Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• alex_howard
    alex_howard Posts: 2 ✭✭

Seems to be happening a lot lately.

If anybody can help us get passed this, please ... please let us kn now the remedy.

Thank yuo.

• alex_howard
    alex_howard Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2022

Hi,

If you get an answer, plese let me know.

I am disabled and now live 1,000 miles from two dear friends, who count on me to help them using Tem

Viewer.

Especially now, when they they try to go to **Third Party Product** sessions and they need help with audio settings.

I'd been using TV for years, non-commercially, and with the latest update, no joy.

Please remember me if/when you find out how to fix this.

Thank you very much,

-a.

• JPOPatents
    JPOPatents Posts: 1

Absolute nonsense. I have one TV account. The only originating computer is my laptop and, until yesterday, I only had 1 remote computer. Yesterday I installed TV on the 2nd remote computer, connected to that computer remotely from my laptop, and ran some updates. Today I connected to the original remote computer and poof - access limited due to commercial use being flagged. Neither computer is a work computer or used for anything other than remotely managing computers connected to my ham radio equipment. Everything was working fine until I added a 2nd remote computer to my account. Now I can't connect to the original remote computer for more than 5 minutes.

• Abdelrahmankhalil96
    Abdelrahmankhalil96 Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

Today i got a message saying that my pc is business account and I can't connect to it, what could i do

Id is

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• Tweak
    Tweak Posts: 0

My account has been deactivated twice within the last two weeks. I use Team Viewer to access my media server in another part of the house and that is it. About two weeks ago my account was deactivated for suspected commercial use, I went to the reset page and submitted the form to have my account reactivated. Not only did it take almost 2 weeks for it to be processed and reactivated it, but later that day I had received the confirmation email I went to connect to my media server and all went well. The following day I went to remote in again, and I was met with the same message that my account had been deactivated for suspected commercial use.

This is just absolutely ridiculous, and all I can do is submit another stupid form. At this point I really don't care what happens with my account. I am just gonna switch to other program that will not give me this type of issue.

• w1ndy
    w1ndy Posts: 2 ✭✭

I just got the same thing, and now they've made another hoop to jump through as you cant contact support without a licence... Linus Tech Tips got it right when he called this company out for being scummy.

• w1ndy
    w1ndy Posts: 2 ✭✭

Guess its time to try and find an alternative

• bharatk
    bharatk Posts: 0

I was shocked to see the message "You are using Teamviewer in professional capacity", since at no point of time have I ever used Teamviewer in commercial or professional way. I tried to contact support by email but it came back saying that I should use this forum.

Does anybody know where I can send email or contact Teamviewer (free use) to let them know that I have been using Teamviewer only in non-commercial and non-professional manner?

Thanks, Bharat.

• kuba1
    kuba1 Posts: 0
    edited June 2022

Hello, I'm solving one problem with my license, which I have set for a free license, while the teamviewer writes to me when I connect to one of my laptops that I have 5 minutes left. I am sending a screenshot in the attachment Thank you for your cooperation

• danilum
    danilum Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2022

HelIo! I have been used TeamViewer since october 2020, without problems. I am working on a secondary school, as secretary. I have accesed the application from my personal computer to finish deadline papers. I didn t use commercial activity. It happend to forget the application open overnight. My ID [removed per Community Guidelines]. Please, help me!

• danilum

• danilum
    edited June 2022

Hello! I cannot acces the application and I need to reset my ID: [removed per Community Guidelines]. I specify I dont use activity commercial... Please, help me!

• BillyJIV
    BillyJIV Posts: 1

This keeps happening year after year.

I have a personal PC at my home.

I do NOT have any business.

I work at a hospital and take my personal laptop to work and use the PUBLIC WIFI.

I believe TEAMVIEWER is interpreting the public WiFi as a business and things I am a business when I am attempting to connect to my home PC.

It is ALL PESONAL and thus should be FREE.

What can be done to keep the program from constantly blocking me?

I only use the program 4-6 times a year and it works great for what I need to do.

I would buy a license but it is too expense for 4-6 times a year

• sjulty
    sjulty Posts: 2 ✭✭

I was attempting to help a friend with an issue he has been having but, when I logged into his computer I was flagged as a commercial user. Next, I went to the temviewer reactivation web page, filled out all of the fields & signed it but when I went to submit, it froze.I thought it was an anomalie havig to do with the web brouser I was using (Google chrome) so, I went to firefox and, got the same result. It did NOT appear to accept my submission. what am I doing wrong?

• peterwerren
    peterwerren Posts: 0
    edited June 2022

TeamViewer blocked my free account. I am only using it for personal use!

• Cookster46
    Cookster46 Posts: 0
    edited June 2022

Hi,

I live in Belgium and working in the Netherlands. I use Team viewer (free license) to stay in contact with 85 year old parent. Previously I have signed a note declaring that I am using this free license for that and only that purpose, to help an elderly parent.

I arrived in Den Haag, NL this evening and have not been able to establish 1 remote link with parent for longer then 30-45 seconds.

What gives?

Randy Cook

[removed per Community Guidelines

• how to fix non-commercial use, with reset option

• peterwerren
    peterwerren Posts: 0

Thanks to .Carol.fg. for responding my initial inquiry. I submitted the activation request this morning.

• dala
    dala Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

I help my aging parents with their computer issues. Recently TeamViewer has decided I am a professional, won't connect to their computers for more than 30 seconds, and then won't let me reconnect. I make no money from my use of TeamViewer and feel it meets the generous license for the free tier. There are only 4 machines I ever use with TeamViewer (2 for my parents and 2 for me). Is it possible to revert my TeamViewer account back to the free tier so I can continue using it for personal use? Thank you.

• safern
    safern Posts: 1
  • CNuscis
    CNuscis Posts: 0

I can't connect to any of my friend's/family's computers via their ID/password combo. I just get this same error message about licensing problem. I have a free TeamViewer account as do the computers I connect to. I've read elsewhere that someone fixed it but zero info about what they did to fix it. So here I am asking probably the same question that's been answered before. Please help.

• mattish1
    mattish1 Posts: 0

what is the way of making contact?

• bjornkn
    bjornkn Posts: 0

I am the most knowledgeable person in my family and circle of friends. So far I have 9 family/friends on my ID list which I occasionally give support. Teamviewer helps a lot, and saves a lot of time not having to guide them solely around over the phone even for doing the most basic Windows stuff :-)

Today my ex wife needed support, and then I was told that Teamviewer thought I was doing commercial support. Because of the number of "clients" (9) ? Or because of the activity (haven't used it for weeks now)?

How can I convince Teamviewer that I don't use it commercially?

I have never received a penny (or NOK øre) for my "support work".

• plaurits
    plaurits Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi

I am using free license for personal use and helping a friend FOC now and then to check her mac from my windows10 PC.

Both TV versions are up to date.

Recently I am getting “commercial use” warning when starting the connection and connection times out after 5 minutes.

How to solve this issue s.t. I can continue to help my friend?

Br

Peter

• newshnd
    newshnd Posts: 1

I am a 70 year old retired computer literate user regularly helping his 83 year old brother with his iphone and ipad. We typically use FaceTime between two devices and Teamviewer between another pair of devices. Yesterday I received notifications that TeamViewer was cutting me off from free usage. An annual subscription of $420 is rather steep for helping my brother. Is there any more reasonable option?

• derekvantilborg
    derekvantilborg Posts: 1

Hi, I'm a grad student at Eindhoven University. I'm trying to connect to my personal computer on campus from home or while traveling, but teamviewer keeps kicking me out. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening?

cheers,

Derek

• oria
    oria Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

I'm a private person. Uses the app to occasionally help the slave and friends. You started blocking me as if I was a professional nerd for livelihood purposes. Please release the name we will use. Thanks

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• DDog
    DDog Posts: 1

I use the free version for personal use to assist family and friends. Just recently I started being notified that I am using TV for commercial purposes. That is not now nor has ever been the case.

How do I rectify this issue? I am handicapped and cannot get around easily and need to help family with computer issues.

Ant help would be appreciated.

DDog

• Dsutter
    Dsutter Posts: 2 ✭✭

I recently as yesterday change ISPs (from AT&T to Comcast) and today that I try helping my Dad (he is in another Country and I am in the USA) 2 to 3 seconds into the session I get disconnected and it shows me as a commercial account? I have called the 800 number but it tells me that if I am on a FREE account I need to come here and well, here I am.

What is going on and how do I fix this issue?

Again, I help my Dad in another Country sporadically, to the point that is not cost effective to get a commercial account nor do I make money when I help him. I may help a friend in need as well but that is probably once or twice a year and again, I make Zero when I do help them out.

Regards

DS

• Krow
    Krow Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

Hello i use Teamviewer to help friends and stuff once in awhile and i started having issues to connect because its saying im using it with a professional matter which is not the case anyone help please