Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Ikardia
    Ikardia Posts: 2 ✭✭

Używam codziennie bezpłatnej wersji teamviewera między 2 komputerami, w domu, w tej samej sieci internetowej. Od 2 dni wyskakuje mi komunikat o tym,że moje łączenie wskazuje na komercyjny charakter. Jak to jest w ogóle możliwe? Czy mogę to gdzieś zgłosić i wyjaśnić sprawę lub czy da się coś z tym problemem zrobić.

I use the free version of teamviewer every day between 2 computers, at home, on the same internet network. For 2 days I have been getting a message saying that my connection is commercial. How is this even possible? Can I report it somewhere and clarify the matter or can I do something about it?

• mshockle
    mshockle Posts: 1

Good afternoon,

I've been using a free teamviewer account for some time (albeit very rarely) but recently I've had to login to my home computer while at work like 2-3x a week to get something (as I dont want stuff like amazon shopping, or whatever) on my corporate network. This week I've been getting disconnected and seeing this

Please note, I am not doing remote assistance for others professionally (or otherwise). I've only been using this personally and while I get that using the free version of teamviewer is a privilege and not a right I'm concerned while I've been suddenly seeing these messages.

Only thing I can think of is like I'll start a session, browse amazon for a few mins then lock the account and disconnect and this makes it seem like i'm doing remote assistance.... odd.

• NF53
    NF53 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have been locked out by an erroneous 'suspected commercial use'

The reset form won't access my ID - which I am reading directly out of TV.

I have a 9 digit number in 3 groups of 3 - but it just says 'enter a valid ID' - so I can't submit the form.

Complete stalemate - how do I solve this?

Any help appreciated

• NF53
    NF53 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Well, it seems to be a Forum sin for failing to find the answer in some other post! sorry!

Anyhow, I've now answered my own question - the ID copy format includes unacceptable spaces - as simple as that.

• I have used Teamviewer for MANY years for personal use to help friends and family without issues on a free non-commercial license... Today when trying to help my father with an issue he has been having, I get timed out after 5 minutes and told i have to wait to reconnect or buy a license?!?! Why the sudden change here?

• matmax
    matmax Posts: 1
    edited September 2022

Hello. Every once in a while I get an error message telling me that TeamViewer detected that the account is being used commercially, and tries to force me to buy a license. In reality, the account is used by my son to play games on my personal computer, using a laptop. Why am I being blocked? What's triggering the lock?

There's a message that keeps locking me out for one minute, and one minute after that for a long time. Now, for example, it's saying that my session timed out because of being connected for a long time (It was my first logon of the day).

Thank you for your help!

• sasha2022
    sasha2022 Posts: 1

We are using Teamviewer to support the seniors, the handicap, the underprivilege and those who have no knowledge how to use a PC. We submitted the request to reset today. Could you advise how long does it take to reset please.

• Zogra
    Zogra Posts: 3 ✭✭

i tried to log in to my friends computer to fix some issues he had with hes computer but teamviewer closed the connection and a message poped that said something about commercial use detected. I am not using this commercially but as a home user trying to help my friend, can you help me?

• Zogra
    Zogra Posts: 3 ✭✭

Commercial Use detected/suspected

thats what it poped out, i am not using this commercially what is going on?

• I am trying to work in my office computer but unable to do that because the Team viewer is showing that I am using for commercial purpose. However, I am an academician and researchers working in government organisation of INDIA. How could I solve this issue

• czirlott
    czirlott Posts: 1
    edited September 2022

This is so aggravating. I had a teamviewer account for years, then suddenly it's flagged as commercial use. Teamviewer has no support, as far as I can see, for free users so I just made a new account. That account has lasted about a year and now flagged for commercial use again. WHY?!?!

Is there an alternative someone can recommend that is just like Teamviewer?

Thank you

• leftty86
    leftty86 Posts: 2 ✭✭

For some reason when I connect to my laptop using my mobile phone to check how my program is running it give me session timeout. And after that when I try to reconnect it gives me this:

"Unable to connect

A connection could not be established. Connection blocked.

You reached the maximum session duration to this TeamViewer ID. Please try again later.

Connections to this TeamViewer ID will be blocked until <currentTime + 1 minute>"

When I click the "More Info" button it opens a pop-up with the costs and benefits of a business plan, but I don't want a business plan because I am using team viewer strictly for personal use.

• Mwatts156
    Mwatts156 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

I have Free version that I use to assist my sister with her laptop, and occasionally a friend who has difficulty. I cannot now connect to my sister as I am being told that my current usage indicates I am using it in a commercial environment. I am not.

What's going on and how can I sort this out?

• ironbrad
    ironbrad Posts: 1

So...about a year ago, I kept getting commercial use messages...I filled out the paperwork, sent it in, and teamviewer fixed my issues...but now it's happening again...what a pain. can someone from teamviewer please fix this again...

• BK_47
    BK_47 Posts: 1

I had the same problem (i assist my father with his desktop), i filled out the form during the uninstallation but i didn't get any answer or solution...

• Mwatts156
    Mwatts156 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Why is it being left to the Community to answer, what about TeamViewer support, this appears to be non-existent.

• OMGGGGGGGG
    OMGGGGGGGG Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have filled out the "reset form" no less than 3 times, with all the correct information including TeamViewer IDs. However, even after I get an email notifying me my account has been reset, I still keep getting kicked out of sessions stating commercial use. What gives?

• Tried
    Tried Posts: 1
    edited September 2022

I have tried to remember how long ago I started using TeamViewer and could not remember if it has been ten years or maybe a little less. But in the past three years in my retirement i have not used it much but kept it updated in case i needed to use it to get into my desktop from my laptop or tablet. But now I am being accused of using it for commercial uses when I have not been using it at all. It hurts. I filled out the form and now I am waiting to see if they believe me or not. TeamViewer is a great help to me in so many ways in the past as i traveled and able stay connected to my desktop at home.

• sabrownie
    sabrownie Posts: 4 ✭✭

I submitted the "signed" .pdf and received confirmation of my account ID number being corrected on TV end and noted as "for personal use". That did not fix the problem so I have submitted a second "signed" .pdf listing both my ID and the remote computer's ID but am still waiting for a response. My suspicion, and hope, (although very cumbersome) is that in order to correct the problem we will be required to submit a signed .pdf for every one of the ID's that are shown on the computers we are attempting to remotely connect to. I'll post again if i my situation changes.

• sabrownie
    sabrownie Posts: 4 ✭✭

1-1/2 years ago I gave up after weeks of jumping through hoops to no avail. Been using Any Desk since with absolutely no issues. I suggest that you not waste any more of your time with teamviewer.

• System
    System Posts: 465 ✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Welcome to the TeamViewer Community.
  • otterit
    otterit Posts: 1

Same problem here. iPadOS.

• Bonzadog
    Bonzadog Posts: 28 ✭✭

Hello,

Windows 10 Pro, 32GB 8TB Disk

Someone, please advise on how to get a connection that used to run perfectly well until the new version.

Since the new version, I have yet again problems with the licencing .

When I connect to my Laptop on my local network (192.168.178.xxx) I now get

and should it connect

I get:

• Zwier
    Zwier Posts: 2 ✭✭

See attachments

How can I stop this

• cgstv0622
    cgstv0622 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

I have a free license and scrupulously respect the private/commercial use guidelines.

Team Viewer works perfectly between my 4 PCs in two distant homes, but I cannot access any PC from my iPad when not near one of the PCs. I can see my PCs in the TV iOS app and connect to any one, but the connection is lost after just a few seconds before I can do anything useful.

Is there a known way to get this resolved? Is there a way a free user can talk to TV support?

Any help greatly appreciated!