Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• condy
    condy Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

i was a long time user of the free version for occasional remote management of my PC when traveling etc. it had been working well for years with no issues until the end of 2023 when it started giving messages of "non commercial" use when there is clearly none of that with my occasional usage. reading the many forums out there confirmed many users' belief that the company is trying hard to "force" free users to become paying users through these cynical methods.

well, i have to say this cynical effort by Teamviewer actually made me look into other alternatives out there and i am glad to be no longer using Teamviewer but other free software which provides the same or better functions while being free forever with no cynical attempts to push people into paid subscriptions.

thks for the free usage while it lasted. for those still getting these messages, my suggestion is to start trying other free alternatives out there and u will be surprised how many that are available. it is the right of the company to monetise as much as possible but it is also your choice to continue to be annoyed by these efforts to limit free usage or change to a truly free alternative with no strings attached.

enjoy..

• condy
    condy Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

lol apparently sharing your experience with the community is not an acceptable post (see above warned for no reason)

anyway bye bye Teamviewer and hello to the better alternatives out there.

• flaviobroma
    flaviobroma Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Team viewer support, i have the same issue, as TOO MANY PEOPLE, from TOO MANY MONTHS ago..

incognito browser, cache cleaning, new PC, old PC, .. i still can't fill out the form as, as soon as i log in, the Webpage SKIP the step of asking to fill the form.. and give me the old already filled PDF that i filled months ago..

i cannot raise a ticket as i am a free user, when i try to chat with you guys you send me to the community (HERE), here you do not answer this post that has TOO MANY PEOPLE from TOO MANY MONTHS ago asking for as solution to a CLEAR BUG/PROBLEM..

in short it seems that you do not care about the FREE USERS that discovered and made you software visible and known around the world..

THANK YOU!

• flaviobroma
    flaviobroma Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 15
    Options

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• Andronamous10
    Andronamous10 Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Guys,

I'm just wanting to tweak a setting or two as necessary to be able to access my work computer from home remotely.

I have the free subscription, and it has always worked really well over the years.

But at some point over the last few months, something has changed and now it will auto log me out of the work computer around 60 seconds after signing in every time.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it to stop auto disconnecting?

Thanks in advance!

• yesman
    yesman Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi all,

i can login to my account, but i cant remote to my home desktop. it keeps shows the "starting remote session" and that's it. i have uninstall and reinstall teamviewer on PC (home) and Mac, it was working before xmas. i have try different internet connection even hotspot from my cell phone.

Today i got the new pop up " It seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner" i guess i login too many times on different devices.

any idea? i only need to remote my home pc without business use

• NanaFlo
    NanaFlo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 17
    Options

**bleep** Teamviewer bots decided I was using it for profit because one of my friends bought a Windows 11 PRO laptop from WALMART an d restricted my free account - I have NEVER used it for profit, and now I can no longer help my friends and family if they get stuck.

How do I get them to release the restriction because they say they don't provide support for free accounts.

I have landed in a Catch-22

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bradmacoz
    bradmacoz Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

Same here, submitted a reset 2 months back and they were successful unlocked but forgot one unit, now unable to have the last one reset as it keeps submitting the form from 2 months back... TM doesn't seem to be giving any help... I know it free, but I've waited 2 months thinking they might clear up the issue they OBVOIUSLY have with resets but going by the number of comments here, no

• bradmacoz
    edited January 16
    Options

Hi @Ying_Q

Thanks for your reply.

My email address is [removed per Community Guidelines]

Regards

Brad

ps. Community Guidelines??? "bradmacoz was warned for this." I don't understand! I made NO statement that wasn't true, didn't swear, didn't have a go at any person... HUH?

• bradmacoz
    edited January 16
    Options

Thanks for your help Carol/TeamViewer and the explanation of the 'warning'... :-)

Yes, I was able to resubmit the form from the link you supplied... Thanks!!!!!!!

Brad

• Olivia124
    Olivia124 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

"I'm encountering a similar problem. I've already submitted a form, but I'm unable to submit another one. Despite providing the details requested by Ying Q in support, my community posts and DMs seem to be ignored. This issue is affecting numerous users, and it appears to be a website-related problem. This situation is causing significant challenges for individuals relying on TeamViewer for family support."

• Abhishekbhakat
    Abhishekbhakat Posts: 1
    Options

I'm getting suspected commercial use in everytime I'm connecting to a PC. Can someone help in determining what may be causing this ?

• Kauy_1975
    Kauy_1975 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    Good afternoon, I receive the message that I use Teamviewer for commercial use but it is wrong. I use it for personal purposes. What should I do? Thanks

• AZMoosie
    AZMoosie Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

The Company is causing it. Read through the thousands of posts....

• GaryDZ
    GaryDZ Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited January 22
    Options

For some reason I just received an e-mail from Teamviewer saying I have been “been promoted to Molecule” and I should check it out.  

I stopped using Teamview a few years ago because the company kept flagging my account as Commercial Use. From the Forum messages, it seems they are still flagging accounts right and left. 

I am not an IT professional, I am a healthcare provider---who is good with computers. I have 3 or 4 people who I sometimes help when their computer is not working correctly… mostly my 88 year old father. 

Teamviewer became so unreliable that I had to switch to **Third Party Product**. Which was difficult for them. 

Teamview is an amazing product and I know they were not making any money off of me… but I was a great word of mouth advertiser for them. That all stopped when my account was blocked several times in a year and I had to teach my father how to use a new product.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• Patient
    Patient Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hello. I have downloaded and filled in a document with a signature to prove that I do not use Team Viewer in a commercial connection. Where and how can I send this document back to Team Viewer? Wh Peter

• Shlomi150
    Shlomi150 Posts: 1
    edited January 21
    Options

why a personal account false accused of being Commecial Account

why cant i help my family and friends without receving money for it....

please can someone here from the staff, can mark my account as none Commecial Account

my email is [removed per Community Guidelines]

• tomsvl
    tomsvl Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Yep totally useless. I have not contributed anything for years as I am identified as commercial when trying to help my 84 yr old inlaws. So I can't use it. Thanks

• jdlopes
    jdlopes Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I'm leaving Team Viewer because of this issue. I've been a free user for YEARS and had six devices, all of which are for personal use. I'm 73, still working, but have some physical issues that make it difficult going up and down stairs. My office is downstairs, and I have a full workstation upstairs that I use when I can't navigate the stairs without pain. I also occasionally travel, so I have a laptop I use then. I also have a server where all documents, pictures, and business information is stored. My grandson is on the autism spectrum, and he has a laptop that he uses for school and the desktop at home.

I've deleted devices that I've had to replace, and, before, I could add the new device without a problem. Now I cannot!

I'm going to an open source product.

Bye, Bye TV!

• GerarddeVink
    GerarddeVink Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 22
    Options

Teamviewer keeps telling me that they expect me to act commercial, but I'm absolutely not

• GerarddeVink
    GerarddeVink Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I tried to reset to the free license but that doesn't change the situation

• xps940
    xps940 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I was flagged for commercial use. A 'guest' visiting used my computer for his work. I submitted 'the form' and was released, but there are two issues: ONE - still getting a pop up when connecting to one of my two family member computers that says I am limited and get kicked off in one minute. TWO - I cannot re-submit because when I click on their form, it is populated with the info I put in for the original request to be forgiven...there are several devices showing in my free Windows TV that I don't seem to be able to delete. I only want my two original ones. I have used the free TV for years to help my Mom and Great Aunt, but it is very frustrating that there is no support for a situation like this. This is pushing me to another app unless there is a fix here.

• aRBGon
    aRBGon Posts: 1
    Options

Help please

Teamviewer was working fine last year, (last session sometime in Nov/Dec)

I can't remote in now (my first attempt today), or I have an issue remoting in. It says that I need to upgrade my license.

I was on the free license.

I want to:

• redownload a free license
    • get remote working again

Thank you,

aRBGon

• gamalelmaghraby
    gamalelmaghraby Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

I have teamviewer at home and the same account on my computer at work, sometime I want to help my family and I tryed to connect both teamviewer account but it comes very soon blocked ! why

• gamalelmaghraby
    gamalelmaghraby Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

by the way, I have a teamvieuwer host

• achtetepe
    achtetepe Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

Hello,

When I tried to submit a new reset management form, I'm not able to and I can see the last PDF I created.

How could I submit a new reset request for 1 of my managed device?

Thanks

• achtetepe
    achtetepe Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hello, I'm in the same case as @wah79 , how could I submit a new form to reset suspicious commercial use?

Thans

• whyseverythingsohard
    Options

Iphone 8 with QS + Iphone 8 with TV

I get this error after pressing "remote Control" on the TV iphone.

Can't find any solutions online. one person suggested logging in on the TV app, but I also get error code "4/5" when trying to create an account! geez!

Thanks.

• Yourj
    Yourj Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

TV used to be great. I've had a free license and never used it commercially. But now the first time I try to use it in at least 6 months, it immediately slaps a "commercial use" banner on me, disconnects, and won't reconnect. So I go find the email their support team sent me many years ago after they removed a similar block and that email comes back saying "can't email anymore, submit a ticket". So I go to submit a ticket it says "only for commercial users." WTH? Talk about a rude failure of a system I thought I could occasionally rely on.

Is there any fix for this? I'm on vacation in new zealand, and just received an email from my local state gov healthcare department saying I have a file on their website ready to view. That site won't load for some reason, even if I use a vpn to appear to be in the usa, so I went to team viewer as the final backup to view it on my home desktop and now it's failing me. This is why I have team viewer setup in the first place. For these ultra-rare but useful moments.

They should have warned people that the free license is now useless. I can't even use it to install a new remote desktop service because it didn't do the polite/reasonable thing and give me a 1 day timeout or something.

Ugh. Money grubbers.

Frustrated in NZ.

• greenbanana
    greenbanana Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hallo,

Has anyone here ever had IDs re activated after submitting the Non-commercial use signed form? Cause i am starting to believe that it's totally useless and as long as you are a free user they won't even look at it.