Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• dftfwip
    dftfwip Posts: 5
    edited October 2023

Just-recently I started getting "COMMERCIAL USE SUSPECTED" in the TeamViewer app on my Android phone whenever I connect to my Windows 10 Home laptop.

I submitted the reset request, and got an e-mail back [removed per Community Guidelines] saying "We have successfully reset the TeamViewer ID(s) you submitted via the form provided earlier. We acknowledge that you are using TeamViewer for private use only on these devices."

However, I am still getting the "COMMERCIAL USE SUSPECTED" message. :(

The two IDs I submitted are definitely correct.

Anything I can do now (seeing as I cannot submit another reset request, as when you go to that webpage now, it only offers me to download a copy of the PDF, but there's no option to submit a reset request again)?

Thanks

• I sent a licence free user reset-form in 2021, i have since then bought a new computer and i am now (again) suspected of commericial use, i use my computers privately and i am disabled so this is a false detection. Since i sent in a form in 2021 i cannot send in a new one now, please remove the previous form so i can fill in a new one, when i try to do so now im only met with a "thank you for submitting the form" just like it did when i sent one in 2021.

• MG010
    MG010 Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue. I had the commercial use suspected for a while so I did a reset in the beginning of September.

Received an email at the 12th that the reset was successfull.

However I still get the message and can only use teamviewer for up to 5 minutes.

When I try to reset again I only get this link to download the PDF of the last reset. Even after clearing cookies and cache, on a different browser and on a different machine.

Please fix the commercial use message and the reset form as the software is not usable for me right now.

Thanks in advance,

Max

• Posting this just in case this helps anyone else here.

The main knowledgebase article around resetting TeamViewer for personal use (I cannot link to it as URLs are against the rules, but it's the one titled "⚠Commercial use suspected" written by "JoshP" and was last-updated on "May 15, 2023") is rather-poor at explaining all of the various TeamViewer IDs you need to submit.

Please be aware that on Android and iOS there are two separate TeamViewer apps: "TeamViewer Remote Control" which lets you connect to other devices AND "TeamViewer QuickSupport" which allows people to connect to your Android or iPhone. EACH APP USES ITS OWN, UNIQUE ID (unlike say on Windows where the "Full Client" supports both incoming and outgoing connections in the same app).

In the main "TeamViewer" Android or iOS app, it's rather-hidden. You need to go into the Settings screen of that app (via the ⚙ in the top-right on Android, or "⚙ Settings" in the bottom-right on iOS) and then scroll to the very-bottom of that screen to find a rather-hidden "TeamViewer ID" there.

When you submit your IDs in the reset-process, be sure to include that one! If you tap "Open QuickSupport", the ID you then see is only valid for that separate app, not the one you were just in! You'd think TeamViewer could write their article to make it clearer both app uses a separate ID, and where to find them! 🙃

• Just in case this helps anyone else.

Be aware that on Android and iOS, there are two separate TeamViewer apps: "TeamViewer Remote Control", which lets you remotely-control other devices, and "TeamViewer QuickSupport", which allows other people to connect to your phone (or tablet).

EACH APP HAS ITS OWN, UNIQUE ID and you need to submit both when requesting a reset. (It's not like the "Full Client" for Windows, macOS or Linux where it's just one app, with one ID!)

In the "QuickSupport" app, the ID is the one displayed next to "Your ID", above the "Send My ID..." button.

In the "TeamViewer" app, you need to go into the Settings screen (the ⚙ in the top-right on Android, or bottom-right on an iPhone or iPad) and then scroll to the very-bottom and you'll find a hidden "TeamViewer ID" there.

Be sure to include both IDs if you use both of those apps on an Android or iPhone/iPad device! I missed the one in the main "TeamViewer" app myself as I didn't know it was there!

• Vlame
    Vlame Posts: 1

Hello everyone, a couple of days ago my account got marked for using Teamviewer for commercial use. I only use my account privately so luckily my id's got reverted to personal.

When I got the message, I was connected to the wifi of my college.

Could this network be the reason that I got this detection?

• Hi, I use the free version of Teamviewer and I keep getting the Commercial use suspected message, I submitted the form to get it reset last week with some Teamviewer ID (friends and family ID) but I still get the error, and I want to submit the form again with different ID's but I cannot seem to submit another form, as it just goes to the page saying...

Thank you, your request was submitted successfully.

Please download the generated PDF for your records.

I did receive a message saying the ID's I listed on the form have been reset but I am still getting the error on my home PC.

How can I submit the form again with different ID's (my home PC)?

Thanks

• Looks like I am one more person having the issue :-(

Any idea if the TeamViewer team is looking into this and maybe have an estimate time for the resolution?

I too was able to submit a form once, received the confirmation that my usage was indeed for "private use only" (8 days ago) but soon after got the "false positive" again. I cleaned my managed machines thinking that, maybe, there is a limit of 10 (I had 15) . So I was able to remove 5 of these machines since they are old ones and not really needing remote access anymore but it did not change anything. I would like to re-submit all the IDs for my active 10 machines but, as everyone else, I can't re-submit the form again and instead go directly to the "please download the PDF..." page instead

• Apologies, I forgot to terminate my previous post with a : Thank you!

Thank you :-)

• If I use the Teamviewer 15 app, and connect to my Mom's computer...after about 10 seconds it disconnects. I have it validated and verified that this is my only connection that I use this for under the Free License.

If I use the web interface, this connects flawlessly and without troubles. It's just the version 15 app on Windows 10 Home that's the problem right now. Had no trouble a week ago.

If I try to reconnect it says that I need to upgrade and all future connections would be blocked.

• first i just started getting a warning about they suspect im using the free version commercially. Well its not that. Im trying to connect to devices and computers that are on my list and its just not letting me connect. I can remote between my mobile and my home computer. I used to be able to connect to my mothers remotely when she needs help. My tablet i cant remote in to control. I followed the instructions on how to connect to android tablet but all i can do is chat with the support app addon. Anyone know what im talking about. This app used to be so easy to use.

• Does anyone get a solution from TeamViewer's support related to this issue?

• BTY, I have this issue in the Free License (personal use only)!!!

• Hi,

I am using teamviewer to help my grandparents my parents and i am using it to manage a few servers that i own.

Now i am again suspected of commercial use.

can this be reversed?

greetings from henri

• I have a similar problem. My account was flagged as being used for commercial purposes, so I filled out a form to reclaim my free account. However, I didn't properly understand how to list all the IDs I use, so I only provided my main ID (the one I use to connect to other computers, such as my old PCs, laptops, my family's computers, and my Raspberry Pi).

Later, I wanted to edit my reclaim request to include all the other IDs, but the webpage only allows me to download the already filled PDF. There doesn't seem to be any way to edit or add additional IDs. Is there any solution to this? It has been three weeks.

Thank you

• Hello All,

I got tagged as Commercial Suspected and did the Reset and that's all fine, however I forgot to add one of my machines to the list so it still gives a warning when I try and use it. I went back to the Reset page and it won't let me submit another request for that ID. It says "PDF Submitted" instead of showing the button to start the Reset.

Is there any way to add this ID to my approved list ? It's a computer I use a lot so it's frustrating and I don't want to abuse my free license by keeping using a license that's tagged commercial.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jim

• TeeC
    TeeC Posts: 5
    edited October 2023

TeamViewer detects the connections that you have and tries to determine if you are using it commercially or not. I'm not sure what they base this on, but it's clearly very flawed.

You could try logging in here (Reset Management - TeamViewer) and then submit a support ticket and include your Teamviewer ID and ask them to unlock your account from the commercial use detection. Explain what you do use it for and who the other computers are that you connect to.

• Hi, please can you help. I am trying to reset my account, I have cleared cookies etc. When I contacted teamviewer and filled the form out because they incorrectly said I was using it commercially, they reset my account, but I only gave them one ID, I didn't realise that you had a different ID for another computer, but each time I try to tell them again and resend the form with my other ID, it tells me the form has been submitted successfully, but this is from the previous time, I cannot resend the new form with both of my ID's, therefore I cannot use teamviewer at all. Many thanks, Steve

• goddies
    goddies Posts: 2
    edited October 2023

I need to fill in the form at teamviewer.com/en/reset-management

I want to submit another form, but I can't because the phrase "Thank you, your request was submitted successfully. Please download the generated PDF for your records." keeps popping up.

• Could someone from Teamviewer please answer these questions. I like many other submitted a form for one device but now I need to go back and resend the form for multiple devices but all I can do is download the existing PDF. I cannot submit a new form please advice is there someone that can help

• my program keeps limiting me to 5 min it states commercial use suspected i put in the request to have it reset i received an email saying that it had been reset but it has not and i am unable to get back to request the reset it again when i try it gives me the previous request

• Many moons ago I had to leave the TV-o-sphere because I kept getting the message that my usage was not within the guidelines of a free account. Mostly my mother needed help, and from time to time a friend. I had one headless computer in my house that I used, too.

I liked TV. It worked well. During that time I caught, documented and reported many bugs.

As I remember, I was well within those limits, so I filled out the form, again and again and again. For a while, filling out the form worked, but then no longer. Thus I moved on. One thing I discovered is that ssh can be very powerful.

Today I received an email "Congratulations! You've been promoted to Digon" which piqued my curiosity and found I could still log into the forum. I have no idea what a Digon is.

What is disturbing is that TV still has my information. I would ask them to purge my information, but, like most companies, TV probably does not have the software nor the inclination to do so. I assume this because of the lack of response I got those many moons ago.

I wish TV all the best, and you, the reader.

-OSD

• I run a non-profit service for senior citizens, in which I help them with computer problems without the need for them to pay large amounts of money for a technician.

I can reach all my contacts with TeamViewer and it works fine. However, there is this one 95-year-old woman that every time I connect to her in TeamViewer, it connects, then disconnects after 5 minutes. It is the same every time. She only has the one computer, so I cannot try it on other machines. This also happens when I connect to her via my laptop as well as my android tablet.

Ideas?

Note: I do not have a paid license, since I do not charge anybody, I use the free one. Again, this problem is ONLY happening when I connect to a specific person's computer.

• amaugaotega
    amaugaotega Posts: 1
    edited October 2023

Hello i have a issue with teamviewer , they blocked me , saying im using it for business , but its personal , right now i hardly use teamviewer , right now its **Third Party Product**, but i love to used teamviewer , is there anyway to have them remove that blocked. thanks

• nawafa
    nawafa Posts: 2

It says your license maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. why this happned? it seems forcing me to buy license for personal use?

• nawafa
    nawafa Posts: 2

Please let me know if there is a solution, so i can move to another free remote control.

• Jan53NL
    Jan53NL Posts: 1
    edited January 17

Dear TeamViewer community,

Could someone please help me with re-setting an ID which is at the moment blocked because of suspected commercial use?

I think I made a stupid mistake. I wanted to install TeamViewer on a second laptop and thought that I had to request for a new user account on that laptop. Therefor I used the name “Bridge” and also an email address [removed per Community Guidelines] which is in the meantime not in use anymore.

I used the name Bridge because we were intending to use TeamViewer while playing bridge with friends. I think because of this name commercial use was suspected. As far as I have learned in the meantime, I could have asked for a second ID under my own already existing account.

I cannot fill in the request form for the new account (no working mail address) and for my own account it says: request already submitted. I cannot fill in a new request.

The ID I would like to ask for a reset is: [removed per Community Guidelines].

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Jan de Vries

• hello

he tells me that I use it for commercial use while I just use it to connect to my computer how can I get it to put me back in private use?