Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Nabil_Nahas
    Nabil_Nahas Posts: 0

Hi, I have noticed few days back, that as soon as I connect to one of my remote computer, it disconnect automatically after few seconds, and give me the following message:

Session Time-out: Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed.

When I try to re-connect, it gives me that my connection is blocked after timeout.

"Your License limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Is this a new policy on the free license?

If not, how should I solve it?

• Bmarchand
    Bmarchand Posts: 1

I have the free license, when I remote in, it blocks me a minute or 2 later and says blocked for certain period of time, looks like it thinks the session duration is too long, but its not

When I try and reconnect it says blocked until and gives a time a few minutes later

When I try after that time it gives me another time a few minutes later

cycle continues

Any help would be appreciated

• LightWallBouze
    LightWallBouze Posts: 1

Hi,

Teamviewer Incorrectly Thinks I'm using for commercial use and won't let me connect to my PC, how do I tell them it's not commercial?

Thanks

• BeeCee
    BeeCee Posts: 1

Why does it keep kicking me out after a minute and Reads connection blocked after time out. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try again later.

It's been like this for an hour. I uninstalled and reinstalled and activated my trusted devices and it is still disconnecting me after a minute. I timed it.

• tangpho
    tangpho Posts: 1

Having the exact same issue.

• nhedgespeth
    nhedgespeth Posts: 0

Same here

• BeeCee

Well it looks like I'm not the only with this issue. Ok, teamviewer experts, tell us what we need to do. Please!

• bebovard
    bebovard Posts: 1

Using free edition, non-commercial . . . exact same problem this morning after not using TeamViewer for over a month or two.😟

• thunder597
    thunder597 Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

Hmm hopefully it might just be a glitch today and they will fix it. But after reading other complaints it looks like they are just trying to make us buy it. I have been using this non-commercial for years now. I have no need to pay out the **bleep** when I don't even use it all the time just not worth it. It was great while it lasted. If they are just trying to make us pay at least say tell us that. If it is just a glitch fix it for crying out load. PS: Teamviewer your customer support **bleep**

• BeeCee

Well hopefully it is just a glitch for today. I’ve been using team viewer for several years and this is the first time I’ve had any problems. I use the free version also.

• AR88
    AR88 Posts: 0

SORT YOUR LIFE OUT TEAMVIEWER

• Kline
    Kline Posts: 1

I've been using TV for years, but it has recently started dropping my connection after about a minute. Has the company changed there policy regarding the free license?

• kucer
    kucer Posts: 0

The reset page does not work. I put in my ID and it is more than 8 but less than 11 letters but it just highlights that field in red like I have it wrong. I have OCD and it takes me 30-60 minutes to leave for work because I keep having to go back and check the stove, etc. With teamviewer I can just leave OBS up connected to my cameras and TV in to my pc to verify that no, my house is not on fire. It also allows me to view my emotional support animal. You think this is no big deal but it causes me a ton of anxiety. And I cannot even put in a ticket or chat/call/email with a real human being to get this resolved. Did some awful company buy teamviewer? You used to be the best but this is just a massive swerve downhill.

• bradmich
    bradmich Posts: 1

Recently I have tried to connect with another one of my computers and after about 2 minutes I get blocked and the mesaage that I have exceeded maximum duration. I only use TEAM Viewer about once every month or less and have had no blocks so far yet now I am getting this message and issue?

What is going on??

• ktr239
    ktr239 Posts: 1

Seriously - I cannot connect to anything, why am i being penalised for not paying for a FREE account?

• I have also just started getting this problem. While connecting my Mac to my Ubuntu computer.

Connecting from my phone to my Mac seems to work and doesn't time out. So I don't think this is an account or licensing problem.

I reinstalled Teamviewer on mac and my Ubuntu machines. Still getting the same error.

This is what I get when trying to reconnect:

• mgchurchvideo
    mgchurchvideo Posts: 2 ✭✭

I recently summited a request to get my ID rest as I was flagged I use teamviewer to connect to my church computer to organize I do this on my own time and I'm not paid. This is very frustrating. I would love to talk to anyone on phone just give me a number. NOT HAPPY

• HaVoK
    HaVoK Posts: 0

I am travelling and trying to remote to my home PC but teamviewer keeps timing out over and over. How can I fix this? I am using the free version. Thanks!

• Supawoo
    Supawoo Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

Just save yourself a headache with these **bleep** **bleep** and switch to **Third Party Product**. You're welcome!

• rchan
    rchan Posts: 1

I'm trying to connect to my Father's computer to get some files to help him file his taxes.

I haven't connected to this computer in a while.

I connect on to his computer and in about a minute or so. I get kicked out and I try to reconnect and get this:

Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license

Connections to this partner will be blocked until 21:35

I'm using version 15.16.8 (32-bit)

• clee1978
    clee1978 Posts: 0

I am having the exact same issue. All I am trying to do is assist my friend with some computer issues that he is having; however, I don't stay connected for more than thirty seconds, and I am kicked out. I do not use this software for financial gain, only to help my friends and family when they need computer assistance, be it macOS, Windows, Linux, etc. When I visit the TeamViewer site and on the application itself, it states that I am using the free account. I am using version 15.16.8 64 bit and the behavior is the same on macOS, Windows 10 build 20H2v2 and Linux. Please assist us, TeamViewer! Thank you.

• Sunhee
    Sunhee Posts: 0

Hello, I am Sunhee.

Recently I have been blocked when I was using Teamviewer.

The program said I need a commercial license.

But I am in the academic field and used TeamViewer with my friend for coding the program or R.

Could you permit my Teamviewer access?

Thanks

• Hi,

I have been using Teamviewer for a long time around 8 years. I have three PC's at my home that all have it installed. One of them is using a VPN and has no screen. I use this PC for my Onedrive storage and media. Anytime I connect to this PC for remote control after a minute TV kicks me out and won't let me reconnect for a certain period. Why is this? How do I fix it?

regards

Richie

• lazza79
    lazza79 Posts: 1

I have 4 PCs in my TeamViewer account and recently I am being kicked out after about one minute.

Could you please help?

I have a free license and I don't use the PC for commercial purposes.

Thank you!

• ThinkOfANumber
    ThinkOfANumber Posts: 0

I'm in the same boat today trying to help my 81-year-old dad. Constantly disconnected and then timeout messages.

• lazza79
    lazza79 Posts: 1

I have the same issue.

Please help!

• Had this appear a few weeks ago. submitted a request to have it 'unblocked' (not for the first time either) and it worked for a couple of weeks. now its re-appeared. I gave up the convenience of using if for a homelab connection a while ago too.

This really is becoming a pain in the proverbial.

I'm probably being over cynical but it seems like crass move to force users into purchasing when they need it most.

• Libertay
    Libertay Posts: 0

This is happening to me too. I connect to my home pc, then it closes and tells me I have to wait. When I try again it does the same thing.

• rchan
    rchan Posts: 1

It's been happening to a lot of people since yesterday.

• Wagman67
    Wagman67 Posts: 0

Well, I see we are all in this boat. I don't see TV either attempting a resolution or letting us know they are attempting a resolution. It is free, so I guess I am getting what I paid for, anyway.