Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• Kaka119
    Kaka119 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I got same today im use to check time to time my home nas and servers. Whey banned account for personal use of my own computers

• Popol
    Popol Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Finally found a link where you can request to reset this ==>

I apply with the French link ==>

You should be able to find the same in English or any other language.

So far the request is submitted but no answer yet.

Hope this will help you.

While posting, I was not authorised to post the links, so I tried to add them as text file attached.

So txt file, does not work, I put it as pdf.

• Sigfridoal
    Sigfridoal Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have been using Teamviewer's free licensing agreement for a long time. Recently, I've been getting notifications about them suspecting that I am using the product professionally, which is not the case since the only computers I have under my TV account belong to my relatives, like my son, brother, grandson, mother-in-law and even my ex-wife, and believe I do NOT get paid at all. All of these people rely on me to keep their computers updated in as much as the Windows O/S is concerned are they are terrified of screwing up or having to do anything with their respective computers. Let me reiterate, I only do it because they are family, yet I do not even get an invitation for lunch or any kind of remuneration. How should I go about letting the Teamviewer folks that I am NOT using the product as they suspect?

• Verschuren
    Verschuren Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same problem

• georgefc
    georgefc Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have used the free version of Teamviewer since 2011. I am an amateur astronomer and use it mainly to control the PC in my observatory at the bottom of the garden.

I also occasionally use it to help friends and family if they get computer problems.

Today I was trying to help a friend clear out space on her laptop and was stopped, with a "We detected you may be using the free version professionally" message.

I assure you, I have never received anything other than a verbal 'thank you' for my help!

I have found the Reset Management page but am at a loss what to enter in the ID number placeholder other than my username, georgefc or the ID number [removed per Community Guidelines]. I have checked emails from you and have never been sent any other numbers.

I attached a screengrab below.

Please can you advise?

Thank you,

George Carey

• Popol
    Popol Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

So I posted my reset request this morning, so far no answer.

Any idea how long it can take to be processed ?

Thank you.

• jctech2025
    jctech2025 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi All,

I'm using the app to remote into my own computer to monitor and maintain it. I usually have it connected throughout my workday so I can test things from my home machine as well. Lately I been getting this message saying my session time is going to expire because its says it appears that I'm using it to support devices commercially? Then sometimes is says I have exceeded my limit of sessions? All I'm doing is monitoring my own personal device. Anyway to stop this from happening? I decided to use Team Viewer instead of opening port 3389 to my home network.

Thanks

• georgefc
    georgefc Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I filled in 2 ID numbers, but the pdf only shows 1. Going back to the entry page just repeats that I have successfully sent the form. There does not seem to be a way to add IDs.

• Analogpanther
    Analogpanther Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Good afternoon,

Recently (today) my Teamviewer Free license is saying that it thinks I'm a commercial user (I'm not, at least not with this account, my employer was a previous subscriber). I use my personal account to connect to my own machines as well as family to help support them when I can't go to their locations and they need help. I am not using Teamviewer for business purposes. How can my account be reset?

• Landshark2007
    Landshark2007 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I went to use TV for the first time in months only to be advised that I must buy a license as I am being treated as a business user. I help two people (brother and sister) who are family friends and who are totally dependent on their computers to keep in touch. I have never charged for this, and have only ever used TV to help these two people. What is going on?

• BalboaCZ
    BalboaCZ Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I am using TV free, so I can check on personal stuff while I am at work. I don't use it for work or business, I use it to look at my home security system, personal email and banking that I can't do on my office system. For the last two days I have been getting an error saying that I am using TV for a business. How? Why? I have received no other notices. 90% of the time I connect between the same two systems. Occasionally I help friends troubleshoot problems they have at home. I am not running a business.

Why am I being punished for following the rules?

• BalboaCZ
    BalboaCZ Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I am using TV free, so I can check on personal stuff while I am at work. I don't use it for work or business, I use it to look at my home security system, personal email and banking that I can't do on my office system. For the last two days I have been getting an error saying that I am using TV for a business. How? Why? I have received no other notices. 90% of the time I connect between the same two systems. Occasionally I help friends troubleshoot problems they have at home. I am not running a business.

Why am I being punished for following the rules?

• saramsvsilva
    saramsvsilva Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Can someone tell me how to tell teamviewer that my account is not commercial? I keep being disconnected after 5 minutes, each time I get into my mother's phone. I receive the alert saying "your account seems for commercial use". It is not. I just want to help my family, I live abroad. But I have my mother's phone, my aunt's phone, my father's phone, my father's computer, my cousin. How can I prevent this from happening? I can't help them if I keep being disconnected every 5 minutes. And after retrying, the system simply blocks me. I'm a personal user!

• gpavar
    gpavar Posts: 1
    Options

Hello all

I am PhD student at the University of Edinburgh and I use TeamViewer to log into my university computer(s).

I mostly just log into the one at my desk and queue up data processing (it's much more powerful than the one I have at home), but lately have been able to use a different one that's even more powerful. I have also used my university laptop two or three times (to use the webcam as someone has been pinching stuff from our lab) but won't be using it much going forward.

I guess I left one or more connections (I only use one at a time) open a few too many times(?) because TeamViewer is now saying I'm supporting others professionally and my access has been restricted to 5-minute windows.

How do I get this flag reset?

Thanks for your help!

Anjali

• Fred64
    Fred64 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I think this may be a recurrence of "Suspected Commercial Use" I encountered on my account back in 2019. I can't find the Question I had that resolved it, probably deleted by now.

I'm a retired (since 2008) IT guy and an Army Veteran. I help out older folks and Vets with issues on their PCs, with retirement and VA forms, lost/forgotten passwords (happens a lot with the older folks) and PC repairs. I don't charge them money. These folks are pretty much non technical, but need technology in this day and age (to complete forms, banking, eMail, access services etc.). For me its better than sitting around watching TV and fun to help get them going, when issues arise and TeamViewer and TeamViewerQS is often a critical part of that. More folks get my name all the time, so it keeps me pretty busy.

It was told it was resolved (ticket # [Removed as Community Guidelines] -- based on an email from TeamViewer Service on Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 11:21 AM) Which said

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

Unfortunately, the eMail can't be replied to, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Not sure what happened to my account. Maybe the allow free status expired on my account. Or, maybe its because I replaced my PC a few months ago. I'm not sure how the ticket was opened and I got the permission back then, hard for us older folks to remember all the details, but I do recall this forum helping me out back then.

• Adlon
    Adlon Posts: 1
    Options

I just recently in the last week stated getting the 5-min timeout (commerical use detected). I don't use it for commerical purposes. I've reset my account (now for the 3rd time), but I continue to get timed out. Is there something else that needs to be done? If the time-out is here for good, i hate to do it because i love TeamViewer, i may have to switch to something else. Please help if you can. Your remote software is the best.

Thanks!

• tmb123
    tmb123 Posts: 1
    Options

Having similar issues to everyone else. Unfortunately, form is not working for me. I fill out, sign, and try to click the generate and upload PDF button, but system does nothing.

• Masetime
    Masetime Posts: 1
    Options

Hi,

My personal account has been flagged for business use and it isn't. I connect remotley to my home lab and have used team viewer for years to do so. Can this restriction be lifted please?

• IAF75
    IAF75 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

My parents, who are over 80 years old, live in Spain and I live in Latin America. I have always used the free version of Team Viewer to solve their problems, can't connecting Skype, etc but today I have had problems because Team Viewer cuts me every 5 minutes because it says that the use I make is commercial, is it an error in the new update or how can I solve it?

• Mishkacat
    Mishkacat Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Been using TV for many years but it now seems to be very poor.

I have been locked out/restricted from my free account as a suspected commercial user - I support two elderly people a few times a year - that's all.

I have followed Teamviewer's support suggestion to go to the reset page but entering the required info doesn't work - clicking "Generate PDF and upload" does nothing so I am stuck.

Does anyone know how to resolve this as it is very frustrating!

• Tian_USTC_UCHC_3026
    Options

I just use it in my lab to control the different data computers, is an educational user not a commercial. Can you cancel this forbidden for my account?

• 1st_Corps
    1st_Corps Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Plz help.

A few days ago Team viewer began kicking up a message that it thinks im using for commercial purposes and im not....how to fix?

• 1st_Corps
    1st_Corps Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 17
    Options

Just an FYI to team viewer. You have about 30 min before i dump team viewer for **Third Party Product**. After years of personal use and I'm now being interrupted by you bogus excuse. If you think for a millisecond id purchase this when what i see is your greedy attempt to force a purchase, THINK AGAIN....in fact i will purchase the full **Third Party Product**......to spite you. You've been warned. Either fix immediately or i will have my entire gaming community i assist daily all switch to **Third Party Product** and dump your product and then we will trash team viewer in our many circles.

Clocks ticking.....balls in your court.

• WestsideBurns
    WestsideBurns Posts: 1
    Options

I recently started getting a pop up when connecting to my own machines (Downstairs to an upstairs machine). The notification says there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. Connecting to this device requires a valid TeamViewer license for you or your connection partner.

What is causing this? I have five PCs that I connect between, all in my house.

• TheRocco
    TheRocco Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Now i get retricted again even if i only use it as private and not commercial :(. How do i get teamviewer to remove it so i can start things for my children again?

• teamvieweruser_123
    teamvieweruser_123 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

support ticket request are throwing some SSO 2.0 error and once again i have been labelled as a commercial usage account. Can anyone help ?

• Kelemvor
    Kelemvor Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

What the heck does this mean? Can't seem to contact TV directly any more so hopefully someone here can fix the problem? sigh

Wasn't connected to this machine. Tried to connect and got a weird error. A minute later it disconnected me. Now it says something about a timeout. Every time I try to reconnect it just updates the time and says it will be blocked until 1 minute from now.

• Lisbethn00__
    Lisbethn00__ Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

History:

Again I'm blocked from Teamviewer. Strange that your setting of me to private, non-commercial usage is removed again and again.

best wishes, Tore

On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 18:46, Tore [Removed as Community Guidelines] wrote:

Hi, Im still helping friends or relatives in my free time and do not receive any money for it.

But again you are making troubles for me, cutting my sessions to 5 min, and suspecting me of using it professionally.

Pls can you correct this again

Regards, tore

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 at 22:40, Maria [Removed as Community Guidelines] wrote:

Dear User,

Thank you very much for your message.

I set your ID to private, non-commercial usage because I believe you that you do only use TeamViewer for private use.

So you are now able to use the free, non-commercial version again.

Please keep in mind:

TeamViewer is only free for private, non-commercial use.

If you want to use TeamViewer commercially, please buy a license.

The free version can only be used in a private environment - for example if you help friends or relatives in your free time and do not receive any money for it.

Commercial use is every usage in a business environment. This means, if you use it at work or support customers and colleagues, it will be commercial usage. Therefore, you are not allowed to use the free version of TeamViewer in any office environments. As soon as one of the PCs participating in a session is connected to a commercial network (office/school/etc.) it is considered commercial use.

If you have any further questions or require further information, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

[Removed as Community Guidelines]

Support Engineer

-----------------------

TeamViewer GmbH * Jahnstr. 30 * 73037 Göppingen * Deutschland

Handelsregister: Ulm HRB 534075

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Gaiser

Ticket ID: [Removed as Community Guidelines]

• aksimann
    aksimann Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I help my 92-year-old mother, my sister, 2 neighbors and some retired friends without financial compensation.

Teamviewer says I'm running a business and has limited my options. For example, I can't help them well because of the restriction.

What should I do, who should I contact?

Thanks for the help!

• Asmi123
    Asmi123 Posts: 1
    Options

My Teamviewer free account is saying " Connection blocked after timeout". Could you please let me know the reason behind this and help me fix the issue? I appreciate your help.

Regards

Asmita