Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Yusuif
    Yusuif Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited January 2021

Teamviewr want to force you to purchase the product, If you connect to lab computer , you can search for alternative programs

Simply type in google search engine ( Teamviewr Vs ... ) google will suggest the altornative app . good luck

• ChrisS_319
    ChrisS_319 Posts: 0

I am connecting to a computer that I have connected to for years. Now within seconds after connection it disconnects and says the time of usage is up and I can sign back in after a few minutes. But it continues to happen after a few seconds of connecting.

• goofeephoto
    goofeephoto Posts: 0
    edited January 2021

i have the free version to assess clients but once i connect,it boots me off

• depperly
    depperly Posts: 1

This happens to me also but only for one computer. The other computer is fine.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Витал,

Thank you for your post 🙌

In order to understand your issue, could you please translate the error message into English?

It would be great if you could share more details about the issue as well.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • I sign in and before i can do anything, i get timed out

• gtspejl
    gtspejl Posts: 0

I only use Team Viewer for personal use. I have used it for over a year But now says I am a business user and I keep getting timed out

• moot4hn
    moot4hn Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

I posted the same problem 1/30/2021... When I checked today it was removed by ???

I put in a ticket request regarding 'Was commercial use detected on your TeamViewer ID?' and am waiting for a response.

Below is what I submitted to TeamViewer.com, and basically what I posted in my 'lost post'...

I'm using TeamViewer for personal use only and you have received the messages 'Commercial use suspected' or 'Commercial use detected'. Since a resent update I've been getting the messages on my HP Pavilion 23 AIO computer. I have been using this computer for a number of years. I purchased this computer from Staples (they were closing a store), it was a display model with Windows 8 (first version) and was reset to factory defaults. Since then I have upgraded from Windows 8 to my current version of Windows 10.

I am over 72 years old, retired, and have never worked for or been associated with the Hewlett-Packard Company. I have posted on the https://community.teamviewer.com/ --- for some reason, my post just disappeared!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em think...

• My sessions time out after 5 seconds. I fill in the form at 'teamviewer.com/reset' and after I supply name, address etc. I press the Generate PDF" button, but nothing happens. How may I use the product

• bradoneill
    bradoneill Posts: 1

Having the same problem getting kicked out after 1 minute on one of my computers. NOT a suspected commercial use issue. It's also apparently not just a Windows 10 Pro issue. I have Windows 10 Pro on my desktop computer and can access my other TV computers without a time limit.

• Aylen
    Aylen Posts: 0
    edited February 2021

QUIERO DAR DE BAJA LA CUENTA

• eus7
    eus7 Posts: 0

I am using the free version of TV for personal use on occasion between my laptop and desktop. As of a few weeks ago I get disconnected after approximately one minute of use.

I get a message on the screen that states " Your Team Viewer Session has timed out and will be closed"

Updated both computers to 15.4.5

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Did you all fill out the form on the reset page? Even though a message does not explicitly state "Commercial Use suspected" it can be connected. I replied in this thread already earlier. You might want to scroll back to find the link again 👍

Former Community Manager

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 915 Moderator

Hola @myommi ,

gracias por tu comentario. Bienvenido a la comunidad española. Mis compañeros de soporte me han comentado que ya están en contacto contigo. Gracias por tu paciencia. Espero que se solucione cuanto antes. Un saludo, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• Been using teamviewer for 6+ years for personal use. For some reason now it says "Commercial use detected" and lets me use my home PC for 1 minute only. "Contact us" option redirects to the community forum, submitting a ticket link also does that. And on this page in "Service" tab you can see that submitting a ticket requires a licensed account. That's a dead loop.

What should i do?

Thanks in advance

• Hi, I have a personal Teamviewer account only to access my personal computers and acces my parent computers to help them out. However one of the computers (only) autometically disconnects after less than a minute of remote connection. Why is this happening and how to solve this?

• This is happening to me too!

• No commercial should be free but somehow my computer has been blocked for no reason.

• dknappert
    dknappert Posts: 1

I rarely use team viewer, but when I do it's to connect to my personal computers, or a family member, or a small local non-profit to help. It's supposed to be free for personal use, and support unlocked my usage last time but now it says I'm doing commercial stuff again and locked me out. I cannot get anyone on support to help. Is there any solution? I can't pay $600 a year to help my grandma and a local charity...

• mark003
    mark003 Posts: 0

why does my remote connection "time out" in less than one minute then blocks me for several minutes.

• AlanN
    AlanN Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have a free account and have submitted a form to reset my account from being detected as being commercial usage 3 times since November 2020. I attempted to call for support who does not have any ability to support the free accounts. Nothing has changed with my account being able to log in to computers on my account to last over 1 minute. What does it take to fix this issue with Teamviewer?

• Tabatha
    Tabatha Posts: 1

I am having the same issue! I have been cut off VERY fast. And do not use this in a commercial way or receive money for using it at all.

• AlanN

Even if you submit the form to reset for commercial use, there are no updates or changes to your account.

• Thereza
    Thereza Posts: 0
    edited February 2021

Sou estudante e utilizo para pedir socorro a professores, mas quando tento usar diz que minha licença é comercial??

• AlanN

I keep getting alerts that my use is marked as commercial usage and I cannot stay connect to any family member computer for over a minute.

Where is the Teamviewer support for this?

I have added the same question but a moderator is merging into another existing, older and unanswered question. Please do not merge.

• Ruddman20
    Ruddman20 Posts: 0

I have a free account and maybe 9-10 machines added(friends and family I help with issues). I'm constantly flagged for commercial use or suspected use and it kicks me off remote or only allows me on for 1 minute. Why am I being flagged?? This restriction needs to be removed. I'm under the allowed machines added on my save list and I only use the service when needed.

• MarkHaaseth
    MarkHaaseth Posts: 1

Same here. I lost my security code too.

I need help!!!

• MarkHaaseth
    MarkHaaseth Posts: 1

Hello,

I need help!

It keeps thinking I have a commercial license so I can't even use it anymore.

I use it for my parents, my Aunt and a couple friends.

HELP!!

• Al_Atl
    Al_Atl Posts: 0
    edited February 2021

Hello,

For the third or fourth time, one of my computers has been wrongly flagged with "commercial use detected." I work in Canada and have an apartment here. My permanent home is in Georgia, I have a house there and computers there. When I am in one place, I often log into the other to check on things, make changes, send/receive files etc. My son and I also help each other out on computer issues. I am not now, have not ever and will not ever use this for commercial use. It is all personal, home use!!! Can you please help me with this? It is so aggravating! I need to do something on a remote computer that would likely only take me a few minutes but with Team Viewer kicking me out after a few seconds, it is impossible and so very irritating. Effectively useless. Please help! You detection system is set far, far, far too sensitive that this keeps happening over and over, not only to me, but from what I am reading in online groups, many others as well.

Thank you for your help.

Allen

**Information removed as per Community Guidelines**