Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Mark_62
    Mark_62 Posts: 1
  • Sir_Charles
    Sir_Charles Posts: 0

Hi all,

Is there way to fix this issue? I have been using TW since it became available. I use it to help my mom, my sister, a friend ( all of them in a different country ) and my girlfriend and her sister.

I do not know why their system decided I have been using it for commercial purposes, which I have not.

Without it my mom is fu....d.

Is there a way to contact the TW team to get it fixed? I don't want to use a different solution.

thanks,

C

• OldMoldy
    OldMoldy Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have been using Teamviewer for some years successfully to help friends and neighbors and today, for the first time, I received the timeout message and I can't connect to help a friend for more than a few seconds. This is not a good testimony for service or support

• Legend33
    Legend33 Posts: 0

I'm receiving the same error and disconnect using the free version. Did something change regarding the licensing? I just use this to remote connect to my father's pc.

• Eclipso
    Eclipso Posts: 0

Same for me. i came here for that as well.. 1 minute and I'm disconnected.

I'm simply using it to connect to my ARK gaming server on my LAN so I don't need to have a screen/keyboard/mouse connected to it...

But now it's almost impossible to make anything

• DataGeek
    DataGeek Posts: 1

same

• AndyH_0606
    AndyH_0606 Posts: 0

I am seeing the same. Getting an error that commecial use is detected. Given I use it in the house for connection to 2 linux laptops for a hobby of mine, I am wondering where the commercial aspect it!

• AndyH_0606
    AndyH_0606 Posts: 0

It seems to be happening to everyone at the moment. Same here.

• DerekM1978
    DerekM1978 Posts: 0

Same here. Use it for my mom to help her mow and then. Also use it for myself as sometimes I'm too lazy to walk downstairs. Lol. Frustrating.

• Stellite
    Stellite Posts: 0

I had the same problem today as well, cannot get it to work. I dropped all the firewalls and vpn and still same results. Times out in 30 sec and cannot get back connected for after 5 minutes. Once connected works great again for 30 secs. What is up with that. Both computers have the latest teamviewer.

• Mittens
    Mittens Posts: 1
    edited September 2021

So what happened is the 'free license' on your account is expired, email them (if you can find their **bleep** email) and ask them to renew it, they will.

• MrAv
    MrAv Posts: 0

I'm getting the same issue on Mac Os Big Sur, no mention of commercial use just connection blocked after timeout try again in 1 min. Now it won't let me login via my account or another free account. i can however still log on and use from phone and other computers.🤷

• Alucard13
    Alucard13 Posts: 0

Good Evening. I do not use Teamviewer for commercial access. I use it to connect to a PC in my home. I connect to my home PC from outside of my home so maybe thats why it thinks i need a commercial license? How can i get back to the free version?

• mazyarl
    mazyarl Posts: 0

Hi,

I am using TeamViewer for a personal case for connecting to my PC located somewhere else using my laptop. Starting today, I am getting a time out error massage which disconnects me after a few minutes of remote connection.

Please let me know how to fix this issue. I tried contacting TeamViewer's support but could not figure it out and decided to ask a question here.

Thank you

• searchib
    searchib Posts: 1

For about a week now, I am CONSTANTLY getting "Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license." IMMEDIATELY upon connecting to a remote computer that has worked via TeamViewer for years. Basically, I get 0 seconds of connectivity befoe being kicked off. Yeah, not very useful at all. How do I regain access to this "partner" when all my other "partners" are working just fine? I am a personal user. I have had to repeatedly prove myself as a non-commerical user over the years, and I'm getting very tired of this! What is TeamViewer's best competitor? Time to give them a call.

• Sue1997
    Sue1997 Posts: 1

I used teamviewer only for myself , not for business.When I connected to other device for 1 min, then it interrupted and described connect timeout after forbidden.

forbidden time will continue to %H:%M. like the below picture

• Goldberger
    Goldberger Posts: 1

Just put in the reset request so hope that fixes it. I have used my phone to access my home PC mainly on gaming purposes etc. Only thing different i now done is i noticed team viewer works actually on browser too so i started to use it on computer at work to access my home PC. Maybe the work PC triggered the commercial use? Still i only use one way connection to my gaming pc at home and its the only computer i ever connect to as i do not have anything else added and never need to add.

Just so frustrating timing as there is a new game i could play at work via teamviewer the commercial usage popped up on the first day i was gonna try to play that one. I been using teamviewer for several years without any issues until yesterday.

Also i did check out some subscription stuff but there really is nothing for private use and only commercial with insane monthly prices. Not really worth for the rare cases i actually got time to play at work for those prices.

• Sergei_Esyakov
    Sergei_Esyakov Posts: 1

When connecting, the phone - PC connection was established, some error occurred. Now when I try to connect, I get an error exceeding the time limit for my license. I use the non-commercial version of the program. Do I really have some kind of time limit per month? And how do I remove the lock from my account?It also says that I use the commercial version. Maybe I clicked the wrong button from my phone by mistake and now I have this problem. Please help us with its solution.

• Well I put in a reset request even though I'm not getting the "Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected" as post #1 mentions. I'll reply when something happens. (says in 2 business days)

The reset link is in the first post of this thread fyi to anyone reading

• I can report that this works as a work around if what you're remoting into is on the same network. I've been connected over 5 minutes no without issue.

• Peteris
    Peteris Posts: 0

Hello Teamviewer,

I have been using teamviewer for personal use only all these years.

I don't understand, why I keep getting messages that I am using it commercially?

I use it to check my family and friend computers and I am not a company, I am Individual, so there is no commercial use.

What can we do about it?

Kind regards,

Peteris Dovgvillo

• ssurfer
    ssurfer Posts: 0

Since 21/03/2021 immediately when I establish a connection I get the message:

"Your Team viewer connection has timed out and will close"

I an a free user, Teamviewer is up to date on both computers.

Please can someone help me or ask support to contact me?

Best regards

"ssurfer74"

• u324jsd
    u324jsd Posts: 9 ✭✭

For the last week i've been unable to connect to my PC that's on my home LAN, commercial detected and get kicked out with a "maximum connections" message. Tried reinstalling. Nothing works. Too bad their wasn't a reasonable price personal version.

Support team, if you happen to see this. Can you help unlock me.

• MariusB
    MariusB Posts: 0

I am a non-commercial user for several years and now I am getting disconnected after few minutes with the message above. I have submitted a signed (pdf) request to reset my account and I've got a confirmation that it was done but it didn't work - I am still getting disconnected from one of my partners. Is there are way how to resolve this?

• u324jsd
    u324jsd Posts: 9 ✭✭

I think I may have found my issue. When I used on PC (without a Umbrella proxy) then it works and stays connected. if I use my MAC which has Umbrella proxy enabled, then I get disconnected immediately.

@TeamviewerSupport - Are you aware of this?

• Butt3rfly
    Butt3rfly Posts: 0

Hi Can someone please help I am using free user and it keeps sending a message and timing me out why?

• wrobertdavis
    wrobertdavis Posts: 0

That started happening on my setup as well - no explanation

• cdry
    cdry Posts: 0

same problem...

but I only have to help my dad every 2-3 days who lives away from me, he is unfortunately old and often spoils something on his computer. Please solve this connection timeout problem, thank you

Krisztian

• OfferNevat
    OfferNevat Posts: 1

connection times out after about 1 minute, refusing reconnect

using ver 15.15.5 on both Windows PCs

• Hi,

Teamviewer has started logging me out after 1-2 min.

I dont't use it for work. I just use it to help my mother on her MacBook air.

What can I do about it?

Thanks!