Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Galili
    Galili Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm a free Teamviewer user. Recently my account was blocked due to "Commercial use suspected" but I filled the form to unlock it and my account got restored. Now I get a different error

"It seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. Connection to this device requires a valid TeamViewer license for you or your connection partner."

Any idea what to do?

• whisper74
    whisper74 Posts: 1

good morning. i use my teamviewer to connect to my pc when out of home. from a couple of day request my to buy a license? how can i explain that it's for private use? thanks

• guidokieboom
    guidokieboom Posts: 1

I have similar issue. Did you get a response to your question?

• relhok
    relhok Posts: 2 ✭✭

trying to connect to someones computer but it keeps saying something about license. have always been using the free version. what do i need to do to fix and re establish a connection? i have always been able to connect before. have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and deleted and creating the teamviewer account. everything is working fine on my computer. cause i can remote other people fine. https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/ do i need to try this? anyways hope u can help. i cant remember the exact message when trying to connect.

• wiz9
    wiz9 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am getting this message when trying to connect to 1 of the computers in my household that's in my account: "a connection could not be established, it seems there might be a licensing problem, with your connection partner. connection to this device requires a valid team viewer license for you or your connection partner"

I barely use Teamviewer, and I haven't used this particular computer/connection over teamviewer in 4+ months. I am NOT a commercial user, I have NEVER had a paid commercial license. I have always been on "free". I am just a household user, I have it to troubleshoot all the computers in my house.

I am not having an issue why any other computer in my account, just that 1 computer. I have 6 computers in my account. I removed the one with an issue, and re-added it, problem continued.

• bstephenc
    bstephenc Posts: 1

I use the Free version of TV and have been receiving this error when trying to connect to a few family members computers, is there something I am missing?

A connection could not be established. It seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. Connecting to this device requires a valid TeamViewer license for you or your partner.

• maz3613
    maz3613 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Getting asked to upgrade after using for years free

• tiggerific
    tiggerific Posts: 2 ✭✭

I WOULD use the form to reset the ID at the fire station, BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!

I have to login first to use the form, then after logging in, it tells me my request has been submitted. How the heck do I request this for the ID at the other end when nobody can answer how I can reset the reset form so that I can use it again? I keep getting told to request help in the community forum, but the first part of this post says that they won't deal with anything related to the commercial suspected posts in the forum. There is NO WAY I can get to this form to submit the ID that I need reset.

• Loopie
    Loopie Posts: 2 ✭✭

I haven't used TeamViewer for some time, possibly years (I honestly don't remember the last time I used it). I decided to give it a try again. It had already been installed on the 2 computers. When I try to connect, I get the following message:

A connection could not be established. It seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. Connecting to this device requires a valid TeamViewer license for you or your connection partner.

What do I need to do to get it working again. FYI, it's a free license.

• ColinB
    ColinB Posts: 3 ✭✭

Since the latest version was installed, I am unable to connect to my partner's computer. One week ago everything was working fine, I haven't changed anything. they haven't changed everything but now getting error messages when trying to connect to either of two remote computers.

Until now I have just had to enter the PartnerID, click Connect then enter the screensaver password.

I can only assume that the update to the latest version is automatic as neither of us had consciously updated the software.

On one computer the message was that Windows password had not been enabled, so I had to get the user to change TeamViewer settings (which completely defeats the object of the programme) to Enable Windows login. TeamViewer then tried to impose rules as to the makeup of the Windows password.

On the other computer the message was "A connection could not be established. It seems there may be a licencing problem ......"

Colin

• ColinB
    ColinB Posts: 3 ✭✭

Since the latest version was installed, I am unable to connect to my partner's computer. One week ago everything was working fine, I haven't changed anything. they haven't changed everything but now getting error messages when trying to connect to either of two remote computers.

Until now I have just had to enter the PartnerID, click Connect then enter the screensaver password.

I can only assume that the update to the latest version is automatic as neither of us had consciously updated the software.

On one computer the message was that Windows password had not been enabled, so I had to get the user to change TeamViewer settings (which completely defeats the object of the programme) to Enable Windows login. TeamViewer then tried to impose rules as to the makeup of the Windows password.

On the other computer the message was "A connection could not be established. It seems there may be a licencing problem ......"

I see on here that this is not unique to me/us and that many others are facing the same difficulty with this updated version.

Can someone from TV help!!

• marcogaravello
    marcogaravello Posts: 3 ✭✭

Dear,

I have same issue and both client and server are located in Italy.

On mobile client I get this:

On desktop client this:

Please advise

Of course I'm using TeamViewer with free license for strictly private purposes (not business).

• marcogaravello

In addition I also updated desktop client to last version, and I get this:

What..?

• Ghoti
    Ghoti Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi guys. My free for personal use account got flagged for commercial use quite a while ago. I've filled out the form for false flagging and got an email saying that my account has been restored. However, when I try to connect to my computer from my iPhone it tells me there's a licensing problem with my connection partner. The email I received says that if i'm still having problems, it may be the 2nd device, but iPhones don't have a TeamViewer ID that i'm aware of because they can't be controlled. It also says to check to make sure I used the correct TeamViewer ID. It is correct so long as i'm supposed to be using the 10 digit number under where it says "Your ID." Any advice you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Where is the form? I know I have done this in the past, but can't find it now. My account must have been flagged as I was trying to help my mom remotely and it would disconnect in seconds after connecting. Please help!!!!

• Stecata
    Stecata Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

When I try to conect to my perconal PC ID [Information removed as Community Guidlines] , I can not, and I am receveing a mesage that use it for commercial usage , that is not tru.

Why?

• FabioFer
    FabioFer Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

Good evening, I have a problem with a computer, on which I used a corporate coorporate license, now I use a free license for private use, but I cannot connect to other PCs with a free license, I tried to uninstall and install team viewer, but the problem persists.

What can I do?

• artiz027777
    artiz027777 Posts: 1

Hello! Recently one of my devices got blocked at it said im using it for business or something, which is not true, as its just my other home pc. Usually few seconds were okay to me, but now i got blocked totally. Anything I can do?

• marcogaravello
    edited October 2022

Hello all,

I was warned to refer to what it's written in the first post of this discussion/thread. I suggest you to do the same (ask for IDs reset) to solve.

I did it and now let's wait, crossing fingers..

Bye

• dave_3434
    dave_3434 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I use the free version for access to my remote PC, and 2 laptops, one is only used for a small CNC in my garage all used only for Privat use, I recently got locked out on my remote PC, how do I reset or prove that Im not using any of these computers for commercial use ?

only thing I do on this PC is checking my work related emails but TeamViewer is not used for that.

• sharkotoo
    sharkotoo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hi there,

Recently, one of the workstations that I connect to stopped working. It attempts a connection, then subsequently fails. It appears to fail due to a "HighCommercialRating" error. As this is a private use license, I filled out the form and TeamViewer approved my private license within a day. So I expected this error to no longer occur.

Any ideas welcome. I've included the relevant (I think) log lines below.

Cheers!

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• Oscar_6
    Oscar_6 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

I can connect to my remote pc from any pc. Whenever I try to connect from my iPhone (ios 15) I cannot connect and get the attached message. I have latest TV version installed on all devices. Please help.

• paulflynn94
    paulflynn94 Posts: 1

hi

i know this post is very old but I'm getting the same issue as above right now connecting to any partner i am using TeamViewer non commercially only the free version and only helping friends for i.t needs at home i have already had my account reset 3 times as TeamViewer kept detecting commercial use and connection timeout even if my connection timeout settings is set to never please help its very frustrating now might have to use an alternative remote software as this keep happening it never used to. :(

• osiris12
    osiris12 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello. I've been using TV for years on PCs. Just recently i installed the the client on an iMac and wanted to connect to it through my pc. It shows up fine in my contact list (both iMac and PC are logged in with my account).

When I try to connect from the PC i get "...connecting to this device requires a valid teamviewer license ..." Strange.

I also have TV on my ipad pro and am able to login to the iMac without issue. But the PC cannot connect.

What am I doing wrong on the PC? Is it an OS thing?

• I have the same challenge, this is on the free version/Non commercial one. Any fix for this?

• ucluser
    ucluser Posts: 2 ✭✭

I can log into my computer from my remote ipad but Teamviewer will not allow me to log into my computer from my iphone. I get the message there is a licence issue. Can you help?

• psawjeff
    psawjeff Posts: 2 ✭✭

Using the free version I used to be able to connect to three different PC's from my app on iphone. For some reason it will only allow me to connect to two of them now. I get an error that says unable to connect. Problem with connection partner and requires a license. I haven't changed anything and it will still let me connect to two of them.

• CallMe
    CallMe Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

I have a Free version of Teamviewer on 3 computers. Version 15.35.5

When I try to connect I receive the following error message "A connection could not be established. It seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. Connecting to this device requires a valid Teamviewer licence for you or your connection partner."

Can someone explain what this means?

• kamalsalah
    kamalsalah Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

i can not use team viewer why licence problem?

• caratvr01
    caratvr01 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

I have been using Teamveiiewer over the many years without a commercial environment . Over the past month, I am not able to connect to my three home computers because my license is "not valid". I have tried to download teamviewer several times and get the same non-accessible message. Please review my account and please allow a free license thank tou [removed per Community Guidelines] . I can give you any further info if you need it . >>