Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• littlegw23
    littlegw23 Posts: 0

I used my personal computer via a corporate TV account but I know longer provide support with that company anymore. I think my TV session still thinks i am a commercial user. I just want to be able to manage my home computer with my remote laptop. I now work out of town. Non commercial use. What do i need to do to make this happen? Is there a regedit that needs tweaking.

• allenm28
    allenm28 Posts: 1

How do I get the Declaration of personal Use document and where do I submit it?

• block after connecting remotely why

• mstanzak
    mstanzak Posts: 0

• GDeuel49
    GDeuel49 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same problem here. For several years I have helped support 3 senior citizen friends with their Windows PCs. Like many others have reported, my session times out in 1 minute or less.

• ahswp
    ahswp Posts: 4 ✭✭

My teamviewer times out after 1 minute and then does not let me log back in for another minute. When I try to log back in, it tells me I have to wait another minute. I can't get back in.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Any suggestions?

• I have a free license and use it to occasionally help an older friend with her computer issues. I also use TV to connect to my home desktop when out of the house so can check emails and such.

I had not used TV for a while and recently had to log onto my friends computer to help her with an problem. Got logged in OK, but after only about a minute, connection terminated and when tried to log back on received following dialog:

"Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnections are blocked. Please try later..."

I was only in session for less than a minute... So, waited for timeout and tried again, only to have the same thing happen. I do not understand what is happening. TV was working fine the last time I used it (several months ago). FYI: I do have an account and was logged in to it.

Help!

• Greetings,

I am pretty much the only technical person in the family, and use my TeamViewer account to tech support everyone (including many of my friends). I think that this has been detected as commercial use (as I have more than 3 contacts), even though I am not at all a commercial user.

So now, any connection attempt terminates in one minute with a message saying that I should try again in [one minute. When I retry after a minute (usually after more than just one minute), I get the same message and am unable to log into the remote computer.

I'd appreciate some help with this since I am unable to provide tech support for my family and friends

Thank you

• RHaggard
    RHaggard Posts: 0

I sporadically use the free version of TeamViewer. Lately, any attempt to use it results in a short connection followed by a disconnect and a message box saying "Unable to connect" "Connection blocked after timeout. You license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license."

Is this normal? If not, any idea why connections are being blocked?

• Hi I use the latest TeamViewer version on Mac big sur, facing difficulties for three days with my sessions ending abruptly (for multiple partners) with the message Your session timed out, maximum time with partner. Thanks in advance

• ahswp

My teamviewer on my PC keeps timing out after 1 minute and then won't let me log back in. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and it does not fix the problem. Any suggestions?

• I have the same issue. I think maybe I have been flagged for commercial use, so I started the process to ensure I am unblocked if that is the case. If you find out what the issue is, let me know!

• ahswp

I dont think this is right. My account was flagged and I had it removed. I even tried setting up a second account and the same thing happens the first time i used it.

• EMCD14
    EMCD14 Posts: 1
    edited February 2021

I use the free version on a MacAir running BigSur. I use the program to control my 86 year old mother's computer when she has problems. I have never had any issues until recently. Yesterday, 2-14-21 I tried to connect and was notified that the program thought I was a commercial user. I used the FAQ for the problem and reset my password, etc. I was able to connect to her Windows machine but only for about a minute, and then it would lock me out.

I tried again today with the same results. Connected, then booted, then blocked.

Please help.

Thank you,

Eric

[The personal info has been removed as per the community guidelines.]

• ahswp

My teamviewer on my PC keeps timing out after 1 minute and then won't let me log back in. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and it does not fix the problem. Any suggestions?

• look back at this thread, this has been going on for months and months. Reeks of the whole Photobucket fiasco.

• Good Afternoon,

Seemingly randomly, I'm getting some new errors from Teamviewer on my PC that I've not had before.

"Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limited the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until 12:18"

This has just started happening on my personal laptop, trying to connect back to my home desktop (well a VM in the desktop). I've uninstalled and re-installed teamviewer on the laptop to no avail. I am currently connected on a friend's wifi (residential). I can connect back to the vm at home without issue through my phone....

Ideas?

• Arnor
    Arnor Posts: 0

I'm getting this message when I connect to a remote computer (well, it's sitting next to my desk, just testing)

It then times out after about 60 seconds with:

I use TeamViewer once in a while when my other remote software doesn't work for some reason. TV is too expensive for me to purchase so I have used the free version for years.

I don't know if I should try to uninstall it on this computer or if this is now the norm for Teamviewer - free is only 60 seconds...

• Rayvn72
    Rayvn72 Posts: 1

I have two personal computers that I used to connect to with my work business account. They no longer use Teamviewer so I created a free account to access my personal computer. But now since it was a connected to by a business account it won't allow me to connect with my personal account. It is requiring a license/ invoice be paid before accessing. How do i disassociate a personal non domain computer so that i can access it with my free account? More information available if needed. Thanks in advance.

• Loko
    Loko Posts: 0

I'm also using the free version, but TV thinks I'm using it for commercial use. I literally only use it 3 or 4 times per year to help my mom. How can a free user contact tech support?

• Loko
    Loko Posts: 0

Try emailing [email protected]. Perhaps that will get you somewhere. You could also try their LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/teamviewer

• Bob_69
    Bob_69 Posts: 0

Why do my remote support sessions time out after only a few seconds?

• Reindeerdad
    Reindeerdad Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

I was having the same issue, yesterday, Feb 16, but I just tried it today and the time-outs are no longer happening. Thanks to whomever in TeamViewer fixed the issue :)

• IVANJP
    IVANJP Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi Mods,

Please i need my account reset, whenever i connect to my Free Teamviewer it bounce out thinking it is commercial use. For one I am not using it for commercial use.

Need assistance on this issue, thank you very much.

Have a nice day. ✌️

• gadin
    gadin Posts: 0

HI

Please i need my account reset

I am not using it for commercial use.

only my pc connect

thank you very much.

• Good day ! I need your help urgently. Kindly help me to unblock for my account since i'M use it for personal use.

• IVANJP

Teamviewer version 15.14.5 (32-bit) by the way.

• QJTse
    QJTse Posts: 0

To whom may concern,

I am writing to update my situation in using the TeamViewer to remotely connect my computer. Recently, I have come across a problem that I was restricted to remote control my computer for less than a minute. It really puts me into trouble when I use the TeamViewer for personal use. I have been using the TeamViewer for a long time and feel gratitude for the convenience provided by the TeamViewer. However, I feel very disappointed and terrible about the limited connection. I hope can find a solution to fix this problem.

Looking forward to a reply.

Thank you!

• Hi I was using teamviewer in order to use my windows computer as a keyboard for my mac for some time. But after today my connection is always blocked ? Can anyone help me ?

• IVANJP

Hi, not sure why my previous post was removed. But i am here again posting about the same problem until something gets done or any reply from the Dev/Mod team is appreciated.

For now whole day i cannot use Teamviewer with ease, as long as i am connected and within 5 seconds or so, it disconnects me with the message "Session timed out and will be closed."

I am not using this app for commercial use, just personal. I use solely to login to my personal computer, that is all.

Please assist me Dev/Mods.

Thank you in advance.