Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• dslentz
    dslentz Posts: 3

Totally agree!   Have been a very happy non-profit org user of TV for a few years.. and without notice just cut off at the knees!   I help a tiny little non-profit 501c3 radio station from 1,200 miles away and this really created havok!   Other LPFM radio station (all non-profits as that is the only way to get this type of radio license) also had this occur in the past week.   All forced to scramble!   Unfortunately the TV pricing is terribly high for a non-profit, so we went to aero admin and were fortunate that they had both free use and paid (and their paid was very reasonable at $160 per year instead of $1,200).   VERY disappointed that the TV people (or management) just crapped on people without any reasonable access or pricing plan.

• Obecalp
    Obecalp Posts: 5

Won't do me any good. You have ended the free use of your program so I am in the process of switching to another program. You tell me I am a business user and limit me to 10 seconds of connection time.

I guess accessing my computer at my vacation home is considered business to you folks.

• kem01tv
    kem01tv Posts: 1

Seems the free use of TeamViewer is getting to be a bit cumbersum. Whuile on vacation I wanted to use TV on my LT to acces my home computer but when I did I got shutdown within a few seconds by some "Commercial useage" detector that now has infected all my PCs at home like a virus.

There is no wupport for "Free Usage" of TV so now there is no way to get out of this loop that says "continued use will shut my accout down?. Geeez, for a mistake YOU have made this seems like a bully in the "team" has now taken over. If there is a means of correcting this issue it's obscure and not well known.

IDEA: Have a means for free teamviews to get remedial support for issues caused by poor techincal implementation of such automatic detectors that make MISTAKES.

Ken Mitchell

• Tsidhu
    Tsidhu Posts: 1

Sent my ticket in on June 9, 2018

Still no response.

Might be time to switch.  I truly don't have commercial use so, although it has been inconvenient, I thought I would wait and hope for an answer because I truly like TV and have already installed on family members comps to help.  6 weeks is far too long.

• niks29793
    niks29793 Posts: 1

hey can you please help me solve this same problem. I am not able to connect to any system using teamviewer and getting pop up like commercial use . can you please to solve this problem.

• waces
    waces Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Dear TV "support", as the days goes by and we never ever received any support from your end please take a minute to answer the questions below:
    - what's the official and working support way for free users, if any (this forum is more like user's discussion and not the place where we receive information from the customer support team.)
    - will ever TV send out proofs about the commercial usage for the users _before_ they become banned? if not, why?
    - do you still believe you have right to ban users without prove the violation? it's nothing more than false acquisition. Without proper notification and valid proofs it's a bit unfair. I personally believe that you simply _can't_ prove the violation. Now it's your turn to talk round. [pro tip for free: stop banning the users now -> create a proper algorithm and a proper notification schedule -> distribute it -> start banning users after you can prove something. You're welcome]

I'm more than happy to get a mail about my previous issue where someone from the technical team point out where and how I violated the free user policy. Even in public.
  • Brn
    Brn Posts: 1

I was misidentified as a business user to the free user license agreement, I would like to reactivate my free account account[ID removed by moderator]

Thank you

• ronnhomer
    ronnhomer Posts: 1

Since last Sunday I have been getting the message to ,upgrade to a preofessional license. I do not use this commercially. I help out family that are too far to drive to. I never collected any money so I am not commercially using the free version. My family is elerdy aunts and uncles that need my help.. I did help out a friend about one week ago and ever since then I was having problems. What can I do to get this fixed so my family doesn't get stuck with problems and having to pay money for someone to help them since they are elderly and retired. I did email support but have not heard back yet.Thankj you.

• TeamViewer really pulled a **bleep** here and one I doubt they'll ever fully recover from.  You have no idea who you just ticked off guys and I daresay there are going to be lots of less than complementary comments about teamviewer in many a forum all over the net...and guess what the truth isn't Libel.  Whether you clear me or not I won't be back.  Yep so far your service has features I haven't found elsewhere but your prices border on extortion I'm sorry to say.  I picked up a competitor first year 6.95 next year 69.95 for one year 10 pc license it does what I need but admittedly no sound and no chat etc.  If I want video chat guess we meet up in facebook again or some of the other freebies out there for video chat.  What is it the Brits say? You really buggered yourself this time.  [removed by moderator per Community Guidelines - #9 Sales/Solicitation policy]

• tarascon
    tarascon Posts: 14 ✭✭

They can be efficient when they want to.

• waces
    That’s the only way when they are efficient ones (and with threatening users).
    Try to ask any questions and you can see the ignorant TV. Or at least my wuestions are still unanswered ones. That’s how “support” looks like without support representatives (mods are not technical persons, they only maintain the forum)

Btw, @Esther or someone from tv would you please answer my questions with real answers instead of copy-pasting non relevant urls?
  • Anytime I connect to any of my own computers either on my local LAN or through AT&T cellular service I get flagged for commercial use and have a 5 minute time limit imposed. Computer to computer seems fine. I logged out of the account and logged back in...no luck. I submitted logs to TeamViewer and have not gotten any response. Anyone have any suggestions? Tnx
    Lawrence
  • rfennimore
    rfennimore Posts: 5 ✭✭

Have you tried to just fill out the TeamViewer Commercial Use Suspected form?

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

• AlexisJane
    AlexisJane Posts: 22 ✭✭

Hi guys n gals,

I've seen the notifications on this thread popping up a lot again so thought I would write a quick update. I've had the same problem that you all have had. I feel your frustration!!!! At the time it was a HUGE inconvenince to me..... Long story short, I completed the 'Personal Verification' Form.  https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/ 

When the date clicked over to the first on the next month, TV started to work again. A few weeks after that I received a response from TV saying that my usage had been set to private due to my explanation, but reiterating the difference between business and private. At the end of the day that was no concern for me as I only use for private usage.

Yes, I disagree with the way myself and others have been simply booted. Guity until proven innocent so to speak. Bad business in my book. However, I can confirm that things have been running smoothly since my usage has been set to private by TV. So, if you have this problem, I suggest filling out the form by using the above link.

Good luck everyone!

As per an earlier message I posted (back in May I believe) I feel the need to point out the following again: 

Suggestion to Team Viewer: If you can't get through the "personal use verifications" quicker than 24 hours (30 > 60 days is not acceptable by any business standards), then you should be allowing the user normal access until you can review their usage. Don't punish users when they haven't done something wrong. Treat people with common decency and respect. Don't punish everyone because of a few that do the wrong thing. Otherwise, your clients are all going to move to another platform and you won't get them back, resulting in losing potential business clients. Thank you!!

• waces
    Yes, but that’s not the expected solution. First of all it required 30 (now 7) days to fix. Which is lol.
    Our biggest problem is the missing proofs part, the lack of communication and the ignorance from tv side. And a few minor ones beside those
  • rfennimore

Seems to me that TeamViewer came up with some sort of algorithm to thwart cheaters. In other words, there are likely many using TeamViewer for monetary gain, who are not paying for it. Fair enough. I would do exactly the same if it were my company.I have no issues with that. Now, the algorithm, it would appear, is flagging false positives. However, you are still using their software for free! What part of that do you not understand? If it takes 30 days to fix the issue, big deal!

• waces
    Many of the affected users never used this tool for earn money so they were under false accusations regarding this. Tv mever explained with proof why the users were banned. 30 days to fix means they have lack of knowledge in the following areas: a) identify commercial isage, b) fix it in the backend.
    In overall tv banned many many free users without prooving they violated the free use scenario.
    That’s all. The fun part about zero/unacceptable communication from tv side is just the cherry on the top.
    Obviously the can ban commercial users from free plan,but that was not the case.
  • rfennimore

Like you, I use this product for free. I do not earn any money from it. I appreciate them letting me use it for free, and it's annoying that I have been flagged as a commercial user. However, to use someone else's product for free is a PRIVILEGE! It's NOT a RIGHT! Apparently you don't get that part!

• waces
    Apparently you didn’t get a part that a free scubscriber cannot be banned without reason and explanation. If you use the free version you accept the pros and cons with it. Until you not violate them tv _doesn’t have_ right to ban you. That’s straight forward. It’s not a gift or an option,but it’s exactly the same than you pay for a product (in this case the cost is zero,but that doesn’t matter in legal standpoint of view). If you’re a free user and not use the tool commercially tv have no right to do anything with your account without proper notification(s) and written proof. It’s by the law and by lhe common sense as well. All the rights are regulations are written in this way for every product where free and payed subscription live in parallel.
    If someone violates the policy ban her/him noone will complain about it. Now 90% of the banned users never made any violations,and tv cannot proove the possible violation.
    I appreciate you’re on tv side (they meed more support) but in this case the gap is on their end
  • PeterHah
    PeterHah Posts: 17
    Why don't y'all just move on and say goodbye?

It's not about WHAT they did, it's about HOW they did it. That was simply unacceptable.

They achieved their goal, but it won't really help matters at all.

Had they offered an affordable price plan with some limitations on functionality for non-commercial users, it might easily have created a LOT of profit and a stable one too.

Obviously that was not an option, meaning it wouldn't have helped matters either.

Say good bye, enter the life boat, and watch the ship sink in the distance.
  • rfennimore

Read the EULA! I am sure you will find in there that TeamViewer retains the right to do whatever TF they want with their software. In addition, they have the right to charge whatever TF they want for their software. It's called supply and demand economics my friends. The free market economy. If you don't like it, then find another product.

https://www.teamviewer.us/eula/

• PeterHah
    They state that for free users there will be NO support. Basta.

Come on guys. Why are you still wasting energy.

They'll have a nice PR pretty soon. For free.

Enjoy the show.
  • AlexisJane
    AlexisJane Posts: 22 ✭✭

Hi guys n gals,

I've seen the notifications on this thread popping up a lot again so thought I would write a quick update. I've had the same problem that you all have had. I feel your frustration!!!! At the time it was a HUGE inconvenince to me..... Long story short, I completed the 'Personal Verification' Form.  https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/ 

When the date clicked over to the first on the next month, TV started to work again. A few weeks after that I received a response from TV saying that my usage had been set to private due to my explanation, but reiterating the difference between business and private. At the end of the day that was no concern for me as I only use for private usage.

Yes, I disagree with the way myself and others have been simply booted. Guity until proven innocent so to speak. Bad business in my book. However, I can confirm that things have been running smoothly since my usage has been set to private by TV. So, if you have this problem, I suggest filling out the form by using the above link.

Good luck everyone!

• waces
    No,that’s not how works. I spent many teaes with software companies and see it from the inside. Tv have a right to ban you _if_ you violate the policy (that can be prooven by tv). All the free isers know the limitations,that’s not a question but tv as per their eula cannot ban you without proper notification an written proof,it’s simply as that (if i tell your boss tour’re a thief (obviously,you’re not) and he fires you for this he make a mistake to do something without making sure you’re a thief.
    If tv can provide any evidence regarding this “violations” noone will complain. Until that it’s just false accusations besed on the lack on their side to be able to write a proper algorythm to find the users who violates the terms and conditions.
    That’s how freemium model works (you pay for the free version as well with your datas,your habits and the adverts)
  • PeterHah
    You don't get it.

But that's ok.
  • t0mmyr
    t0mmyr Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

I didn’t see any mention of TF in the EULA? Where **bleep** does it say that?

• Seulji
    Seulji Posts: 1
    A few months ago I started getting this popup on the TeamViewer phone app when I tried to access my home computer from school. I went through the steps on the TeamViewer site to get it unblocked but it required a TeamViewer ID. Phones do not have an ID. I downloaded TeamViewer QuickSupport to give my phone an ID that my computer can connect to and entered that as the ID, I got an email saying that it was reset to free but when I tried to use my phone to connect to my computer it said 'commercial use suspected' again. What am I supposed to do to get my phone unblocked? I even uninstalled the app for a month and a half to no avail.
  • rfennimore

Anyone who uses commercial proprietary software and uses it for free, and then publicly trolls the company when it no longer works (no matter what the reason), is an imbecile, plain and simple. If you want to continue your imbecilic behaviour by trolling me, then be my guest. I will just unsubscribe to this thread. I rest my case. Cheers. :)

• f1ydave
    f1ydave Posts: 4
    I have been cleared for personal use 4 times. After each update is resets me to 1 minute connection.

You are only trolling yourself with this ridiculous comment.
  • waces
    That’s way so cute how you miss the point. Noone used the free tool for commercial purposes. That’s not the fact and never was.
    You simply don’t understand the situation. That’s fine but please, if you’re in the hole stop digging. Or read the previous 28-29 pages to have a light understanding about the issue as you don’t have a clue about it for sure