Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• pvdlee1
    pvdlee1 Posts: 6 ✭✭

One of my PC's is suspected for commercial use.

How can this be reset??

• Dsutter
    Dsutter Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same thing happened to me last year, couldn't get a hold of anybody from TV so I desisted, tried later (a couple/few weeks afterwards) and it worked back again. I understand if this is something they do around this time of year to make people buy into their commercial account but that is not what's going to happen here. I use this less than 10 times a year so to me paying 50 is not in the books, way too rich for my blood so to speak.

If they don't resolve the issue soon, I am sure there are other free options to choose from. I keep using it because I am already used to it and the look and feel but if I need to, I will uninstall and be done with it.

• alan-hurley
    alan-hurley Posts: 5 ✭✭

I'm not talking to a business at all, but I can't connect to a friend without a quick time out. This happens every six months. Why? Why? Why?

• Debojyoti
    Debojyoti Posts: 1

how to fix this issue? logging off from account and suspecting commercial use

• pvdlee1
    edited June 2022

I am trying to reclaim my private version for [removed per Community Guidelines]

I used the form on https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/ but got no reaction.

What can I dor more???

• koemic
    koemic Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

Hi all, since a few days now I receive a warning message when I try to use my free TV licence to remote access my PCs on which I'm logged in with the same account.

The message reads (roughly translated from German): "There possibly could be a licence problem with your connection partner. To connect with this device you need a valid TV licence on your or on your partners device."

When I connect to the device, the connection is cancelled after a few seconds and the device is blocked for a few minutes, since "the maximum connection duration is limited with my licence". I've never had this problem in over 7 years, and I've only ever used my TV account for private access to my private devices, never for commercial use. Since I only have a free licence, I'm not able to open a support ticket with the developer themselves. Can a developer here please help me with my licencing problem? I dont want to delete my account, open a new account and run into the same problem over again.

• HolyHacker
    HolyHacker Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

Im using it only for my personal one desktop and i keep getting the pop up, i tried this link

and still not helped me.

• ladym
    ladym Posts: 1

I have been using the Free version for years, and granted so Years ago...I am Not paid and help people from a Non Profit Volunteer online radio station...Now all of a sudden, it's saying they detected Commercial Use?? I have did all I'm supposed to do according to Teamview, to get my access back and no response...Please Help my people need me...

• Sambolak
    Sambolak Posts: 0

Hi! I don't know why I got massage that it's using for commercial about one weekago. This a private account. Maybe because I changd my phone and I copy all the app to this phone as well??? I'll confirm that this is a private account. Best regards Sam Rami

• lenny2020
    lenny2020 Posts: 1

I have been using non commercial version for several years, and now I have been flagged incorrectly as "commercial" I simply use the program to help my 80 year old sister who lives in a different state manage her computer. I have completed the "affadavit" and the only step that follows is to allow me to "download the pdf" which I have done. But the program still keeps "kicking me off." what next?

• 148269Tv
    148269Tv Posts: 1

Using non-commercial with two computers. I've been flagged for commercial. what can I do?

• Howiee
    Howiee Posts: 0
    edited June 2022

I was using my personal phone to connect my personal computer for checking some personal info. Because I am working in the office right now, so my phone was connected to the company wifi. Then Teamviewer considered me to use it for commercial purpose, but it is not the case. I only use maybe 1-2 times a month, and how could you use this little time for commercial purpose. But now Teamviewer disconnected every five minute and banned me for 1-2 mins before the next use, and this also make me unable to check anything. I wish Teamviewer can remove this restriction from my Team. For future improvement, maybe not consider just based on the network but also the usage durations and frequencies.

• Bell4trix4
    Bell4trix4 Posts: 1

Hello,

I got the message that I am suspected of running commercial on my computer, which I am really not. I have read all the info and made sure I am using it strictly personal. Now I got the mail my acc has been opened but I am still blocked. I am so confused. I use Teamviewer on my phone and on my computer and its my computer that is blocked. I am struggling understanding what is my Teamveiwer ID. And now I cant send another request, I just get sent back to the one thats been opened that probably wasnt blocked. I just dont know what to do. Help!

• gillesk
    gillesk Posts: 0

Hello,

Teamviewer suspect I use it for commercial use, and it's absolutely not the case.

I have filled in the commercial suspect form, two days ago, and still cannot have access to help my young daughters remotely.

What can I do ? Wait a bit ? Fill again this form ?

Have you encountered this already ?

Thanks,

Gilles

• HolyHacker
    HolyHacker Posts: 2 ✭✭

i did the reset and still have the issue

• Bugsy_Bogus
    Bugsy_Bogus Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

We'll, I never mind the immediate disconnection on 'commercial suspect', because i just connect using teamviewer to accept my **bleep** connection request. LOL

• GlynJ
    GlynJ Posts: 0

I am having a problem connecting to a remote pc. I get the messages stating 'We are sorry for the interuption...we will have to limit your usage because the usage pattern suggest that you have been supporting others professionally' & another message. I have

attached screenshots

I have not and never have used Teamviewer for commercial purposes. I merely logon infrequently to friends/family computers (mostly elderly) to help them resolve issues. I do not and have never done this commercially.

Can you please advise?

• ThiagoBaltazar
    ThiagoBaltazar Posts: 0
    edited June 2022

for years i used the free firm team viewer. now they are getting a message saying my use It's not private. But I only use it to access my computer through my cell phone. And occasionally my mother's TV when she needs my help. These are not commercial uses, they are private. How can I request a review of my account to have it released again?

• SSSteven4
    SSSteven4 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have a free account which I have been using for a long time. I connect to other computers at most once a week, for a few minutes and I tried to connect tonight and got a message stating I am using my program too much. I find that not to be the case and want to know why this happens?

Can you please tell me how to stop this from happening and allow me to use the program?

Thank you,

steven

• Barnie
    Barnie Posts: 0

I used Teamviewer exclusively to support my elderly father, but its telling me off and stopping me (keeps timing out and telling off message)

Anyone know quickest way to resolve this please?

• pvdlee1

One of my PC's is marked for commercial use.

There is a form where you can enter the data for that PC.

I filled that form several times but no reaction whatsoever.

see https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

But seems not to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• woodymac
    woodymac Posts: 1

• woodymac
    woodymac Posts: 1

I installed Teamviewer on my new MAC for travel. Now TEAMviewer thinks I'm commercial. Help

• ArmandoASI
    ArmandoASI Posts: 0

Hello,

I've been using TV to connect my personal laptop with my desktop computer for times when I travel and forgot a file or stuff like that.

As once before, for no reason at all, I got the message "Commercial use is detected" and got kicked off the app

Again I want to state that I'm only using this app to connect from time to time with my desktop, in fact, I have not connected in like 4 months, and now that I want to connect, I got the "commercial use" message

How can OI get rid of that?

Best regards

Armando

• Chris_Nobby
    Chris_Nobby Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

​I was trying to use the free, personal use version of TeamViewer when a popup window appeared saying that it believed I was a commercial user. It blocked my use of the program.

I am NOT a commercial user. I am an 80 year old volunteer teacher.

I have been a volunteer teacher at U3A for many years. One of my subjects is teaching computer use. I have never received any remuneration for my services Frequently this involves me taking control of the student's computer to demonstrate how to perform certain tasks.

Many of my students know almost zilch about computers so they can't even find the "back" arrow in the browser, or the "+" for a new Tab. So it is easier to remotely do it for them than to spend 15 minutes trying to explain it to them by phone .

​How do I ensure I continue to get free open use?​

• iBaum
    iBaum Posts: 1

Hello,

I have gone through the account reset process twice because my usage was tagged as commercial. I have received responses from both reset requests that my service was set back as personal and I should be good to go. I have verified the TV ID's that I provided are correct. When i connect, I still get the commercial message, and my connection time is limited to maybe 1 minute.

What do I need to do to get this resolved? I have followed the TV protocol both times and it doesn't seem to be working. Help!?

• brucecdavis
    brucecdavis Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

I received the "commercial use detected" warning, but I never use my TeamViewer account for any type of commercial use. So I have been trying to reactivate my account via this page: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

But I have filled out the form numerous times over the past few weeks, and each time when I click on "Generate & Upload PDF" after I fill out the information, nothing happens. It appears that the information I entered is not getting "generated" or "uploaded", no matter how many times I click on that button.

Please help me to reactivate my account. Thank you.

--Bruce

• hi everyone, i can't connect to my home pc for more than a few minutes.
    the use I make is purely private and non-commercial. can you kindly help me?

• MrBanhanha
    MrBanhanha Posts: 1

Having the same problem for a week now and I dont know why :/