Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• zyxxy
    zyxxy Posts: 1
    edited December 2023

Ditto here with no way to contact support I guess its time to find a replacement.

This is a shame and as in the past before I retired I had actually paid for the commercial version.

In the last year I have maybe done 10 sessions with my elderly mother to help her not be a victim to scammers and generally show her how to returns items she had bought on line and 1 session to my brother in law who was abroad and could not get his email on his laptop.

How in **bleep** this is supposed to be comercial use is beyond me.

Its just an excuse to get people to play for their now extremely expensive software.

• Yep. Same here. And several years ago I went through the whole print-out-and-sign process for confirming free use only. Still getting tossed after just five minutes. My senior parents are well confused now. Teamviewer, you have a problem.

• amnag007
    amnag007 Posts: 1
    edited December 2023

Hi, Somehow recently I am getting message saying limited usage as pattern it is observed I am doing some support but which is not right. I am helping my parents from India to connect **Third Party Product** for weekend calls as they are not Computer aware. How do I submit request to remove this limited usage restriction ? Please do needful.

• Hello Teamviewer I am using your free product to help those in need of technical support,

I am a 2nd-year university student studying computing so know a fair bit about computers in general etc and I can help them.

I am not doing this for a commercial purpose - it is simply to diagnose and help solve problems with people that I know and care about.

What can I do to resolve this issue? Thank you.

• This is a follow-up to my comments yesterday, 12/9:

I was very surprised to find a reset notice in my Inbox this morning, dated 12/9 @ 6:13PM MST. While appreciated, it did come with some very sticky advice. I was not permitted to post anything on this forum with a live link, so I took a screenshot to post below. The "If you think... link is [ community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/4712-what-is-private-use ] you must add the https:// to the front of it.

See below:

Good luck...

• when I login,It show this dialog panel,And none of my computer has being logged in!

• I got the suspected commercial use pop-up warning last September 2023, but I was still able to connect to my home computer from my girlfriend's computer without timing out.

I filled in the TV form to request a reset and I eventually got an email from TV saying that my ticket had been processed. I still kept getting the same pop-up warning message, so I simply replied to the TV email asking them to stop the pop-up message. Soon after the pop-up message stopped.

Then, in early December 2023, the pop-up message came back again, but I could still have a connection to my home computer which would not time out.

As of December 9, 2023, I started having my connections limited to a few minutes.

Like everyone else in this thread, I can't fill in a new form to request a reset for the second time, because it immediately makes the original request form from last September available for downloading.

I am a non-commercial who has been retired for 18 years.

Perhaps the only thing different about my personal use is that I tend to connect to my home computer a dozen times a day just to monitor my emails.

Recently, I connected to a friend who has an old version of TV which she never uses. The only reason that she installed TV on her computer was that my friend's accountant wanted to remotely connect to my friend's computer using TV.

I have no doubt that the accountant had a commercial TV licence.

But if the accountant, who has a commercial licence, connects to my friend, who has a free licence, and then I, who has a free licence, connects to my friend, then are we all flagged by TV as being part of a family made up of both commercial and free users?

If so, that makes me guilty by association with someone who didn't know the real status of her free TV licence.

Be careful who you connect to or you may lose your free TV licence.

• Same with me as well. I only ever use it to manage three computers in my own home but all of the sudden I'm limited. I have never connected to any machines other than those three, and not even that frequently lately. Like once every two weeks on average?

I don't know how they get "you're supporting professionally" from that.

• Same here, limited connection time of a few minutes started on Dec 9, 2023,

About 2 weeks ago, the commercial use suspected pop-up message started again after a successful reset last September, but my connection time was never limited at any time in the past.

• SCDinVan, thanks for the link. Like Jorgisimo I have filled out the reset form also.

It says a reply should be received within 5 days so we will see.

• I am a gamer using flight simulation programs. I occasionally help other gamers with installation and other issues at no cost. I accidently did not end a session a few days ago and my friend forgot to disconnect as well. I have been accused of being a professional for profit and have been banned from using TeamViewer. Will my rights ever be reinstated? They are suggesting that I purchase a subscription. I simply can't afford that as a senior on a fixed income. Any help is much appreciated.

• Hello Teamviewer,

I am using your free product to help my in-laws who are technically challenged.

I mainly connect to my parents computer to help them and set it up for automatic login since they have trouble with passwords.

I am not doing this for a commercial purposes. I use TeamViewer to help them login to their accounts and check their records. Can you tell me what I am doing that makes TeamViewer think I am a commercial user? I often help them a few times a week but they need help.

What can I do to resolve this issue? Thank you.

• dscha
    dscha Posts: 1

Same here. I helped a friend with her private homepage. After a few minutes i was kicked out. I used TV last time a few months ago. Please advice

• It makes no sense at all. Can someone reach them somehow. Free licensed user can't open a ticket. Do they even have an email adress or something?

• I think I'm done with TV. I've been using it from early days. But now, no option to send ticket, stupid browser "security" confirm every time to login, stupid stupid stupid.

Please TV, delete me.

• Same here....what is happening? Are we not able to use this product for personal use?

• TeamViewer has wrongly accused me of supporting business use and limited my connection time. How do I fix this?

• Thank you for the info, I submitted a reactivation request. I apologize, what did I do wrong, to get a warning?

• It appears as though its time to abandon this platform.

• Wow, and now a "you've been warned" notice as their way of saying they were consolidating threads.

Hey, TeamViewer, you're really alienating people here.

I get y'all want to get cheaters and bad actors dealt with, but this broad net policy you seem to have going on is clearly smacking a lot of innocent hands.

• Im using TeamViewer for a student project and now every time I use TeamViewer I only get access for 5 minutes because of "commercial use". How can I undo this?

• Jannik2134
    Jannik2134 Posts: 2
    edited December 2023

Im using TeamViewer for a student project and now every time I use TeamViewer I only get access for 5 minutes because of "commercial use". How can I undo this?

• Unfortunately, I have been using the program for more than ten years, and now the company is tightening its noose to force us to subscribe even though I use it as a personal home within a home network to help my parents. Please reconsider this policy.

• olrose
    olrose Posts: 1
    edited December 2023

dear teamviewer

I am a graduate student using teamviewer.

Although I have been using the remote connection necessary for my studies without any problems (such as remote access from home on a sick day), I have been restricted from using it for commercial purposes.

I don't know what behavior led to this decision, but I have never used TeamViewer commercially.

I would like to ask you to confirm this and thank you for the fact that the free service provided by TeamViewer is of great help to student users like me.

thank you :)

• MsTS
    MsTS Posts: 8

How do you know if you are being flagged for commercial use ??? I still cannot get to the bottom of what my issues are nor have I been told anything.

I have complained about being connected remotely for barely 1 minute which makes no sense. I have requested reset twice based on a suggestion of someone else which I don't even know why.

Just not getting any real answers here and trying to connect is becoming more and more annoying.

• Paco31
    Paco31 Posts: 2
    edited December 2023

I received the "Commercial-suspected" PDF, what should I do now?

thank you

• jcmarathon
    jcmarathon Posts: 4
    edited December 2023

Thank you! I filled out the form provided for reset request. However, when i click GENERATE AND UPLOAD there is no indication that the form has been submitted. Should I get some type of indication that the request was submitted?

• dolis01
    dolis01 Posts: 2
    edited December 2023

Every year I have a commercial use detected on my TeamViewer account and it's impossible to follow the reset procedure. It refreshes the page when I click on the button but does not display the form to perform the reset.

It's impossible to get assistance on the online chat or by phone; they tell me to post here...