Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• JaroslavH
    JaroslavH Posts: 1

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE A DEBRENT PROGRAM THAT, WHAT EVALUES THE LICENSE, BUT IT'S NICE TO **bleep** ..
    I USE TEAM VIEWER EXCLUSIVELY FOR PRIVATE PURPOSES.
    THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE-ANSWER

• In the form that we submit, what is Affected TeamViewer ID? Is it my ID or partner ID?

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification

• VK3XEM
    VK3XEM Posts: 1

My Friend and I help out AMATEUR RADIO people with Teamviewer regularly and recently he was BLOCKED by Teamviewer.   AMATEUR RADIO is a hobby where we make absolutely no money, so why was he blocked for helping too many people out?

How can this be resolved as it gives us a bad feeling using Teamviewer and who will be next to be banned for freely helping others in our hobby?

• Bonzadog
    Bonzadog Posts: 28 ✭✭

It would be wise to put all your ID /Self and Contacts) and send it to TV. This is a real Pain In The **bleep**...still TV is persuing this policy. Look for an altzernative is the best advice I can offer-

• Str1ckeN
    Str1ckeN Posts: 1

Hey, when I connected my computer to a laptop, the system considered that I was using the Teamviwer for commercial purposes. What's wrong? I worked with him for over a year without errors.

• sybaritic
    sybaritic Posts: 1

I have also the same problem. I got reply from Teamviewer saying: "Your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free TV: (number digit)". But still getting commercial use alert and can not connect for more than 1 minute, it seems.

• ssddaa
    ssddaa Posts: 1

I have similar problem. Every time I try to log in to a computer, it tells me to try login after one minute. I do that and keeps doing so. I am not using the account comercially. The problem accoured when I went outside of USA for vacantion. Is that the problem?

• Tracyvoon
    Tracyvoon Posts: 1

Hi, I faced same problem too. As I never upgrade to business account. I'm using free account, is it had any limitations

D421F72B-9312-4729-9F7E-0D577E59796E.png

• I have 2 diffrent computers running teamviewer privatly. they both been working fine for a long time. but yesterday one of them shuts down after like 1 minute, and when I try to login again it says its been too many lgin and it’s locked down for another minute, when I try again after a minute it extends it to another minute. what could cause this?

• ilayali
    ilayali Posts: 1

I have never- and don't use TeamViewer for commercial purposes, but got blocked today.

This is extemely frustrating.

• just2
    just2 Posts: 1

Hello!
    I get the message that I am trying to use teamviewer for commercial purpose, but I don`t, why is this happening?

• FLORIAN7
    FLORIAN7 Posts: 1

HI,

Teamviewer doesnt work anymore as its suppose that I used it for professional reasons but not.

I try to assist my old mother (75) and I cant....
    Her account is : **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

Mine : **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

Can you help me please

Thanks
    Florian

• Plantje
    Plantje Posts: 14 ✭✭

This is getting more and more annoying! I am really using this software for personal use. Now it is really annoying as I am using it on an old very slow system with a touch screen that is not working properly anymore. Only thing I want to do is to move the Domoticz and deCONZ software running on it to a faster computer.

However, the faster computer doesn't have a screen at all. So, I am in doubt if I am wise installing Teamviewer in the first place.

How long does it take for the team to respond to a request not to be flagged as commercial user?

• I only use TeamViewer for personal use and today I'm already getting the popup about commercial use.

Could please the support team help me?

Cheers

Lots of people with the same problem lately, guess they're getting more and more greedy by the day.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• adromath
    adromath Posts: 2

I am using teamviewer private around 4 years to help mother with phone or PC, today i become message with "commercial use". Unblock my account please.

• borany
    borany Posts: 1

Hola, hace unos 2 o 3 años me paso lo mismo que hoy.

Cuando me conecto a otra computadora, me dice que se detecto el uso comercial, o algo asi. Pero yo solo he ayudado a familia y amigos y yo nunca cobre por ayudarles. En mi red, yo tengo los telefonos moviles y computadoras de mi familia. No se porque me dice eso y lo peor es que no puedo hacer nada, nada mas entrar, al poco tiempo me echa de la conexion remota y me dice que hasta pasado unos minutos no puedo continuar con la conexion.

Que puedo hacer?

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@Plantje If all your computers are on the same LAN, you really don't need Teamviewer. Aside from the problem you are facing, the real benefit of Teamviewer is its server that registers all computers that are connected and enables you to connect to your remote computers. You can search for any software that uses the Virtual Network Computing or VNC. This will be faster as it doesn't need to go through the Teamviewer server and will work even if your internet connection is down.

• Lock_
    Lock_ Posts: 1

I received a notification about the commercial use of the program.
    It's not true. Yes, I have a lot of computers, but these are the computers of my mother, children, my wife, mine has 2 systems, a telephone and a son's tablet.
    How to unlock the possibility of remote assistance, because I have problems with movement and sometimes I have to help someone from the family at the computer?

Do I have to buy a license just because the algorithm decided so?

• I have the same problem since today and i have also a similiar usage of TV a you mentioned.

It would be nice, if someone from TV would reset our Accounts back to "free-usage".

best regards.

• Rassle
    Rassle Posts: 1

Hello,

ive got the same issue since today.

me and my friend are viewing things on normal daytime together via teamviewer.

now it says we are commercial users, which is absolutly not true.

please change our accounts back to private!

thanks,

ben

• reivaj117
    reivaj117 Posts: 1

Me ha pasado exactamente lo mismo , cuando soy yo mismo el que entra a mis computadoras desde otra o desde un movil

• lmcal6
    lmcal6 Posts: 3

Something happened today because I am on the same boat. Fix it!

• Mismo problema, como vosotros yo solo es para uso particular con mis equipos

• Plantje

Something weird is going on there... They fixed my case, but I got a nice E-mail in German :)

• Plantje

@bazbsg wrote:

@Plantje If all your computers are on the same LAN, you really don't need Teamviewer. Aside from the problem you are facing, the real benefit of Teamviewer is its server that registers all computers that are connected and enables you to connect to your remote computers. You can search for any software that uses the Virtual Network Computing or VNC. This will be faster as it doesn't need to go through the Teamviewer server and will work even if your internet connection is down.

Ahum.... you are so right! Why didn't I think of this before?!? Thanks for the eye opener!

I am able to control via TeamViewer again, but quickly setup RDP (which is a lot easier in Windows 10 than what it used to be). So I am not dependend of TeamViewer anymore

• Gosia123
    Gosia123 Posts: 1

Recently the application of TeamViewer has detected the comercial use of app on my computer though I am using it for student work. Since then I can not to conncet with my remote computer.

• ricardocr
    ricardocr Posts: 1

Hello,

I am getting the popup of "commercial-use detected" although I am a free-user (postdoctoral student trying to connect to my lab PC abroad).

I have followed the post and links to fix this issue for non-commercial users, but it did not worked. Once I allow the system to manage my account the following message is shown in the window: SQLSTATE [HY000] [2002] No route to host  There has been a critical error on your website.

Could you please assist me in reseting my ID and fixing this issue?

Thanks, Ricardo