teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• I am using Team Viewer for personal use.
    However, there are restrictions on access for commercial use.

I am so innocent.
    I have never used it for commercial purposes.

Please remove the time limit for using the Team Viewer.

I pledge not to use it for commercial purposes.

Please let us know your email address.

hava a nice day!

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

Please fill in this form and wait for 3-4 months. I am queueing as well. :-)

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/?_ga=2.59299117.**Please do not post ...

Good luck!

• Rings
    Rings Posts: 11

Waiting 3-4 months is a joke my friend :)

• JackHK

Hope you will hear the updates "within" 3-4 months. I am one of the one waiting , mate!

• ingrae
    ingrae Posts: 1

There is 5 minute limit for my connection to my home computer. I dont use it for a commercial use. I was connecting to my computer at home. Please help me to improve it that program takes me to use my computer without limit.
    Thanks in advance
  • i'm facing the same issue with the latest version Teamviewer 14 on my laptop, iphone, tablet and another PC.

there's nothing to do with business use! y is it that teamviewer nowadays causing this issue???

• 2fools
    2fools Posts: 11

Or install version 9 and turn off auto updating - solves the issue

• JackHK
    Great solution! Let me try~
  • I too am having this problem . For personal use and it will disconnect after only 1 minute. Them tell distant end they cannot reconnect in 10 minutes. Wait the 10 Minutes and retry, then gets disconnected after 1 minute. Makes it incapable of completing anything 

• liegt an kommerzieller nutzung

• Warum werde ich immer verwiesen???

Ich habe ausversehen Teamvieewer beim update auf version 14 mit testlizenz aktiviert bin aber privat nutzer!

Per Formular hatteniich bereits mehrfach ohne antwort angefragt!

Bitte stellt mich endlich auf PRIVAT NICHTKOMERZIELL UM!!

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,184 Senior Moderator

Hallo @Martin02 , 

vielen Dank für deinen Post und herzlich willkommen auf der deutschsprachigen Community. 

Wir haben deine Anfragen (vielen Dank für die weiteren Daten in der privaten Nachricht) erhalten und werden uns schnellstmöglich darum kümmern. Hab bitte Verständnis dafür, dass aufgrund des erhöhten Aufkommens, die Bearbeitung aktuell etwas mehr Zeit in Anspruch nehmen kann. 

Komm bei weiteren Fragen gerne erneut auf uns zu. Smiley (fröhlich)

Alles Gute und viele Grüße
    Natascha

German Community Moderator
  • I have this issue too. I filled in a form and included a log. After about a week I received a reply to say I had been switched to personal. Nothing changed I am still unable to connect to our other family laptops and I can't support my family back in the UK anymore. I wrote back to report the problem had not been fixed but received no answer.

Why this sudden change? Why no information about why commercial usage might have been falsely be detected? If you're going to accuse someone of something it's only reasonable to provide a reason for the accusation!!

I filled in the form again including the IDs of all our laptops but again I have received no reply.

I've been using TeamViewer to support my family for years with no issues. Now I can't even connect to install an alternative on their PCs.

• JackHK

ME too!

• JackHK

Hi All,

May I know when will the limit being removed after ticket submitted?

I submitted the form two weeks ago, but still, the limit did not remove yet?

• I apologize for the answer because it seems sarcarstic.  The time to receive a response is somewhere between a few days and never.

Your most assured way to recover is to load a previous version (Is it version 9? Search this site.)

• JsZ
    JsZ Posts: 1

I've been using teamviewer for some years now. Connecting to my personal computer from work on my free time. 

Recently, my free licence turned into commercial for no good reasons. I'm not able to use Teamviewer anymore. When I contact teamviewer for troubleshoot, they said I have NO CHOICE but to buy a licence...  Paying 600$CAD /year for something I use 1 time per month without profit for personal use is out of questions.

I'm very disappointed with the turn the company has taken. 

For everyone who is stuck with the new licence, I recommend **Third Party Product**. Work as well and free. 

thank you

• ldk
    ldk Posts: 1

Hi. I am a regular user who has been using Team Viewer for a few years now. That's why I sent you this email. I am not using the team viewer commercially but I am using it for commercial purposes, and the session is not connected properly. I am wondering what to do in this case.

• JT21
    JT21 Posts: 1

Did you solve the issue and how?

• Hallo Natascha,

es ist jetzt Knapp 1 Woche um und keine Antwort / Lösung!

Wann wird endlich meine Lizenz zu privat zurückgesetzt??? Ich habe alle Infos wie im ticket sehbar bekanntgegeben + Das Formular sogar unterschrieben!

Bitte um Rückmeldung @Natascha 

• Hallo Natascha,

es ist jetzt Knapp 1 Woche um und keine Antwort / Lösung!

Wann wird endlich meine Lizenz zu privat zurückgesetzt??? Ich habe alle Infos wie im ticket sehbar bekanntgegeben + Das Formular sogar unterschrieben!

Bitte um Rückmeldung @Natascha 

• hi  why commercial use ???  only my different private computer are in use .

• Hello, I have a free account for private use and have seen this day my restricted use for suspiscion of commercial use, which is false.

I have several personal computers to which I connect and I help my parents and in-laws sometimes. This use remains private.

Could someone from Teamviewer solve the problem?

Thank you.

• I have the same problem.
    With a free licence, there is no way to alert the Team
    What can we do ?
    HHEELLPPP !
  • Hello,

TeamViewer program show me a message that I have been used free license with comercial uses and this is false.

Mi userID is **Do Not Post TeamViewer IDs** and I connect to some Pc's sporadically.

I hope a response and a solution for restore my account because nowadays it is blocked.

• It sounds like Teamviewer doesn't want private users anymore. ..
  • Well of course we are in the same kind of situation.

I am using a laptop to connect to 8 machines, none of which run a OS server, on a home network (with no TV outgoing/incomming network connections), running BOINC for absolutely no gain.

And yet now we are seeing the dreaded 'commerical usage' notice.

I guess what is really sad is that many people including ourselves value this great product, and indeed would probably pay a small amount to use it - even though we are using it for personal stuff - however as of yet TV just instead ignore this key market and instead just offer subscriptions catering to business who of course can pay these upgrade amounts.

Even other **Third Party Product** providers are now realising this gap in the market, and when you leave/uninstall the personal version, they offer you a middle tier (non-public) product so you can continue, personally, but in a way that they gain money (normallly around $100/yr).

Hopefully TV will take a look at this situation, and instead of continuing with this existing path which is of course generating negative PR, instead offer a solution for those who are using TV personally, but for whatever reason is being flagged as commerical - as a solution from both sides. both ourselves, and of course TV.

Its obviously better to earn something from an existing user, than nothing from one who just left (and is highly frustrated and sharing their negative experience of TV across social media and other platforms).