teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Hello;

I am a long-time user (free and paid) and am familiar with the commercial-use-suspected thing.  But I just got hit by something new.  

I tried to connect to a machine (not commercial, and previous to this always accessible) and got a new message "because of very high usage" i was totally blocked from the machine.

"very high usage" is unlikely because this machine is just an extra box that sits in my garage and does periodic backups from the rest of my families laptops, etc.  BUT, I went ahead and did the "commercial use" dance, listing all 8 of my families TV ID's, Printing, Signing, Scanning, Etc -- including the backup machine in question in the list of computers.  I was pleasantly surprised when my ID was "reset" super quickly, like within a day or two.

However, when I went to actually connect to the machine again, I got the same thing. I looked at my teamviewer logs, they just say "blocked". 

Following the instructions on the TV website, I tried to submit another form using JUST that machine's ID.  However when I log into the form creator part of the website, it then says "Your request has already been submitted and is pending further review. Thank you for your patience as we process your request."

But the email you sent said the review was over?  So Now I can't do ANYTHING to fix this? 

Please can I get some help here?         

• So I thought I posted about this a week ago but apparently didn't.. My account the past month has been saying im not using it for personal use.

I only connect to one friend to help him fix things with his computer and other than him I dont remember the last time I connected to anyone else. I read online my account needs to be reset and I need someone to do it for me. Could this be looked into please?

Thank you

• jbarnett455
    jbarnett455 Posts: 1

following

because i have had the same issue when connecting to 1 of my machines however i can connect to all others on the same network just fine

• I submitted a reset for reset about a week ago and I forgot to add the second ID involved in the connection, I don't see any way to add the second ID and the Reset Management page isn't allowing me to submit a second request. Is there anyway to "clear" or update this request for reset?

• I tried to fill out the form, which I was able to complete, though when trying to upload it, the website didn't provide any feedback that it did complete.   Further attempts to try and complete the process ended up with a 502 or 504 error on the website. 

So, it's unclear of this will be fixed or not.  In the meantime, I'll go find use of another product less likely to ignore its users and make judgements without any easy way to resolve the issues. 

• I had a wrongful commercial use flag. I submitted the correct form at teamviewer.com/reset and even got an email saying that the free version should be reestablished on my account. However I believe the ID to my other computer I'm remotely connecting to is still flagged as commercial use. When I try to log in to teamviewer.com/reset and submit another form for that computer's ID, I only get the message "Your request has already been submitted and is pending further review. Thank you for your patience as we process your request."

So even though I got an email saying I was all in the clear with the first ID, its still "pending" so I can't submit a form for the second ID.

• Same situation, I already submit 2,3,4,5x their request.

sent emails,  and either gives error or I have no clue. really annoying that no one respond anything

• I fill out form, teamviewer said they had reset to private use still does not connect and will not let me submit new form as it says still in progress. A fix would be great,

• When i try to submit the form it tells me that only PDF files are allowed... uh huh... and im uploading a pdf. jfc

• I have the same problem. What PDF file? The one I clicked on to save that apparently did not?

I entered all the logon information 5 times, went through the whole processes explaining how and why I was not using TV commercially. It hangs there every time no matter what I click or what key I press. The screen shows a process bar that never moves off of 1. It also  makes the statement that the process can be completed later. How??

It appears that the website may have a problem.

BTW, I could never find anyplace that would actually let me connect to a person.

• Same problem here. There are many new programs including open source. Perhaps it is time to move? Help teamviewer! 

• I recently contacted support to unlock/set my account back to "Free" and I got an email back saying they had done so and I shouldn't have any more issues. But it didn't change anything. I am still getting timed out after 1 minute. I've verified I am using this strictly for personal use and it's still flagging me otherwise. And now that I'm looking for how to contact them again, I can no longer find out how. 

• I have a personal account. I only use it to do support for my mother's and sister's laptops. Can anyone help me?

• I used TV to keep tabs on my home PC while I was away from it. I use my home PC to play games, pay bills, watch videos, and not much else. I also occasionally used TV for troubleshooting family PCs. You would hard-pressed to find anything resembling commercial activity on any of these PCs, let alone anything I do while using TV to connect to them.

In order to request that the flag be removed, I first had to figure out where to start. The helpful "Contact Us" did not take me somewhere that actually let me talk to anyone. Finally I found this. So now I know I have to provide my full name and physical address, then I have to kill a tree, scribble on it, and put it through a machine I do not own. All for the mere chance that the commercial use flag is removed.

...and I do not even know for sure which device(s) the flag is set on!

This is a hard pass for me. I will be uninstalling TV and never looking back.

• Tried the steps and still no joy.  multiple browsers no response to clicking the Generate PDF button.

• It's crazy. I've been using the software for a year to help my father, who has had a stroke, and mother who is computer illiterate. Residence to residence, couldn't be further from commercial use. They live in a separate city, and I set this up just as the coronavirus was coming on the scene back in February, in faith of the good reputation of the TV brand.

I've submitted a form, but having the access shut off without warning with this opaque review process is disconcerting, and highly diminishes what was my high opinion of the brand previously. They aren't the first company to use a fremium model, but they are the first that I've heard to lock customers out of the free version under arbitraty pretenses. It's really a form of bait & switch, followed by extorsion.

Shame on you, TeamViewer.

• Hey everyone. My TV access was restored. I just logged on and checked. My advice is to be patient. They are probably working through a backlog of false claims they've made. I just wanted to stop by and say that there is hope.

• My teamviewer has been constantly stating I have been block for high usage. I even have not used team viewer for several days and still get the error. teamviewer.png

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 100 ✭✭

@jjarvis728 This seems to be a new problem with Teamviewer. Before everyone was accused of being commercial. Now they are also starting to accuse people of "very high activity level".

To the moderators, could you please address this issue here? I read every word of Esther's recent (June 2020 at page 1of this thread) post that explains commercial and private use and gives numerous examples. Nothing in there mentions high activity levels or says that any amount of activity is not allowed or is considered commercial use or requires a license. Yet this new error message vry clearly instructs the user to buy a license. Is this a new rule? If so could you explain the restriction? Thanks...

• After 10+ years of using TeamViewer for personal use, v15.11.6 has decided I'm no longer personal ...

• After 10+ years of using TeamViewer for personal use, v15.11.6 has decided I'm no longer personal ...

• I am a FREE user, so of course no formal support is expected. But I still have to deal with the occasional "commercial use expected" situations. And that involves submitting a signed affidavit swearing to personal-use only in order to get those IDs unblocked. No problem adhering to that protocol.

A few weeks back the "commercial use expected" situation occurred again, on two of my team PCs (remote machines, at friends and family). I went to the Reset Management page and was very pleased to discover that Team Viewer has now nicely automated the online-creation of the affidavit in PDF form, populating the fields right there with my input. Then print out the PDF, sign it, scan it back to PDF, and drop the new PDF onto the Reset management dialog, and SUBMIT.

Presto. Excellent. Submitted automatically, with a message advising resolution likely within 2 days. You can imagine my surprise when just over a day later I received an email advising that the two IDs had been reset. And sure enough... THEY WERE RESET!

Amazing improvment from yesteryear. And I was very pleased, and my two team members ID machines were once again working normally. Terrifc. Case closed.

Unfortunately, just yesterday three of my very own machines, in my own home on my home LAN, have suddenly also been "suspected of commercial use". This is, of course, another incorrect detection that must be reset. Making the story more strange is that I have a total of five machines in my home running Team Viewer, and two of them still are running perfectly and are not blocked. But these other three, they are for some reason blocked. All five are on the same home LAN and present the same external IP address, so why three of them got picked to be suspect and blocked but two of them are running pefectly normally, I don't know.

Ok. I went right back to the very same Reset Management page in order to submit a second ticket using the newly automated PDF-generating dialog. I pushed the very same "connect to Team Viewer" button I'd used before just a few weeks ago to successfully generate that first ticket PDF. And the login preliminaries happened, and I logged in.

However instead of seeing the expected next page of the automated PDF dialog, I was presented with a message advising that"my request has already been submitted, and I shold be patient as it gets processed":

TeamViewer-new-reset-request-prevented.jpg

But in fact my previous request (which is presumably what this message is alluding to) has already been signed, sealed, delivered as resolved, and closed. I now want to submit a NEW ticket.

I have tried this repeatedly over the past two days, and I continue to get the same message returned. It still refuses to begin the automated PDF diaglog as happened properly two weeks ago when I did this for the first time.

Looks like the database of "outstanding reset tickets" that is queried by this dialog is not being updated properly when tickets are actually closed. In fact I did submit a prior ticket, but it's now been closed. Yes, I suppose I can accept "only one ticket at a time, please", but what if I have to submit a second ticket for additional IDs that have gotten blocked, as is the current case?

Looks like the Reset Management web page is broken, since it's not allowing me to submit a new second ticket, having already submitted one ticket some time in the past. This is not from a cookie issue, as I've tried to submit the second ticket using different browsers and different machines. It's obviously tied to the Team Viewer reset ticket database being queried, and my login account, independent of my browser or PC used to try and submit the ticket.

I have now tried for two days to get this second ticket created for my own three blocked PC's (on my home LAN with two other PC's that are not blocked), but unsuccessfully. I am desperate here, because I must have these three PC's unblocked. However there's no other way to submit an unblock request affidavit other than through this Reset Management page portal which appears to be broken after being used once to submit a ticket on my account.

Please help??

• I've been using the Teamviewer app on my personal iPhone and my personal home PC for years without any issues. Today, 11/11/2020, all of a sudden I'm getting a popup message telling me...

"Unable to connect. A connection could not be established. Connection blocked. You reached the maximum session duration to this Teamviewer ID. Please try again later. Connections to this Teamviewer ID will be blocked until {insert time 1 minute later than whatever time the popup occurs}."

Below that message, there's a "More info" button. When I click on that, a message pops up saying...

"Thank you for your purchase. Your account is being upgraded to the Business plan."

I haven't purchased anything, nor do I have plans to. I don't know anything about upgrading to a business plan. Again, my usage is completely personal between two personal devices.

What the heck happened!?!?

•  

good afternoon. blocked the account on suspicion of commercial use. I am using the program for private purposes. I am waiting for the removal of suspicions. All the best.

• I am the only person using my remote desktop software. It keeps getting flagged as a "Commercial Use" I only use it a few days a week but lately it has been kicking me out after 1 minute and it is getting very frustrating.

Can you please flag my account as NOT Commercial?

Thank you very much

• MaskedKas0
    MaskedKas0 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I been Locked out of mine saying I need to upgrade to commercial even though, I only use teamviewer to remote access my friends computer to play a game. That is personal use, I been with team viewer for a while now, and no problems and then all of a sudden problems... I am not going to pay 50 dollars a month when I am making no profit, nor using team viewer for commercial use.

• It seems evident, something in their review/audit process does not function very well and leads to many false positives that we, the end users, have to put up with.

• waco_john
    waco_john Posts: 6 ✭✭

First thing i wold do is watch my credit card statements and dispute any charge.  Personally, I think TV's system is majorly F'd up.  Massively.  All kinds of weird things are being reported.

• waco_john
    waco_john Posts: 6 ✭✭

First thing i wold do is watch my credit card statements and dispute any charge. Personally, I think TV's system is majorly F'd up. Massively. All kinds of weird things are being reported.

• They never had my banking info. in the first place. This doesn't make sense at all.