Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Dear @msviewer

Thank you for your post.

Could it be that we have fixed your issue in the meantime? 

Please let me know, if you need further assistance.

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • Yes! Its fixed. Thanks
  • Hi. every time i use teamviewer for myself i install non commercial. but last time when i instal 12 version of teamviewer i install commerical by mistake. when i know that i did mistake my try version of commerical was ended. i tried re install with non commerical settings but not helped. now how i can use free version of non commerical teamviewer?

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

You will need to submit a ticket to TV support and they will get your account squared away.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • bartlanz

You will need to contact (email) the TeamViewer support group to get your account changed from a Company account to a Personal account.

If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • how to do that?

• Hello,

I tried sending a ticket a couple of times and it doesn't look like its going through.

How can I make sure it;s been sent and recieved

Thank you

• jpmagri
    jpmagri Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue, any lights?

• In my case, the invoice provided by TeamViewer had a license key no. In Teamviewer, go to Extras | Activate License and enter this license no there. This will remove the Trial expired issue.

• Milkeh
    Milkeh Posts: 2 ✭✭

I pestered support 3 times, but eventually got a response regarding this. Had to provide them with one of my .log files and they then remotely transferred me from a trial to a free license.

• mbela
    mbela Posts: 2
    Dear Teamviewer Support,

I think I installed the teamviewer that in another place where I am right now, by mistake, with another license other than personal one because I can't connect to the computer now and it says that the trial license of your connection partner has expired.
    I really need to connect right now. It's really an urgent matters.
    Can you please help me as soon as possible. Thank you very much.
        Ticket ID: 3042373
       Subject: The computer that I want to connect has an expired licences.

Regards,

Mutiara Bela
  • My free trial is expired so i want to continue with the free account.  When I try to log on it keeps on telline me my trial is expired. How do i continue with the free version?

• I use my teamviewer to help people with our hobbies I got flagged for comercial use.  I am a disabled mother and don't work.  I don't understand how I am now flagged for commercial use when all I do is connect to friends and work on a facebook hobbie

• Hercules
    Hercules Posts: 2

I have this same problem, I tried submitting a support ticket a few times yesterday, but they came back with errors, so I have no way of knowing if they are going through or how to proceed next. Do I just keep trying to submit support tickets? Give up? Or what?

• Hercules
    Hercules Posts: 2

I tried submitting a ticket again, on a different browser, it's still coming back as....ERROR Sorry for the inconvenience, please try again later.
    If the problem persists, please contact our helpdesk staff.

Which brings you right back to submitting a ticket, which comes back as an error....It's very circular and I'm not really getting anywhere...

• mbela
    mbela Posts: 2

I already send the log file but the support team didn't even reply my emails for days. I don't know what should I do.

Ticket ID: 3042373

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Hi @JulieOtis81

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, we cannot assist with this in the community. Please see this post here.

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi mloiacono, 

Thank you for your post!

This thread should answer your question:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-11/Your-trial-period-has-expired/m-p/336

If you need any further information, feel free to contribute to that topic or to post again back here.

All the best, 

Katharina

• I have also problem. I was intalling teamviewer then, now showing trial expire. i do uninstall existing team viewer and clean temp, %appdata%, and re install new teamviewer 12. but when i run it , showing trial expire.. i am using windows 10 pro.

pls help me. i am using for personal use.  

Thanks

• navets
    navets Posts: 3

Just curious how long it took to get a response on your ticket? I've been waiting a few months. Thanks

• navets

That sounds promising. . .but how does one go about pestering support. . .when I've called they won't even consider my situation because I'm a free user. It's humiliating.

• navets

I have been trying for months to get assistance with the simple issue of having my account reverted back to personal use. Even though, when I open it, it says "free license" I am still unable to use the program to assist my aunt with her computer (this is after months of begging the paid use customer service to help me and submitting multiple tickets). It would be so nice if someone could just fix it. . .how hard could it be? I want to give the app and your company a great review, but how can I if I can't even use it?

• When installing devices, selected business on company I work for and apparantely that was a no no. Have deleted all and tried to reinstall under personal use only for two home computers, personal laptop and iphone. It will no longer let me install any other devices otherr the the new installation on my laptop.  How do I revert to personal only?

• dionescu
    dionescu Posts: 4 ✭✭

My case was solved in 2-3 days.  I have no complaints about the support, it was very good, but I haven't called them, I contacted them by email/contact us page

• EdTeach
    EdTeach Posts: 1

I am doing research at a university which involves instruments run by PC at several remote sites around the world, which I access via teamviewer

I have recently started receiving Commercial use detected messages and have been logged out after 5 mins.

I believe my usage to be non-commercial, but, as it is not exactly personal usage either, I wonder if I am mistaken and will have to use an alternative solution.

Is there an official line on whether acadmic use is commercial or non-commercial?

Needless to say my research funds will not cover a business licence!

Ed

• weez999
    weez999 Posts: 2

I have TV installed on my home computer and a few others that are NOT on business class connections. To access my home computer I use TV at work to connect home. This is strictly for my personal use and access. I went through this about two years ago and was hoping I can get my teamviewer account removed from the commercial suspect list again. This is important for me when I access my home computer. Home ID is [ID removed] and work is [ID removed]. Please help!

• GreenZeldaYoshi
    GreenZeldaYoshi Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

I am really not happy with the support staff right now, I have E-mailed them 5 times about this issue and yet every single time they ignore my E-mails and simply don't want to help me. I tried calling TeamViewer but they tell me that Live Support is not available for personal use with TeamViewer. For some reason last week I started getting false commercial use suspected warnings. But now today I got a message saying that commercial use is detected. I only use it for helping friends and relatives and connecting to my personal computers. I hope anyone can help me with this issue because I'm thinking of switching to **Third Party Product** or **Third Party Product** if the support staff won't help me.

You don't mess with ZeldaYoshi
  • weez999
    weez999 Posts: 2

as usual no response from support. I also emailed them. pfft. so much for free... then when it falsely says commercial, it feels like bait and switch. They can shove this junk software where the sun don't shine. 

• tara
    tara Posts: 1

Hi Esther,

If I accidentally set up as business use originally, how can I modify this?

Thanks,

Tara

• bartlanz

go to the recomended solutoin at the beginning of this document and do what it says. https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-11/Your-trial-period-has-expired/m-p/2988#M587

Bart Lanzillotti