Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• aprinsen
    aprinsen Posts: 1

Hi TeamViewer, any solution to this yet? I am having the same issue with the connection between my grandmother's iPad and my Mac. As soon as she navigates away from the TeamViewer app (i.e. to do anything on her iPad) we see the notificaiton that screen broadcast will stop after one minute. Then after that minute is over, my view of her screen freezes. Especially in times like these when I can't just stop by her place to troubleshoot the issue in person, it would be really nice to have this issue fixed. Thank you!

• mY FREE VERSION WONT CONVERT TO REMOTE VERSION

• I haven;t been able to try it yet but I am told that this might work if the person at the end needing help starts the session from Quicksupport. Have you tried that?

• Phil7
    Phil7 Posts: 8

Unlike some other TeamViewer software with QS version the helper can only see the iPad screen not actually action anything on it.  It is the iPad user that presses QS but it then crashes after 1 minute. 

• richardbramwell
    richardbramwell Posts: 7 ✭✭

Pardon?

• richardbramwell

@sehrish_h wrote:

Hi All,

I selected commercial use when signing up to team viewer for personal use not realising I had done this. The trial period has now expired and I am being asked to purchase teamviewer when I do not use it for commercial use. Can anybody help me change this to personal use?

Thank you.

Pardon?
    Pardon=http://cdn01.teamviewer.com/teamviewer/pdf/TeamViewerDeclarationOfPrivateUse.pdf?utm_source=TV-newsletter-en&mailid=18192339&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=news2018-Q3-StayBlocked-cohorte7-NC&utm_content=Intro%2B1%2BText&pid=news.2018-Q3-StayBlocked-cohorte7-NC-en&lid=

• richardbramwell

@sehrish_h wrote:

Hi All,

I selected commercial use when signing up to team viewer for personal use not realising I had done this. The trial period has now expired and I am being asked to purchase teamviewer when I do not use it for commercial use. Can anybody help me change this to personal use?

Thank you.

Otherwise zoom dot com

• I'm having the same thing - the weird part of it is that it's extremely erratic.  Sometimes we lose the connection even before the minute is up; other times we get almost an hour's screen mirroring.  There's no rhyme or reason to it that I can make out.

• Phil7

Interesting that sometimes you get an hour with it working. 

I have had it work when I have been testing between my Imac and Ipad (locally) but when I actually try to use it with my brothers Ipad (remotely) it fails as soon as the minute is up.

Very frustrating but as I am only only using the free version to help my brother I cant make a major issue but would it behave differently if I had a paid version?

• Well I'm using the free version.

It may be my imagination, but it always seems to be bad at first, and then the more I persevere, the lengthier the sessions get.  I don't think normally we really get anything at all on the first two goes.  I can't think of any reason why that should be.

• Are you initiating the session from the user with QuickSupport or the user offering the tech support using TeamViewer?

• Personally I'm initiating it from a PC.  Why - is it possible to initiate it from Quick Support?  That hadn't even occurred to me.

• Phil7

User offering support to family member. 

• Phil7

To TeamViewer staff -You seem to suggest that when the TeamViewer session finishes after a minute that the screen sharing will continue. This is not the case.
    The TeamViewer session finishes and the screen sharing hangs then disconnects. 
    It would appear from other comments that sometimes it works but unless I am sure it is going to work I don't want the iPad user to expect some help and support and only gets more frustrated. 

• Sarokia
    Sarokia Posts: 1

Goodmorning!

I can't have the "free version" after the trial version. How can I do? I've already submit the format without a result. Thanks

• kwilleke
    kwilleke Posts: 27

Ich weiß (noch) nicht, wie es bei Euch ist, aber bei mir ist das Problem mit der "kommerziellen Nutzung" inzwischen vorbei. Meine Vermutung ist, daß es mit den neuen "EULA" zu tun hat, aber das ist eben  nur eine Vermutung. Darum wüsste ich gern von einigen Teamviewer- Anwendern, die sich mit demselben Problem konfrontiert sahen, ob sie inzwischen auch wieder ganz normal mit der "privat"-Vesion ihren Freunden etc. helfen können.

Daneben noch eine Bemerkumg zu der Vermutung : "Schätze das sich der TeamViewer irgendwo in die Registry von Windows reinschreibt" .: Das glaube ich so nicht. Ich vermute auch eher, daß sich in der Tat auf dem Server von "Teamviewerr" ein Eintrag mit der individuellen MAC-Adresse des Computers befindet. Ansonsten könnte man die Vermutung einerr "kommerziellen Nuzung" durch die Änderung des Betriebssystems umgehen (zumindest bei einer kompletten Neuinstallation , evt noch verbunden mit  einem Upgrade von Win 7 nach Win 10 oder 32Bit nach 64Bit ...) . Und das scheint nicht zu funktionieren.

• xmerced
    xmerced Posts: 1

Hello, I submitted the form requesting for a reset for personal use,since I only use for personal. Don't know why the Trial Period.  Received email back this was reset. But upon login in with my account info, it keeps saying Trial Period Expired. It does not let me connect remote to my other computer.  I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application with restarting my laptop. None of this works. 

Please, I need to solve this.

Annotation 2020-05-07 141416.jpg

Thank you.

• jackdan93
    jackdan93 Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm facing some issues with the "commercial use detcted" error.

During past 3 weeks, I asked 2 time for a reset of my Main PC Teamviewer ID status (that has been accepted both times), but literally nothing has changed.

Here's a summary of what's happening:

• Main PC connects to:
      • Secondary PC: DENIED ("Trial ended on Main PC")
      • Office PC: ACCEPTED
    • Secondary PC connects to:
      • Main PC: DENIED ("Trial ended on Main PC")
    • Android smartphone connects to:
      • Main PC: DENIED ("Blocked because suspected commercial use")
      • Secondary PC: ACCEPTED

On my office PC I'm using a commercial account provided by the company I work for (that I use from home also when I need to connect to the office) and, on all other devices, I'm using my personal free account.

I need your help because I don't know what else to do.
    Thank you in advance.

Regards
    Daniele

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @jackdan93 

Depending on the message you get (trial expired OR Commercial use suspected) please fill out the correct form.

Trial expired

Commercial use suspected

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• jackdan93
    jackdan93 Posts: 2

Hi @Esther,

thank you very much for the fast reply!

I submitted the trial reset request (I didn't know about this page) and I'll wait hoping my problem to be solved.

Best regards
    Daniele

• Oifig
    Oifig Posts: 1

Hi I had asked for my account to be reset and set to the free version as I made the mistake of clicking on business use. I received an email to say this had been reset and still when I log in the screen shows as trial version expired. What do I do to get this back to free? 

• tw_mama
    tw_mama Posts: 6 ✭✭

I used the free TeamViewer for years to remotely assist my mother with her Windows computer and Android tablet. Since the last update (15.6.7) I get the following message when I connect: "Your current TeamViewer plan does not include connections to customized TeamViewer modules. Your session will therefore be terminated after a short time. Please upgrade to a higher plan to use this functionality." It will connect me to the computer, but it times out and stops about 5 minutes later. How do I correct this? 

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling TeamViewer as one person suggested but that did not fix the problem. Despite what TeamViewer says, it seems like they're trying to force me into purchasing a $49/month business license to support a single family member..

• Analogpanther
    Analogpanther Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have been a free, personal, user of teamviewer for quite some time.  Recently, due to current global conditions, I had to work from home for a stretch of time.  My company also uses Teamviewer for our support to our staff.  I had to use my personal machine as part of the hardware to do this support, with my work Teamviewer account.  Since now returning to my office, and returning my personal machine to my personal teamviewer account, when I try to connect to it, I get the attached.  I was doing my best to keep my personal and work accounts separated, but yes, I had to use some of the same hardware.  What can be done to get my personal account working again?

teamviewer capture.JPG

• kwilleke
    kwilleke Posts: 27

Analogpanther  I had a similar problem many years ago when Teamviewer was just starting out. At that time a phone call was enough and until a few months ago I could use Teamviewer privately without any problems - on the same, now obsolete - hardware. It will certainly not be that easy anymore.
    Today I would first try to reach something via the "Management Console". (Menu : Connection - Open User Managament). There all computers and accounts should be listed. and you should be able to delete all company computers and accounts.

If this does not work, there is at least access to support, maybe at the expense of the company, but quickly

• or1997001
    or1997001 Posts: 1

Hey 

After I got email from the support says that they reset my account back to free, im still getting the line: 'trial version "expired" ' 

i tried to reinstall the softwere again and making sure that i choose "personal/non- commercial use " option - i still have the issue

now when I'm trying to fiil the form to reset again  - i get red line "Please enter your device id as it appears in your TeamViewer client."
    even though I put the right id

i dont know what else to do
    its been 2 month since my issues starts

please help
    Or 

• emirix72
    emirix72 Posts: 1

Good evening, by mistake I created a Commeral account. Now I need to use teamViewer and he tells me that the trial period is over. how do I change my account in private/non-commercial?

• RCHALL
    RCHALL Posts: 2 ✭✭

I get the below message when I try to connect to my new laptop from my office pc which is downstairs in the family room next to my old laptop which I can connect to successfully with no message, why now with just the new laptap?

TeamViewer plan upgrade required

Your current TeamViewer plan does not include connections to customized TeamViewer modules.  Your session will therefore be terminated after a short time.  Please upgrade to a higher plan to use this functionality.

How can this be corrected to work?

• tw_mama
    tw_mama Posts: 6 ✭✭

As a workaround I uninstalled version 15.4.7, restarted my computer, and installed a previous version I downloaded previous 14.x.x version (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/?_ga=2.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**-**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**).. Problem solved.

Recently, I ended up with the next 15.x.x update and the problem seems to have been fixed.

• sudburyKC
    sudburyKC Posts: 2 ✭✭

This issue is also found trying to support iPad Mini 4  with software version 13.5.1

very disappointed.  I wonder if it is any use on any iPad?

• Hi

I installed for a mistake a version with a trial period but I wanted to install the free not commercial version.

I tried to disnstall and to istall the free version but I continue to see the trial version that now is expired. How can I do to install the free version for not commercial use?

Thank you