Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Theo_M
    Theo_M Posts: 1

I only use TV to assist my mother or father because they are old and need assistance time to time. Yet, TV says I'm using it for business purposes. How can they say that and how can I fix it? I looked other apps up but didn't find any good one to help me.

• t0mer
    t0mer Posts: 1

Hello

in the last 2 weeks, I am getting "we will have to limit your use in Team viewer as your use seems to use for professional use"

Why is team viewer marking me as a company? This is a private account, and there is no response from their support team.

Can anyone help here? Thanks

• MaxCorfield
    MaxCorfield Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi All.

My personal TeamViewer account has become locked down and contently tells me I am using it for work purposes. It will disconnect my session after only a few minutes.

I have been using TeamViewer for a long time and it is strictly for personal use.

Am I able to get this reset?

• Blackthorne
    Blackthorne Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

Warned for what?! I filled out the form and you reinstated my private use status. I was just asking whether I had to somehow get access to my email to reinstate my account. To anyone else asking the question (given that I have never had a reply on this forum) no, you don't need to get into your email some other way: if you are re-approved for private use your account just starts working again without the limit.

• FeedmeLJ
    FeedmeLJ Posts: 1
    edited August 2022

I'm not a business, but I did have a lot of old computers on my account because I didn't realize how to take them off and I've been a TeamViewer user for over a decade. So there were many devices that were not in use at all. Anyways I figured out how to take them off but I still don't have access.

By the way, it's way too hard to figure out how to do regain access. I shouldn't have to come here and ask. If they're going to take away access that quickly, they should give me a quick way to let them know that that's not true right there and then. It shouldn't be complicated.

• nhamlin
    nhamlin Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

My free account disconnects my remote connection after 1 min. And it will not allow me to connect back. It wants me to purchase a commercial license. How can I get this corrected?

• graeaglebill
    graeaglebill Posts: 6 ✭✭

I've been a non-commercial TeamViewer user for years. Every once in awhile, I get messages that I've timed out or that my use in suspected of commercial use. I just use TV to help family members and a couple of novice friends.

I tried to use the TV user interface to "reset" my account, but got no response when I clicked on the "create and upload pdf". What response should I be expecting?

I have no idea what I might have been doing to cause my account to be flagged as suspected commercial use.

• olivierbr
    olivierbr Posts: 1
    edited August 2022

Hi,

I am really **bleep** by trying to get this working. I once paid 2 year for business license with very little or any use at all .. so I cancelled the subscription.

With another account (personal one), when I connect to one of my computers (after a year or two without using it), it first says :

as if some superior algorithm found that the usage I am making of it is professional .. by connecting ONE computer a year .. 🤦‍♂️

I still manage to get connected ... but like 30 seconds then the connection shuts down.

And then, I keep on getting messages like :

Even if I wait 10 minutes, I still get that message.

What the heck is going on ???!! How can such an application only rely on some shady algorithm and take it for granted

And the total absence of support of the company unless we pay 300 EUR for a year subscription shows the commitment level they put towards the users. If you want attention and answers, just pay upfront a LOT of money and then, we will eventually read you.

So the question is : how can I make that thing work (except by creating another account with another e-mail) ?

Rgds,

• graeaglebill

I've tried repeatedly today to reset the "timeout"/"suspected commercial" issue via Teamviewer's reset account form, but there's no response when I click on the "Generate & Upload PDF" button.

I'm "dead in the water" until I can get the whole issue resolved.

Is this a known problem? There seems to be some older dated posts but no solutions offered.

Thanks,

Bill Stanton

• TAJABOA
    TAJABOA Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

I eventually take the decision to not using teamviewer anymore [removed per Community Guidelines]. I'm closing my account now. No regret at all !

• Mike346
    Mike346 Posts: 1
    edited August 2022

I now and then (once a month) logged into my personal computer remotely to conduct maintenance but for the last few years, it keeps saying I am using the program for commercial use and drops my connection in 30s or less. I have tried all the suggestions I can find in the forum and online but no change. I am about to give up and switch to**Third Party Product**. Any new ideas? I am sure it is done on purpose so people will buy a plan.

• Daniel659
    Daniel659 Posts: 1

Why can't I use TeamViewer on my own devices anymore without paying? I never had an issue with this, and it is easy with TeamViewer to manage my other pc from my main pc without going on it.

• blackhat8287
    blackhat8287 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm trying to log in to my home computer from my workplace and it boots me out after 30 seconds due to "commercial use". Can someone from the TeamViewer team help me with this?

This happened a couple of years ago and someone from the support team whitelisted it, but now it's happened again.

• blackhat8287
    blackhat8287 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I keep getting dinged for commercial use even though I am only trying to access my home computer. Help!

• mrw423
    mrw423 Posts: 1

I help out my father who is tech-challenged and Team Viewer has cut me off and times me out saying that it views that this is commercial use. It is not.

They did this a few years ago and they were able to remove the 'block' but it has come back again.

What can be done about this?

Thank you

• tjwells
    tjwells Posts: 2 ✭✭

My teamviewer disconnects and won't allow me to reconnect due to licensing. I am a free user and just use teamviewer to access my home pc when I'm away from home, there is nothing commercial about what I am doing. Can I get this fixed?

• coolfede
    coolfede Posts: 1

I use Teamviewer at home because at the office we have the paid version.

At home I have 2 computers connected to the same network and I use Teamviewer maybe 2 twice a month for some operaiton.

Once very 3 month I connect to my father´s computer... and I´m getting a commercial use popup and being disconnected from that computer after a minute.

And what´s absolutely more annoying and made me decide to switch to another product as soon as our subscription is pais to Teamviewer, is that I keep getting a message saying that I can connect in 1 minute showing the current time plus 1 minute.

And this keeps happening on every connection... even thought I tried it 10 times already and kept gettign the same annoying message.

Has this happened to anyone else?

What other functional non annoying remote connection tools woud you recommend for personal and commercial use?

Thanks!

• nightheart
    nightheart Posts: 2 ✭✭

I keep getting kicked after 30secs to 1 min using the free version as well. I am a non-commercial user and have been for years.

My message says

Unable to connect

a connection could not be established. connection blocked.

you reached the maximum session duration to this teamviewer ID. Please try again later.

connections will be blocked until XX:XX (one minute later).

Anyone have a fix? I've called support and it just tells me to come here and hangs up.

• nightheart
    nightheart Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

Just wanted to follow up with everyone.

I reached out to support via the chat option and they still referred me here, so don't bother wasting your time.

I was not specifically flagged for suspicious commercial activity, however, I had them reset my non-commercial license through this link

fill out their form and it worked when i got home from work a few hours later. It may have worked sooner, but I didn't check until then. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Cheers!

• Telsmurf
    Telsmurf Posts: 1

I have the same problem. I am NOT using Teamviewer as a professional . Just privat.

Helping others with some RC timing program , or others helping me.

With me, it also like after 1 minute i am out.

So please make my account personla again. Need Teamviewer !!

• graeaglebill
    edited August 2022

I just had my account reset to non-commercial. I received an email telling me that my account had been reset, yet, only one of the ID's that I connect to DOES NOT time out after about a minute but all the others time out.

• Thank you DSperber. Well written. Just a heads-up that chrome browser would not work for me (chrome browser would not "...generate a white dropdown cell with the ID you've entered presented..."). I switched over to ms edge browser and following your instructions worked perfectly. Just waiting to hear back from TeamViewer 🙂

• Glinda
    Glinda Posts: 2 ✭✭

I've used this program for years and greatly appreciate it. I only help my mother who is 84 yrs old and we live in different states. I was flagged for commercial use and have tried to fill out that reset form but when I click on it to submit it does nothing. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I've even tried a different browser and that still didn't work. I really need to get this fixed my mom's computer upgraded to 11 and now her printer won't work. Appreciate any assistance.

• Glinda
    Glinda Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thank you for resetting my account to free it is greatly appreciated. :)

• Albrat
    Albrat Posts: 1
    edited August 2022

Yesterday.. My nephew got a new chromebook. He lives 30 miles away and asked me to take a look at installing the anti-virus remotely... I said "Sure give me 5 minutes and we'll do it through Teamviewer." I loaded up my teamviewer, updated to the newest version. AS I HAVE NOT EVEN LAUNCHED IT IN 5 MONTHS. Entered his ID and got instantly "Commercial Activity Detected" I told him to just drive over with the laptop it would be easier than using this pile of **bleep** anymore. When I want to use it.. IT never works. Now its broken when I wanted to use it...

Pointless program and to be honest... If you want to do commercial work... Just buy a copy of Win10 PRO !! it comes with a better remote desktop program built in. I am using win10 home - Which is non-commercial and therefore we need teamviewer like programs to do remote desktops... The commercial side of this program is a default in Win10 pro...

I guess I will just stop using it on my friends and family PC's. No point seeing those commercials, if the basis for using the program is not going to work.

Also I could not use this program commercially anyway... Its always **bleep** broken !! (Also I am un-employed and have no ties to anything commercially at all.)

• Wedtream524
    Wedtream524 Posts: 1

Hi. I have Free license non-commercial team viewer on my computer and when i access it on my phone it says "Commercial Use Detected..... (see attached image)". Its absolutely not commercial use. Its only for my personal computer. What should I do?

Only other thing I can think of is that a friend installed Windows Enterprise Edition. And maybe thats why?

Last time i used TV a few years ago, I didnt have a timelimit. Same computer, same download, and same app but different phone (i doubt its connected).

• SedonaRider
    SedonaRider Posts: 1

What triggers Teamviewer into thinking I am using the product professionally? I am a retired snow bird with two houses, one in Minnesota and the other in Arizona. I leave old PCs powered on at each location so I can access my Smart Home devices locally when there is a problem. Currently I have 3 devices, one PC in each location and a laptop I travel back and forth with. My usage of Teamviewer is infrequent as I do not have many problems I need to investigate. I can go several months without using it, but then maybe use it 3-5 times in one month. All usage is to support my own devices and there is no one else (a customer) involved. If I knew what was triggering this, maybe I could set up my system to avoid this situation.

• bgmiller
    bgmiller Posts: 2 ✭✭

I keep getting kicked off my connection because Teamviewer says it detects commercial use. I am only using Teamviewer to connect to my personal home computer.

• Drifdter
    Drifdter Posts: 5 ✭✭

have posted two posts, filled out and signed the form but still only get five minutes ? had no response to my second post on Aug 08. Please help.

• Rick_Lenovo1
    Rick_Lenovo1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I keep getting this error now and can no longer use the software free.

I'm a single user and typically access my main desktop from my laptop, sometime from my front porch, other times traveling.

Not sure how to address. not getting help from corporate.

thank you