Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• GlynJ
    GlynJ Posts: 0
    Options

I am having a problem connecting to a remote pc. I get the messages stating 'We are sorry for the interuption...we will have to limit your usage because the usage pattern suggest that you have been supporting others professionally' & another message. I have

attached screenshots

I have not and never have used Teamviewer for commercial purposes. I merely logon infrequently to friends/family computers (mostly elderly) to help them resolve issues. I do not and have never done this commercially.

Can you please advise?

• ThiagoBaltazar
    ThiagoBaltazar Posts: 0
    edited June 2022
    Options

for years i used the free firm team viewer. now they are getting a message saying my use It's not private. But I only use it to access my computer through my cell phone. And occasionally my mother's TV when she needs my help. These are not commercial uses, they are private. How can I request a review of my account to have it released again?

• SSSteven4
    SSSteven4 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have a free account which I have been using for a long time. I connect to other computers at most once a week, for a few minutes and I tried to connect tonight and got a message stating I am using my program too much. I find that not to be the case and want to know why this happens?

Can you please tell me how to stop this from happening and allow me to use the program?

Thank you,

steven

• Barnie
    Barnie Posts: 0
    Options

I used Teamviewer exclusively to support my elderly father, but its telling me off and stopping me (keeps timing out and telling off message)

Anyone know quickest way to resolve this please?

• pvdlee1
    pvdlee1 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

One of my PC's is marked for commercial use.

There is a form where you can enter the data for that PC.

I filled that form several times but no reaction whatsoever.

see https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

But seems not to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• woodymac
    woodymac Posts: 1
    Options

• woodymac
    woodymac Posts: 1
    Options

I installed Teamviewer on my new MAC for travel. Now TEAMviewer thinks I'm commercial. Help

• ArmandoASI
    ArmandoASI Posts: 0
    Options

Hello,

I've been using TV to connect my personal laptop with my desktop computer for times when I travel and forgot a file or stuff like that.

As once before, for no reason at all, I got the message "Commercial use is detected" and got kicked off the app

Again I want to state that I'm only using this app to connect from time to time with my desktop, in fact, I have not connected in like 4 months, and now that I want to connect, I got the "commercial use" message

How can OI get rid of that?

Best regards

Armando

• Chris_Nobby
    Chris_Nobby Posts: 1
    edited June 2022
    Options

​I was trying to use the free, personal use version of TeamViewer when a popup window appeared saying that it believed I was a commercial user. It blocked my use of the program.

I am NOT a commercial user. I am an 80 year old volunteer teacher.

I have been a volunteer teacher at U3A for many years. One of my subjects is teaching computer use. I have never received any remuneration for my services Frequently this involves me taking control of the student's computer to demonstrate how to perform certain tasks.

Many of my students know almost zilch about computers so they can't even find the "back" arrow in the browser, or the "+" for a new Tab. So it is easier to remotely do it for them than to spend 15 minutes trying to explain it to them by phone .

​How do I ensure I continue to get free open use?​

• iBaum
    iBaum Posts: 1
    Options

Hello,

I have gone through the account reset process twice because my usage was tagged as commercial. I have received responses from both reset requests that my service was set back as personal and I should be good to go. I have verified the TV ID's that I provided are correct. When i connect, I still get the commercial message, and my connection time is limited to maybe 1 minute.

What do I need to do to get this resolved? I have followed the TV protocol both times and it doesn't seem to be working. Help!?

• brucecdavis
    brucecdavis Posts: 1
    edited June 2022
    Options

I received the "commercial use detected" warning, but I never use my TeamViewer account for any type of commercial use. So I have been trying to reactivate my account via this page: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

But I have filled out the form numerous times over the past few weeks, and each time when I click on "Generate & Upload PDF" after I fill out the information, nothing happens. It appears that the information I entered is not getting "generated" or "uploaded", no matter how many times I click on that button.

Please help me to reactivate my account. Thank you.

--Bruce

• teoundici93
    Options
    hi everyone, i can't connect to my home pc for more than a few minutes.
    the use I make is purely private and non-commercial. can you kindly help me?

• MrBanhanha
    MrBanhanha Posts: 1
    Options

Having the same problem for a week now and I dont know why :/

• jeffmparker
    jeffmparker Posts: 1
    Options

Same here. I've used TV to connect to my PC at home probably only three times in the past year, but just the other day I was classified as a commercial user and told to buy a licence in order to continue. For this very occasional and irregular use, firstly this is nowhere near a pattern that indicates commercial use, and secondly nowhere near justifies $50/month! Is there a reasonable free alternative?

• Whitedavidp
    Whitedavidp Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options

I am retired and have a long history of using TV to support friends and family - none of which is commercial in any way. Despite this, ever year or two, I get flagged as commercial use. So I go ahead and dance through the whole reset procedure. And this has removed the issue (at least for a time).

In the last few weeks it has happened again. I first sent in the form with only my main computer's TV ID thinking that was it. I got and email saying the TV ID had been reset. Despite this, I kept getting messages, having timeouts, etc.

So I sent in yet another form again with my main computer's TV ID but also the TV IDs of the 9 other remote devices I connect to most frequently (most but not all are in my house). After a few days, this morning I got the same email saying all the IDs had been reset.

But I am still getting the commercial use stuff happening. I have no idea what else I can/should do. I feel like there must be a bug in (a) TV or (b) in the reset processing. It is quite frustrating. What can I do? What can be done?

Thanks

• Whitedavidp
    Whitedavidp Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Options

For some reason, this says I have been "warned". No idea what that means but I did get a "response" from someone/something claiming to be "Jean/TeamViewer" that simply reads as follows:

"Hello,

There can be cases where TeamViewer incorrectly flags your device as commercial and limits your connections even though you don't violate the licensing conditions. For more information on why this occurs, as well as a link to the reset form, please visit our community: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/94784/thank-you-for-playing-fair/p1

We investigate all cases individually, and thank you for your patience in this process."

What the devil? In my post I CLEARLY state that I have been through the reset process multiple times now and gotten emails saying my IDs have been reset. Yet the issue persists! So this response is not at all helpful. Please read the postings before sending this likely-canned responses. Thanks

• leoizzo
    leoizzo Posts: 1
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hello everyone.

First of all thanks for the support. This is the second time I was flagged as 'commercial use'. I just use team viewer to provide help and support to my family and friends. I don't use for any commercial activity. I'm trying to use the 'reset management' form to reactivate my account but I can't use the signature box (won't allow me to draw).

Reset Management - TeamViewer

Can anyome help me please?

Thank you

• Fadhel
    Fadhel Posts: 0
    edited June 2022
    Options

first of all many thanks for this great app

for

a long time, I’ve been using this app for personal use.

for example, connecting to my own pc to get few things done on the run. getting small files to my phone or another device I own, as I am a full time student.

or

to help out a friend/relative in need as I am an IT student.

and for some

reason I get locked out from using the app with a message 'commercial use

detected'. am wondering if it’s because of something am doing or how do I

prevent this limitation to my account.

• scoobybe
    scoobybe Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I'm a non commercial user but I'm being restricted. I use this to access my NAS box remotely from 2 devices. I can't find a way to contact anyone to ask how to remove the restrictions

• jbnitro
    jbnitro Posts: 0
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hello I'm a non commercial user but I'm being restricted. I use teamviewer for personnal use on 2 pc and 2 phones.

• godlesswonder
    godlesswonder Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Just to note (I have no solution as yet), same here. Myself and one other user, each on a single device. We can no longer use it due to 'commercial use' - where there definitely is none. The "reset" form is broken for me (the button to submit the info does nothing either on Chrome or Firefox), but you may want to try it; https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Good luck

• godlesswonder
    Options

The reset page is broken for me as well (I can use the signature feature, but then clicking the 'submit and upload a PDF' button does nothing). Beginning to think this is not accidental :/. Tried on both Chrome and Firefox without success

Good luck!

• godlesswonder
    Options

They have a 'reset' option here; Type /en/reset-management/ after teamviewer(.)com (Sorry they wont let me post links) But as yet I haven't had any success (or heard of anyone else having any!). It appears broken. Worth trying I guess

Good Luck

• lenny2020
    lenny2020 Posts: 1
    edited June 2022
    Options

Over the past two weeks I suddenly have been flagged as commercial use simply for helping my 80 year old "computer illiterate" sister with her Word Program and Email. I have done this successfully for over one year. I submitted the required "affidavit" form, and GOT acknowledgement that the usage was indeed personal. This was sent to me on 6/18/22. I have repeatedly confirmed that the two Computer ID's involved are correct, but I am still being "kicked off." Interestingly, the subject line in the email from Team Viewer is titled "Your Teamvierwer ID(s) have been reset successfuly [removed per Community Guidelines]. If that last number is supposed to refer to one of my ID's which I documented to Teamviewer, it is wrong, and has no relationship to either of my two Computer ID's involved. What can I do next? Obviously trying to speak to someone is impossible because I don't have a paid license. Help! [removed per Community Guidelines].

• mcgonie
    mcgonie Posts: 0
    Options

I use teamviewer for private/personal use. When I try connecting to my friend's PC, it tells me that it is blocked and timed out and gives me a time to try again. When I do, the same thing happens. What do I need to do to fix this?

• starwolf
    starwolf Posts: 1
    Options

Is there any update to this? Like others on this thread, I've tried different browsers and PC's . I'm also unable to generate the PDF/pdf to upload

• jv80ekna
    jv80ekna Posts: 0
    edited June 2022
    Options

I am using the free version of Teamviewer with my friends and family. Now I am getting notifications

• beamercado
    beamercado Posts: 1
    Options

I have a free account and use it for personal use and my session keeps timing out. It says that I need to get a license. What should I do?

• Bman1096
    Bman1096 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have started getting the Timeout on my free license again. I have 5 computers at home and one at my wife's office that I maintain and only for personal use and need to get rid of the time out again. This happened last year and now is back

• Bman1096
    Bman1096 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have started getting the Timeout on my free license again. I have 5 computers at home and one at my wife's office that I maintain and only for personal use and need to get rid of the time out again. This happened last year and now is back