Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• TAJABOA
    TAJABOA Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Can't request reclaim free version for my family computers ( i'm currently considered as a commercial user helping my father and my mother, thanks a lot teamviewer security team, such incompetent you are !).

Long thread here with the incompetent support, describing the issue, that their reset page don't work at all :

Dont know what to do more now.

Maybe searching a competent solution that works, with a competent support team ? Let me know if you know ?

• User35412334
    User35412334 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I don't know that I can help, but just wanted to say I became aware of TeamViewer because of this very reason. My mom was in a senior living center several years ago. I used TeamViewer to log into her computer and check in on her since she couldn't work the computer. It worked very well for that reason. I'm sorry to hear that they've blocked your access and I hope you're able to get your communication with your parents restored.

• Ziouda
    Ziouda Posts: 0
    Options

Hi,

I'm using this app to remote access to my computer or mother's computer.

How is that possible that I'm using it as commercial use ?

Could you plz help ?

• Kasi95
    Kasi95 Posts: 1
    edited July 2022
    Options

Having the same issue as everyone else here. TeamViewer seems to think i'm using my free license for professional purposes.

I have a paid license which i use on the same machine for work and just switch accounts when needed but recently i've been unable to use my free account/license. What's the deal? I can move to Parsec but rather not.

• StephenSea_1
    StephenSea_1 Posts: 0
    Options

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong when attempting to use the free Teamview version? Problem: I can login in to my brother's computer (see what he sees on his) but only for about 30-45 seconds, then a message appears indicating "timed out".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help-

Sincerely,

Stephen

• DruryHills
    DruryHills Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thank you Teamviewer, this appears to have been sorted today. I hope it is a permanent fix.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URGENT.

Instead of merging my comment on the 335th page of an existing issue, how can I get someone from Teamviewer to actually provide some service and stick to their committments.

"Free for personal use." I need to support elderly parents, I've filled out your reset form 12 days ago, I only connect to three other devices which are obviously not associated with any business.

WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO DO?

To repeat,

I have submitted the form to describe why, as a personal use the usage might be high but have not had a reply and have now been locked out of Teamviewer for at least two weeks.

We use Teamviewer to support our elderly parents and only have connections too their devices, there is frequent use with them but no other use. Two of the parents have dementia and without the ability to "drive" their computers they are even more isolated.

You would have thought this was exactly the free personal use case that Teamviewer would support.

It seems that it is no longer possible to actually communicate directly with anyone at Teaamviewer, does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• Denise_Wilkins_2022
    Options

Hi, I sent the form for after I received a suspected commercial usage notification but have heard nothing. What can I do?

• Waynest
    Waynest Posts: 0
    Options

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 895 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @TAJABOA

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

I went ahead and just tried to replicate the issue you experienced, but were unable to recreate it. Using Firefox and Chrome, the form loaded with no issue.

As the issue cannot be reproduced, we do not have any other suggestions aside from what has already been suggested in the thread you linked.

As the suggestions that normally resolve form loading issues already been done via Twitter, we would only like to also ask if this occurs on wifi, cellular, or both. Please also let us know your carrier/ISP where this occurs.

Once we have this information, we can forward the issue to the web development team, so they can look into why this is occurring for you.

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• TAJABOA
    TAJABOA Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Josh,

i've tried on many cases :

• My Home computer (Using Ethernet cable)
    • My Androïd using my WIFI
    • At Work on my work PC, using Ethernet and Zscaler Proxy

Regards,

TAJABOA.

• aminbahjat
    aminbahjat Posts: 1
    Options

Hello

I am getting timed out and blocked and can not connect anymore, i have searched and it said this happens when you use it fir commercial work , and i only use it for personal, between my several laptops and family to help them resolve issues, and it gives me the below massage

• Hyperkiller92
    Hyperkiller92 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Submitted 2 forms to get my free version back after weeks with no reply.. after maybe 10 years of using Team viewer Free version i think this may be the last time i use this program.. no consumer loyalty unless you pay.. such a shame. shame on your TV

• ndiaz1909
    ndiaz1909 Posts: 1
    Options
  • Flying_Shadow
    Flying_Shadow Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

My initial request was accepted and I was cleared as a private user. As suggested, I then submitted the form again, this time I was able to include the I.D. of my two friends together with mine. The form was accepted by the system and I retained a PDF download. That was on July 12. I have heard nothing since. It was suggested that the process would take 4-5 days but we are now at 9 days. One of my friends could benefit from some assistance from me but the connection suggests he is a 'commercial' user, which he is definitely not. I am not sure what to do, if anything. Any guidance would be appreciated please.

• RossB
    RossB Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

• RossB
    Options

I have again been assumed to be commercial. I am simply a ham radio amateur radio enthusiast accessing my home computers. Amateur radio is by definition, not commercial and I do not ever intend to operate TM commercially.

I have requested a reset but have not received a reply. And I may have left out one ID number. But, all are on my account.

how do I have this reset? This is the second time this has happened. How do I request the robot not tag me again as suspected commercial??

thanks

• DaveLowe86
    DaveLowe86 Posts: 1
    Options

Teamviewer have locked me out because they suspect I am using my free account for business use. This is not the case and I only connect to my home computer. I can’t find a way to contact them to dispute this claim. Can anyone help please?

• Hekate
    Hekate Posts: 1
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi. My account has a pop-up now that says I've been using a free account for business purposes?...

But I have not. I use it for myself and my 80 year-old grandma, to drop in occasionally and help her with a few basic tasks that she struggles with.

Can you please...turn off whatever flag you have on my account that implies I have been using a free license incorrectly?

• AndyF49
    AndyF49 Posts: 0
    edited July 2022
    Options

• webregistrations
    Options

• RossB
    Options

I have the same problem. When and how do I reset?

• RossB
    Options

I sent my reset form several days ago with no response. I listed all but my iPhone as ID’s. How do I supplement my pdf reset request with this ID which is part of my account list.

I use the teamviewer only to control my personal home computers for the purpose of amateur ham radio which is necessarily private and cannot by law be commercial.

pleaee help me reset! Thanks

• prvandevelde
    prvandevelde Posts: 0
    Options

Good afternoon,

I've been trying to get access to my remote computers and I have that but it disconnect after 10 sec. I use my account to help my disabled brother and mother (89 years old) to use there computers. I've been asking to reset it for weeks now and already did ask it for 4 times. How long does it take?

Please please reset it!

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 895 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Thanks for the info!

You mentioned:

My Androïd using my WIFI

Could you please also try using the cellular service of your phone? Does the issue persist still?

Please also let us know who your Internet Service Provider is.

This information is useful, as some ISPs block all or some aspects of the TeamViewer websites and services:

Such blocks have caused certain aspects of our website to not operate correctly. While TalkTalk is the most known ISP that blocks TeamViewer, other carriers may implement similar restrictions.

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• exagonx
    exagonx Posts: 0
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi I have two laptops, the one I use at work has teamviewer with subscription and the one at home instead has a free version (I use the work pc to connect at home) today I left the work pc in the office and I wanted to use the one at home only which allowed me a 42 second connection and then ninte I had to download **Third Party Product** to remedy this emergency.

Is it possible that after 3 months of not using team viewer it gives me a connection of only 42 seconds?

A little annoying considering that my girlfriend had to buy a plane ticket to return and I could not access her PC, I'm starting to think that I switch to other providers of the same service but more efficient (even in terms of cheaper payment)

• evandromoreno
    evandromoreno Posts: 0
    Options

Hello,

I today submitted the Commercial Use Suspected reset request form for my free TeamViewer ID but latter found out that my parents's machine's TeamViewer ID was also flagged. Now I want to submit the request for their ID but once I go to the management reset page I can only download my own submission's pdf.

How can I create a second submission from my account or update the first submission to also include my parent's TeamViewer ID?

Thank you for any help the community can provide.

• Sheila1_
    Sheila1_ Posts: 1
    Options

I filled out the form but it DOES NOT generate the pdf. What can be done???

• Harv
    Harv Posts: 0
    Options

and get the message "unfortunately, we will have to limit your usage of TeamViewer because the usage pattern suggests that you have been supporting others professionally"

I have been using the free version for a number of years solely to help friends (one is 88-years old, with very little knowledge of computers) and have never received any payment.

• pvtpeter
    pvtpeter Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi All,

How can I remove restrictions on my account?

I only use TeamViewer in a home environment, I don't use it in business.

BR,

Peter

• RybaCZ
    RybaCZ Posts: 1
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hello,

I use the program non-commercially. Teamviewer blocks me and wants me to pay for the license. At the same time, using teamviewer non-commercially is a free.

I only have a short connection which is unusable. Can it be fixed?

Thank you.

Lukáš Rybka