Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• hi, this is 2nd time it happens. I use it to connect to my home computer from usualy computer at work. private use only. still get warning and disconnect. Even when on vacation and trying to connect to my home computer - disconnecting after 5min. Last time i mailed it took several month for you to change status back to private user. It is nothing vto do with version of program, it is wrong algorith that decide to change private user to comersial user.
    Not happy at all.

• RugaL
    RugaL Posts: 1

I'm having the same problem. How can I solve it? Have I to open a ticket?

Thanks!

• Hi,

Using TeamViewer for personal use only and it has started to end sessions after about 2 mintues then showing the following dialog?

"This was a free session sponsored by www.teamviewer.com
    TeamViewer sessions are free of charge for personal use.

We thank you for playing fair!"

Any ideas why it keep kicking me out?

• I keep getting booted off the system when I try to use my personal account. It says I'm a business account and then just cuts me off.  

• Just got this message for the very first time while trying to help my elderly father figure out why his network printer wasn't working!

There is nothing evident about my use that would cause TeamViwer to FALSELY claim "commercial use" -- I'm running only MacOS and so is my father. I'm not running any "server" software, at least so far as I know because TeamViewer doesn't really disclose specifics about what it considers non-personal use. (I suppose all those students who may be trying to learn IT skills with servers are out of luck using TeamViewer, which seems like incredibly stupid marketing . . .)

I've used TeamViewer exclusively for totally free, uncompensated support of family and elderly friends from my church, so it's disappointing to be falsely accused of violating TeamViwer's Terms. Moreover, the 5-minute limit is really much, much less than 5 minutes -- and has all the appearance of an extortionist effort to make the private, personal user pay to resolve the false accusation. I wonder if this is simply a sign that TeamViewer is going down the same path as **Third Party Product** did 5 years ago?

• Same for me today for the very first time after 5 years of 100% personal use supporting family and elderly friends: no warning when TeamViewer launched, no email advisory to my account email address, only a 30 second session after the popup appeared. The "5-minute" limit.is completely untrue in my experience.

This looks like a software bug, but one for which the customer no-service is truly puzzling. Why on earth would I recommend the commercial version of TeamViewer after being falsely accused of violating their terms and conditions without any supporting details?

• Today (11.19.2019) I received an email that my personal account, (use of Teamviewer) has been reset back to free.  Well, now the error message states that I have three more days for the trail.  I only use it to help my neighbor and maybe four or five other people.  Here is the message I received today.  Trial Version, 3 day (s) remaining (Terry L. Coleman)  - Buy Now

Terry L. Coleman,**Please do not post personal information**

3 Days left.  My use is personal use only, not business or commercial.3 Days left. My use is personal use only, not business or commercial.

• I have now sent in the form 3 times and got the same reply "can't determine…etc.".  It is hard to discern what effort TeamViewer makes to assist free customers or to analyze their true usage.  The explanation suggesting itself of a campaign to push people into buying commercial is becoming more difficult to escape.  Another alternative provider is becoming a realistic option.

• TJMan
    TJMan Posts: 1

I am not a business but your system is treating me like I am.

• tonaz
    tonaz Posts: 14

After being "accepted" as a personal use user, since some days TV re-started to say i am using it as a business user (which i am not as explained in the previous support ticket), and i have to buy license, disconnecting...

What's wrong?

• tonaz

same here. i think i will quit TV

• tonaz

so just say it....

• tonaz

garbage right?

• I´ve been a private user for many, many years. Really enjoyed this service, and also I have got many friends into using Teamviewer. But now I´m really fed up with this Mafia-hunting for commercial users. This is probibly the most annoying hunt I´ve seen. I have been listed 3 times as a "free user", filling in 7 forms and one hand signed form (no answer). Still the commercial windows pops up, ending the session.

To other users, just let it go, there are other similar programs just a google-search away. Found a program in 1 minute, working as good as Teamviewer.

I really hope you loose your users and your reputation after this. Please stop harrasing your users again and again. This is so very frustrating!

Good buy Teamviewer, its been a blast theese 10 years!

• Hi, the problem is that after updating to the new version 15.0.8397, it is no longer possible to connect with relatives or friends' PCs, "Commercial Use Detected", I cannot connect even with another PC of mine in the same network.
    I read in the forums that the problem is the same for many other users who have done the update.
    It is very frustrating. Will anyone intervene to solve the problem quickly?
    thanks bye

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

oh bleep. (there I censored my own comment)

TV on the remote PC must have upgraded itself to version 15 overnight. Now I have to upgrade my side before it will let me connect. Does anyone know if this will bring any new nightmares to us?

• Im really frustrated!

I have an account and to this account there are 3 pc 's and a android tv box connected. 1 pc and the tv box  is mine, 1 pc is for my parents and 1 pc for my mothers cousin. I use it to help them remotely solve problems on their pc because they are no experts. And to reach my tv box to do updates on it.

Now teamviewer says every time I am using it commercially, denies connections for 5 or 10 minutes. That is really bothering. Also it keeps asking for password to connect my parents pc, although I am logged in on that pc with my tw account, and it starts automatically. So why does it asks for the password when i see th pc on list???????? It should join without typing in the password. 
    This program is getting worse and worse... 

• Same thing happend to me today. I have 1 personal computer that I use and access remotely. Now I am getting kicked out after 30 secs and have to wait to try and connect again. Looking at all the others that have the same issue and the bad customer suppoort respsonse, is making me look into other alternatives. I am going to try **Third Party Product** and I am open to other suggestions as well. There is no way I am paying $50 a month to access 1 pc a few times a day at most.

• I've used TeamViewer for 5+ years after a competitor eliminated their free tier. Until recently, TeamViewer was mostly reliable . . . until the software started to falsely -- and without any level of detail for evidence -- accuse me of commercial use. I carefully reviewed the largely ambiguous description of "Commerical Use" (use your favorite search engine to find it) that TeamViewer provides and my use did not match any of the three (3!) examples provided.

From the sheer number of complaints I've read on this forum, it's obvious to me that TeamViewer has either:

1. a severe bug in the v14 or v15 software stack or backend analytics, or
    2. TeamViewer has essentially decided to abandon the free use of their software

Regardless, the sheer volume of recurring issues, the glacial customer service response time, and the fact that the false accusations continue should indicate the obvious:

• TeamViewer really isn't interested in fixing this issue for non-revenue customers

The sad part about this obvious conclusion is that it undermines any incentive to actually pay for the product. [Removed per Community Guidelines] what evidence exists that software quality/reliability and customer support would be any better? I would suggest: NONE.

Here's what I did:

1. deleted all the family and friends' computers from my account
    2. used my favorite search engine to find a list of competing free personal use products that allow me to remotely help my elderly parents and techphobic friends
    3. tried out a few, finally settling on one that I used to uninstall TeamViewer on every remote PC

In summary, TeamViewer was good while it lasted, but the company has lost my confidence. I can't think of one reason for recommending it to anyone for business use based on the utterly opaque and disrespectful level of service shown.

Good riddance, TeamViewer!

• CbMe
    CbMe Posts: 1

Well I guess I fell better in that I'm not alone.   Just logged in as my 92 year-old grandmother emailed me about some issue with her computer and I got the "you are using this commercially" message.   **bleep**??   I have only ever used it to connect to 3 parents, 1 grandparent and one nephew, 5 total PC's, that I maybe use one a month to address an issue. 
    So now I have to find a relative that is closer to her and that has basic computer knowledge to go over and help her out.   Guess it is my fault for not having a backup remote assistance application running just in case this went weird. 

• Hi Brighter45,

Well said!

I agree - look at the volume and consistency of the complaints.

I am now doing the same thing - I have found and am testing a replacement.  TeamViewer was a good product, but it is eliminating itself from the field.

• jbarnett12
    jbarnett12 Posts: 28 ✭✭

I have had exactly the same problem. Coupled with the issue around commercial and private use which is on going for me I have given up and moved to another free prouduct where I am not having these challenges. I am tired of battling some of the issues I have recently seen with Teamviewer and finally had to surrender

• Hello,

I have been using Team Viewer for personal use for years, and loved every bit of it.

but now, it is saying commercial use detected and won't let me log into my laptop at home.

I have had this issue before last year, and it was solved. and now it is happening again.

please can someone help.

• It is getting really annoying,,,

I love team viewer. but I can't take the connection issues.

within the 1 minute intervals, every 10 minuts that you can connect, I ended up installing **third party product**.

It is not as slick as team viewer, but it works. and is free. 

if they fix my account, I will go back to team viewer, but at the moment, it is unusable.

• I have the same issue.  I'm not using it commercially.  How do I get them to fix my account?

• I heard the fiscal numbers within TeamViewer are not doing so well. This is the result of the crazy action. I have used teamviewer for almost 9 years on my personal devices and today I got the same message. What a joke, $749 for a business use when I use it on 3 devices (my desktop, my laptop and my finance laptop.) Teamviewer did go public in biggest German tech IPO since dot-com boom on Sep. 25, 2019. Stock's are wavy for them. 

*uninstalls TeamViewer and installs a better 3rd party app

• @EyesOnThaPrize 

The reason they're having financial issues is because of their bizarre pricing. There's nothing between free and $600/yr.

If they had a limited use free version (so many minutes use per month, or even per session), and a personal use version for around $50/yr, I imagine that a good portion of their current free user base would upgrade.

I switched to another remote utilities for Windows application, and while I'm well within their license terms for free usage, I'm strongly considering buying their license [removed as per Community Guidelines] because I actually really like the application. It seems better, faster, and more reliable than TeamViewer.

[Removed as per Community Guidelines] I can't justify those kind of $$$, particularly when support is so awful.

I understand that free users are a drain on their resources. A free user certainly isn't free to TeamViewer. But they should be trying to turn them into paying customers, not forcing them to look elsewhere.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
  • Greetings.

Today, I tried to connect to my PERSONAL computers AT HOME from my work computers, from my PERSONAL laptop via mobile hotspot AND from the app on my phone. I was DENIED several times and received an error message telling me that COMMERCIAL USE WAS DETECTED. And, I couldnt switch back and forth between devices. These folks want me to BUY A LICENSE to connect to devices ON MY ACCOUNT! Oh well...

I've been using Teamviewer for YEARS. Im going to a different provider now.

SEEYA! Wouldnt wanna be ya!

Oh yeah. I did call customer service and the level or "Customer Service" was appalling!Yeah...

• I am strictly using TeamViewer privately to help my partner & friends with whatever PC-problems they have and to connect to my own home-PC to start queueing for WoW Classic.

Yet this problem has appeared just recently and it's preventing me from using this application.

35 dollars a month is a bit hefty considering my usage pattern...

Help?

• same problem with me, i tried to call customer service but they refered me to this site.. so frustrated