial use". This seems to fly in the face of what it says on the Teamviewer website where it bangs on about it being free for non commercial use because of the positive word of mouth recommendations that result.

• Hello everyone

I live in Russia and use mobile and two pc, it’s my device but teamviewer told me buy pro acc because I use it for commercials. But it’s my device, in one of them I use VPN because I live in Russia, please make my account free again **Please Do Not Post TeamViewer IDs** my id.

• I recieved an email telling me that they had unlocked my id but im still getting the msg saying commercial use detected. Can someone tell me if there is something i have to do on my pc

Tony Perez

• ChroM
    ChroM Posts: 1
    Hey guys help, not comercial use here.. And it keep says comercial use detected when i connect from mobile to my computer
  • Same here, getting the commerical usage 1 minute limit.  Only connect to my personal home machine.  Sales rep quoted me for $1,400 a year

• Thanks for the ideas - but I have to say - when there are other, reasonably-priced (or free) alternatives, is it really worth the time & effort to fight with TeamViewer, when it's clear that advertising "free" is just a marketing tool to **bleep** you in?

They've lost the moral high ground, and lost me as a customer.

• TeamViewer 14, personal. 

When a user creates a presentation, it creates the presentation and others can join. However, after 59 or 60 seconds, the presentation ends with the error "The connection has timed out". When other users on this network create a connection, it works.

Uninstalled Teamviewer, cleared registry, did a full reinstall. 

• WHY OH WHY?! 

This is so annoying. I have 2 media servers at my house and yet i cant log in because this hoopla. Waste of time and a week to fix. lol 

• Hi

My teamviewer is now blocking me and saying that I'm using it for commercial use when I'm using to personal use. I do have it installed on my work laptop, but use it to connect to my desktop at home as I can't use some apps on my work laptop. How do I get this block taken off?

• I'm having the same issue. have you found out how to resolve this yet?

cheers 

• forget TeamViewer, they never answer, they never help Customers.

I've gone to **Third Party Product**.

It works fine

• Getting this stupid message. I used to love this program but I'm uninstlling it soon from all my devices and going to any of the other free options in the same space as you. I"d name them but like a petulant child you mark them out with *Third Party*. If you're that good you shouldn't be threatened by a competitors name. As a free user you don't care anyhow...I can see you nodding yes. Good ridence. 

• Hi team viewer representative

Unfortunately, my account was deactivated. I'm a student at the University of Houston but I was doing my internship at Nvidia now since the laptop from Nvidia has business windows you deactivated my account.
    I'm done with the internship and there is no business windows anymore.
    Please activate my account. This semester I will graduate and I need to work remotely.
    Please let me know if you need more information, I can provide you my limited work authorization that proves I'm a student and right now I was an intern.

Thanks, I greatly appreciate your help and understanding.

Sincerely

• So I finally heard something from  TV. I had to actually go to Twitter and call them out for the lack of customer service, in order for them to respond.  After they eventually responded they still said I using TV  it commercially.

I have uninstalled TV and not renewing my actual commercial account with Teamviewer, that my IT team uses. We will be switching to another product. 

Maybe we should all go to Twitter and social media and bring this into the public light and let them deal with this marketing nightmare. 

• In the end I just setup remote desktop to my home pc from my work laptop. setup port forwarding on my router to route to my dekstop private ip, added and inbound firewall rule ini the router, and just use rdp to remote to my router Ip. works just as good. does what i need for now anyways.

• After using Teamviewer for 2 years of personal use my account was locked for commercial use after the august update to IoS. I submitted a ticket and the account was unlocked. About a month later it was locked again. I use my phone at work on work wifi IP address every now and then and I'm sure that is why it's being locked. Work IP uses a high rate corporate TeamViewer account. 

Very unfortunate that I had no issues for 2 years and then all the sudden an update and I'm locked with no way to access my home server. 

• hello,
    i am using teamviewer to conect to my personal google cloud ubuntu virtual machine for my research on reinforcement learning.
    i only used teamviewer for personal use. I never used teamviewer for comercial use. but since last week, i start to have this message, that i am using it for comercial use and i cant connect more than 1 minute before the connection close. then i have to wait 10 minute to reconnect.
    how can we fix this probelm?
    best regards,
    greg
  • So today when I tried to help my friend fix something preventing him from using his PC, my TeamViewer session randomly terminated. Upon trying to reconnect I was told I needed to wait 11 minutes to reconnect. When I was finally able to reconnect I was informed that "action" was necessary and that I was using the software as a business customer. The session again terminated after roughly 30 to 40 seconds.

I do not, and have not ever, charged anyone for fixing their issues over TeamViewer. I do not own a business license. Furthermore, I haven't used TeamViewer in weeks. I help my friends out with their issues at most 3 or 4 times a month. Either your algorithm for detecting "business" users needs to be reviewed by a professional, or someone's on my account without my knowledge.

Can you guys please reset my account back to a free user and take a look at what part of your algorithm flagged me as a commercial user and actually fix it. Thank you for your time.

Logfiles:
    [The log files have been removed as per the community guidelines.]

• I run a research group at Arizona State University. but use my gmail account [The email has been removed as per the community guidelines.] for my 'free' Teamviewer account.  I use this to remotely access a range of remote computers and my account has been 'flagged as commercial use'.  Who do I contact and what info do I need to provide so that my account is not flagged for commercial use?   Or do I have to use my asu.edu email address to setup the teamview account?

Thanks, Jeff

• DrReed
    DrReed Posts: 1

Any updates? I have a similar issues after all this time - now, and without any advanced notice, i'm shut out of teamviewer. I use my gmail accout, not my .edu, and don't charge for my services or anything like that. I  have multiple commputers (and of course have my mom and dad on the list so I can fix whatever problem they have).......

@jyarger What do we do?

• dsaul
    dsaul Posts: 1

Found the device ID the reset form is looking for:

1. In the Teamviewer app, click on the "Computers and Contacts" tab.

2. In the My Computers pulldown, click on the computer you cannot log into.

3. In the right panel, click on the gear icon next to the computer name.  Then click on Properties.

4. The computer ID will be listed in the dialog box!

• Greg176
    Greg176 Posts: 1

I’ve been using the free edition of TeamViewer for years to manage my mother’s computer. She lives several states away and she’s been living in a nursing home for several years now. Recently I tried to connect to her computer and was disconnected with a message that it appeared I was using TeamViewer in a commercial environment. I use TeamViewer to perform routine maintenance and to solve problems she has from time to time. I don’t receive any money from my mom for doing this. Please allow us to keep using TV so I can continue to provide her with the help she needs. I have written to TeamViewer repeatedly to request that the commercial ban be removed from my account. I have complied with all your requests and you have either refused or completely ignored my communications.

If TeamView continues to ignore my requests I intend to file a complaint with the US Federal Trade Commission for falsely advertising that this product is free for personal use. You state on this very same website your definition of what is “Free for Personal Use”:

Family and friends

In any case, the use of TeamViewer with family and friends without any financial compensation is considered as personal use.

Greg

• I am having the same issue!

• morfizm
    morfizm Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am using teamviewer to occasionally help my friends and family with their computers, and TeamViewer often tells me that it detects commercial use. Sometimes it still let's me through, sometimes it prevents me from connecting. Today I just couldn't connect at all :(

I suspect there's a bug in detection of commercial use, because my use case is clearly non-commercial, but I wonder, is there anything I can do to work-around?

• I install temaviewer company option now its expired, i want to install personal one but cannot

• so, I got the alert that they beleive that I am trying to use teamviewer with my phone, is there a reason why it is only blocked on my phone? I am suprised that they would try to block an iphone.  You can buy a chromebook for a fraciton of the cost to make money that way...  

• Yeah fianllly got an email from them insisting I am still using it commercially and I can print off a form, sign it and send it back to them with still no guarantee. Got news for you teamviewer - you have lost a long time user, have found aan altrenate product which is free and does everything TV does. But as I work in IT support, I will not be recomending your product to absolutley anyone at all in future evergagain. Whether that is for whatever company i work for or to friends anf family.