Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• peterwerren
    peterwerren Posts: 0
    Options

Thanks to .Carol.fg. for responding my initial inquiry. I submitted the activation request this morning.

• dala
    dala Posts: 1
    edited June 2022
    Options

I help my aging parents with their computer issues. Recently TeamViewer has decided I am a professional, won't connect to their computers for more than 30 seconds, and then won't let me reconnect. I make no money from my use of TeamViewer and feel it meets the generous license for the free tier. There are only 4 machines I ever use with TeamViewer (2 for my parents and 2 for me). Is it possible to revert my TeamViewer account back to the free tier so I can continue using it for personal use? Thank you.

• safern
    safern Posts: 1
    Options
  • CNuscis
    CNuscis Posts: 0
    Options

I can't connect to any of my friend's/family's computers via their ID/password combo. I just get this same error message about licensing problem. I have a free TeamViewer account as do the computers I connect to. I've read elsewhere that someone fixed it but zero info about what they did to fix it. So here I am asking probably the same question that's been answered before. Please help.

• mattish1
    mattish1 Posts: 0
    Options

what is the way of making contact?

• bjornkn
    bjornkn Posts: 0
    Options

I am the most knowledgeable person in my family and circle of friends. So far I have 9 family/friends on my ID list which I occasionally give support. Teamviewer helps a lot, and saves a lot of time not having to guide them solely around over the phone even for doing the most basic Windows stuff :-)

Today my ex wife needed support, and then I was told that Teamviewer thought I was doing commercial support. Because of the number of "clients" (9) ? Or because of the activity (haven't used it for weeks now)?

How can I convince Teamviewer that I don't use it commercially?

I have never received a penny (or NOK øre) for my "support work".

• plaurits
    plaurits Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

I am using free license for personal use and helping a friend FOC now and then to check her mac from my windows10 PC.

Both TV versions are up to date.

Recently I am getting “commercial use” warning when starting the connection and connection times out after 5 minutes.

How to solve this issue s.t. I can continue to help my friend?

Br

Peter

• newshnd
    newshnd Posts: 1
    Options

I am a 70 year old retired computer literate user regularly helping his 83 year old brother with his iphone and ipad. We typically use FaceTime between two devices and Teamviewer between another pair of devices. Yesterday I received notifications that TeamViewer was cutting me off from free usage. An annual subscription of $420 is rather steep for helping my brother. Is there any more reasonable option?

• derekvantilborg
    derekvantilborg Posts: 1
    Options

Hi, I'm a grad student at Eindhoven University. I'm trying to connect to my personal computer on campus from home or while traveling, but teamviewer keeps kicking me out. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening?

cheers,

Derek

• oria
    oria Posts: 1
    edited June 2022
    Options

I'm a private person. Uses the app to occasionally help the slave and friends. You started blocking me as if I was a professional nerd for livelihood purposes. Please release the name we will use. Thanks

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• DDog
    DDog Posts: 1
    Options

I use the free version for personal use to assist family and friends. Just recently I started being notified that I am using TV for commercial purposes. That is not now nor has ever been the case.

How do I rectify this issue? I am handicapped and cannot get around easily and need to help family with computer issues.

Ant help would be appreciated.

DDog

• Dsutter
    Dsutter Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I recently as yesterday change ISPs (from AT&T to Comcast) and today that I try helping my Dad (he is in another Country and I am in the USA) 2 to 3 seconds into the session I get disconnected and it shows me as a commercial account? I have called the 800 number but it tells me that if I am on a FREE account I need to come here and well, here I am.

What is going on and how do I fix this issue?

Again, I help my Dad in another Country sporadically, to the point that is not cost effective to get a commercial account nor do I make money when I help him. I may help a friend in need as well but that is probably once or twice a year and again, I make Zero when I do help them out.

Regards

DS

• Krow
    Krow Posts: 1
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hello i use Teamviewer to help friends and stuff once in awhile and i started having issues to connect because its saying im using it with a professional matter which is not the case anyone help please

• pvdlee1
    pvdlee1 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

One of my PC's is suspected for commercial use.

How can this be reset??

• Dsutter
    Dsutter Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Same thing happened to me last year, couldn't get a hold of anybody from TV so I desisted, tried later (a couple/few weeks afterwards) and it worked back again. I understand if this is something they do around this time of year to make people buy into their commercial account but that is not what's going to happen here. I use this less than 10 times a year so to me paying 50 is not in the books, way too rich for my blood so to speak.

If they don't resolve the issue soon, I am sure there are other free options to choose from. I keep using it because I am already used to it and the look and feel but if I need to, I will uninstall and be done with it.

• alan-hurley
    alan-hurley Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

I'm not talking to a business at all, but I can't connect to a friend without a quick time out. This happens every six months. Why? Why? Why?

• Debojyoti
    Debojyoti Posts: 1
    Options

how to fix this issue? logging off from account and suspecting commercial use

• pvdlee1
    pvdlee1 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options

I am trying to reclaim my private version for [removed per Community Guidelines]

I used the form on https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/ but got no reaction.

What can I dor more???

• koemic
    koemic Posts: 1
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi all, since a few days now I receive a warning message when I try to use my free TV licence to remote access my PCs on which I'm logged in with the same account.

The message reads (roughly translated from German): "There possibly could be a licence problem with your connection partner. To connect with this device you need a valid TV licence on your or on your partners device."

When I connect to the device, the connection is cancelled after a few seconds and the device is blocked for a few minutes, since "the maximum connection duration is limited with my licence". I've never had this problem in over 7 years, and I've only ever used my TV account for private access to my private devices, never for commercial use. Since I only have a free licence, I'm not able to open a support ticket with the developer themselves. Can a developer here please help me with my licencing problem? I dont want to delete my account, open a new account and run into the same problem over again.

• HolyHacker
    HolyHacker Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Everyone

Im using it only for my personal one desktop and i keep getting the pop up, i tried this link

and still not helped me.

• ladym
    ladym Posts: 1
    Options

I have been using the Free version for years, and granted so Years ago...I am Not paid and help people from a Non Profit Volunteer online radio station...Now all of a sudden, it's saying they detected Commercial Use?? I have did all I'm supposed to do according to Teamview, to get my access back and no response...Please Help my people need me...

• Prosperity
    Options

• Sambolak
    Sambolak Posts: 0
    Options

Hi! I don't know why I got massage that it's using for commercial about one weekago. This a private account. Maybe because I changd my phone and I copy all the app to this phone as well??? I'll confirm that this is a private account. Best regards Sam Rami

• lenny2020
    lenny2020 Posts: 1
    Options

I have been using non commercial version for several years, and now I have been flagged incorrectly as "commercial" I simply use the program to help my 80 year old sister who lives in a different state manage her computer. I have completed the "affadavit" and the only step that follows is to allow me to "download the pdf" which I have done. But the program still keeps "kicking me off." what next?

• 148269Tv
    148269Tv Posts: 1
    Options

Using non-commercial with two computers. I've been flagged for commercial. what can I do?

• Howiee
    Howiee Posts: 0
    edited June 2022
    Options

I was using my personal phone to connect my personal computer for checking some personal info. Because I am working in the office right now, so my phone was connected to the company wifi. Then Teamviewer considered me to use it for commercial purpose, but it is not the case. I only use maybe 1-2 times a month, and how could you use this little time for commercial purpose. But now Teamviewer disconnected every five minute and banned me for 1-2 mins before the next use, and this also make me unable to check anything. I wish Teamviewer can remove this restriction from my Team. For future improvement, maybe not consider just based on the network but also the usage durations and frequencies.

• Bell4trix4
    Bell4trix4 Posts: 1
    Options

Hello,

I got the message that I am suspected of running commercial on my computer, which I am really not. I have read all the info and made sure I am using it strictly personal. Now I got the mail my acc has been opened but I am still blocked. I am so confused. I use Teamviewer on my phone and on my computer and its my computer that is blocked. I am struggling understanding what is my Teamveiwer ID. And now I cant send another request, I just get sent back to the one thats been opened that probably wasnt blocked. I just dont know what to do. Help!

• gillesk
    gillesk Posts: 0
    Options

Hello,

Teamviewer suspect I use it for commercial use, and it's absolutely not the case.

I have filled in the commercial suspect form, two days ago, and still cannot have access to help my young daughters remotely.

What can I do ? Wait a bit ? Fill again this form ?

Have you encountered this already ?

Thanks,

Gilles

• HolyHacker
    HolyHacker Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

i did the reset and still have the issue

• Bugsy_Bogus
    Bugsy_Bogus Posts: 1
    edited June 2022
    Options

We'll, I never mind the immediate disconnection on 'commercial suspect', because i just connect using teamviewer to accept my **bleep** connection request. LOL