teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

A Comunidade TeamViewer chega ao Brasil 🎉

Check out our brand-new Portuguese Community 👉 here 👈.

Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• ktr239
    ktr239 Posts: 1 Newbie

Seriously - I cannot connect to anything, why am i being penalised for not paying for a FREE account?

• I have also just started getting this problem. While connecting my Mac to my Ubuntu computer.

Connecting from my phone to my Mac seems to work and doesn't time out. So I don't think this is an account or licensing problem.

I reinstalled Teamviewer on mac and my Ubuntu machines. Still getting the same error.

This is what I get when trying to reconnect:

• mgchurchvideo
    mgchurchvideo Posts: 2

I recently summited a request to get my ID rest as I was flagged I use teamviewer to connect to my church computer to organize I do this on my own time and I'm not paid. This is very frustrating. I would love to talk to anyone on phone just give me a number. NOT HAPPY

• HaVoK
    HaVoK Posts: 1

I am travelling and trying to remote to my home PC but teamviewer keeps timing out over and over. How can I fix this? I am using the free version. Thanks!

• Supawoo
    Supawoo Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited April 19

Just save yourself a headache with these **bleep** **bleep** and switch to **Third Party Product**. You're welcome!

• rchan
    rchan Posts: 1 Newbie

I'm trying to connect to my Father's computer to get some files to help him file his taxes.

I haven't connected to this computer in a while.

I connect on to his computer and in about a minute or so. I get kicked out and I try to reconnect and get this:

Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license

Connections to this partner will be blocked until 21:35

I'm using version 15.16.8 (32-bit)

• clee1978
    clee1978 Posts: 0 Newbie

I am having the exact same issue. All I am trying to do is assist my friend with some computer issues that he is having; however, I don't stay connected for more than thirty seconds, and I am kicked out. I do not use this software for financial gain, only to help my friends and family when they need computer assistance, be it macOS, Windows, Linux, etc. When I visit the TeamViewer site and on the application itself, it states that I am using the free account. I am using version 15.16.8 64 bit and the behavior is the same on macOS, Windows 10 build 20H2v2 and Linux. Please assist us, TeamViewer! Thank you.

• Sunhee
    Sunhee Posts: 1 Newbie

Hello, I am Sunhee.

Recently I have been blocked when I was using Teamviewer.

The program said I need a commercial license.

But I am in the academic field and used TeamViewer with my friend for coding the program or R.

Could you permit my Teamviewer access?

Thanks

• Hi,

I have been using Teamviewer for a long time around 8 years. I have three PC's at my home that all have it installed. One of them is using a VPN and has no screen. I use this PC for my Onedrive storage and media. Anytime I connect to this PC for remote control after a minute TV kicks me out and won't let me reconnect for a certain period. Why is this? How do I fix it?

regards

Richie

• lazza79
    lazza79 Posts: 1 Newbie

I have 4 PCs in my TeamViewer account and recently I am being kicked out after about one minute.

Could you please help?

I have a free license and I don't use the PC for commercial purposes.

Thank you!

• ThinkOfANumber
    ThinkOfANumber Posts: 0 Newbie

I'm in the same boat today trying to help my 81-year-old dad. Constantly disconnected and then timeout messages.

• lazza79
    lazza79 Posts: 1 Newbie

I have the same issue.

Please help!

• JonathanChristie
    JonathanChristie Posts: 0 Newbie

Had this appear a few weeks ago. submitted a request to have it 'unblocked' (not for the first time either) and it worked for a couple of weeks. now its re-appeared. I gave up the convenience of using if for a homelab connection a while ago too.

This really is becoming a pain in the proverbial.

I'm probably being over cynical but it seems like crass move to force users into purchasing when they need it most.

• Libertay
    Libertay Posts: 0

This is happening to me too. I connect to my home pc, then it closes and tells me I have to wait. When I try again it does the same thing.

• rchan
    rchan Posts: 1 Newbie

It's been happening to a lot of people since yesterday.

• Wagman67
    Wagman67 Posts: 0

Well, I see we are all in this boat. I don't see TV either attempting a resolution or letting us know they are attempting a resolution. It is free, so I guess I am getting what I paid for, anyway.

• skube
    skube Posts: 0

This is so frustrating and really not endearing me to TeamViewer.

• clouds73
    clouds73 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm not a company or anything, I'm just a dad who connects daily to my son's computer and teaches him! He is only 9 years old, and he's is struggling with his online schooling, so I have to connect daily to his computer and help him study because unfortunately, I don't live with him. I connected once to my daughter's computer at the same house, but it's always my son, every day. Now, TeamViewer closes after 1 minute and won't let me stay longer and also won't reconnect immediately. This is a disaster for me because my son needs me and all other remote software isn't that efficient. Please, can you lift this limitation? Thank You

• Rooster
    Rooster Posts: 0 Newbie

Same issue, no idea what this is about. I have not used my TeamViewer all week. Seems a little shady on Teamviewers side.

• SneakyGit
    SneakyGit Posts: 0 Newbie

Ditto .. I have not used Team Viewer in a couple of months

• Rctaets
    Rctaets Posts: 0 Newbie

Same timeout issues.

• Mba7th
    Mba7th Posts: 0 Newbie

same issue here, it connects for 1 minute only

issue only on my ipad pro

connects fine thru iphone

didnt try it on any os or devices

• dasnipa13
    dasnipa13 Posts: 0

I help alot of friends without ever receiving any compensation.. EVER. And I have been disconnected for the same issue.. many times.. this should be remedied.

• Catlady7310
    Catlady7310 Posts: 0

Same issue here since I upgraded to the most current version I only

use to help my friends with no fees involved. I have been using this product for

many many years now

• Stildreamn
    Stildreamn Posts: 0 Newbie

I'm also having the same issue but don't see anyone posting how to fix it or if there's a problem with the Web site

• Jinen
    Jinen Posts: 0 Newbie

Same issue...any resolution, please help.

• swaichulis
    swaichulis Posts: 1

How do you reset your Team Viewer ID for the free personal use version?

I'm no longer able to connect to my computer at my other house.

• Mazza154
    Mazza154 Posts: 0

Same here, any update on how to resolve this?

• Nomjan
    Nomjan Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi Team,

I support my uncle based in Sweden for he is an elderly person with not much computer awareness. Lately my support sessions are timing out within a minute and am unable to help his issues.

Any idea how to get this sorted?

• Gex
    Gex Posts: 0

I am also getting this timeout after 30 seconds and I also look after my 85 yr old mothers PC setting up Skype meeting with her brother in the UK. I am also becoming frustrated.

Canada