Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

ME too!

• JackHK

Hi All,

May I know when will the limit being removed after ticket submitted?

I submitted the form two weeks ago, but still, the limit did not remove yet?

• OldSurferDude
    OldSurferDude Posts: 29 ✭✭

I apologize for the answer because it seems sarcarstic.  The time to receive a response is somewhere between a few days and never.

Your most assured way to recover is to load a previous version (Is it version 9? Search this site.)

• JsZ
    JsZ Posts: 1

I've been using teamviewer for some years now. Connecting to my personal computer from work on my free time. 

Recently, my free licence turned into commercial for no good reasons. I'm not able to use Teamviewer anymore. When I contact teamviewer for troubleshoot, they said I have NO CHOICE but to buy a licence...  Paying 600$CAD /year for something I use 1 time per month without profit for personal use is out of questions.

I'm very disappointed with the turn the company has taken. 

For everyone who is stuck with the new licence, I recommend **Third Party Product**. Work as well and free. 

thank you

• ldk
    ldk Posts: 1

Hi. I am a regular user who has been using Team Viewer for a few years now. That's why I sent you this email. I am not using the team viewer commercially but I am using it for commercial purposes, and the session is not connected properly. I am wondering what to do in this case.

• JT21
    JT21 Posts: 1

Did you solve the issue and how?

• Hallo Natascha,

es ist jetzt Knapp 1 Woche um und keine Antwort / Lösung!

Wann wird endlich meine Lizenz zu privat zurückgesetzt??? Ich habe alle Infos wie im ticket sehbar bekanntgegeben + Das Formular sogar unterschrieben!

Bitte um Rückmeldung @Natascha 

• Hallo Natascha,

es ist jetzt Knapp 1 Woche um und keine Antwort / Lösung!

Wann wird endlich meine Lizenz zu privat zurückgesetzt??? Ich habe alle Infos wie im ticket sehbar bekanntgegeben + Das Formular sogar unterschrieben!

Bitte um Rückmeldung @Natascha 

• hi  why commercial use ???  only my different private computer are in use .

• Hello, I have a free account for private use and have seen this day my restricted use for suspiscion of commercial use, which is false.

I have several personal computers to which I connect and I help my parents and in-laws sometimes. This use remains private.

Could someone from Teamviewer solve the problem?

Thank you.

• I have the same problem.
    With a free licence, there is no way to alert the Team
    What can we do ?
    HHEELLPPP !
  • Hello,

TeamViewer program show me a message that I have been used free license with comercial uses and this is false.

Mi userID is **Do Not Post TeamViewer IDs** and I connect to some Pc's sporadically.

I hope a response and a solution for restore my account because nowadays it is blocked.

• It sounds like Teamviewer doesn't want private users anymore. ..
  • Well of course we are in the same kind of situation.

I am using a laptop to connect to 8 machines, none of which run a OS server, on a home network (with no TV outgoing/incomming network connections), running BOINC for absolutely no gain.

And yet now we are seeing the dreaded 'commerical usage' notice.

I guess what is really sad is that many people including ourselves value this great product, and indeed would probably pay a small amount to use it - even though we are using it for personal stuff - however as of yet TV just instead ignore this key market and instead just offer subscriptions catering to business who of course can pay these upgrade amounts.

Even other **Third Party Product** providers are now realising this gap in the market, and when you leave/uninstall the personal version, they offer you a middle tier (non-public) product so you can continue, personally, but in a way that they gain money (normallly around $100/yr).

Hopefully TV will take a look at this situation, and instead of continuing with this existing path which is of course generating negative PR, instead offer a solution for those who are using TV personally, but for whatever reason is being flagged as commerical - as a solution from both sides. both ourselves, and of course TV.

Its obviously better to earn something from an existing user, than nothing from one who just left (and is highly frustrated and sharing their negative experience of TV across social media and other platforms).

• After years of using teamviewer in my home and company, its time to say goodbye.

In my company i have multiple licences that wont be renewed anymore, and the reason its the nowdays polity of "no commercial" use. When im at home, i use to use teamviewer to connect to my laptop and place something in the TV, to connect and transfer some files from that PC to another or to check a things in my PC.

This last months has been a total nightmare for me, its telling me whole time that im using teamviewer comercially and im not, the one that i use comercial is in my bussiness and i paid my licences. The last time i had to wait more than 15 minutes to connect to my laptop to be able to transfer a file. The good thing is that i used that 15 minutes to look around internet and found **Third Party Product**, which is just what i need and im not being harrased anymore about "comercial use" for use it just to check things between my phone my PC and my laptop.

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

Well, I didn't understand why all of the sudden people starting to complain again and fed this thread... now it hit me again: I usually connect to my home network (just 3 laptops) and seldom on 2 remote (my mother's and my brother's). 

I just wanted to connect to one of the laptops in the home network and of course TV thinks that I'm using it commercially and I should buy it, which would be fine if there were a price adapted for home users (but they only target professional users with prices that noone would / could pay unless they're a company).

So I guess it's time for me to investigate for alternatives, because obviously the famous system of please reset my UserID usage doesn't really do anything.

• fje
    fje Posts: 21 ✭✭

It seems that TV started a new time of telling free users that we are using it commercially. A year ago I suffered it and finally my id was reset and was able to access my home computer again.

But today I got again the "commercial ue detected message" when I tried to access my home computer from my remote home. I filled the form they ask for, and I HOPE that it will be reset in no very long time....

Finger crossed, if not I will hve to go bck in my three computers to the Version 9 or maybe go again to my "old" **Third Party Product** application.

TV team, pleas, if you read this forum, solve our personal situations. Thanks

Regards

• I'm having the same problem!
  • PierrotIV
    PierrotIV Posts: 1

Same problem here :(

• I've got the same problem, How do I create a ticket ?

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi there, 

Click on the following links to find more information about the topics and the link to request the reset of your TeamViewer usage:

Trial Expired:
    Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired' ?

Commercial Use suspected/detected:
    Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

All the best, 
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• ea9cd
    ea9cd Posts: 1

I am having problems with the connection with teamviewer, it tells me that I am giving it a commercial use, when it is not. I have several raspberry connected for use by radio amateurs meteorological program, etc ... Someone can help me. Thank you

• Hello! I want to know whether you can use TeamViewer for personal purposes to connect to a remote virtual server, for example, rented to Amazon. The server is used to set up a trading terminal for automated Forex trading.
    Thank.

• Semola
    Semola Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi all,

about 6 months ago I opened a ticket because, erroneously, it seemed that the use of my teamviewer was commercial. I made it clear that I use teamviewer only to help friends and relatives. Today I realized again this problem, which did not allow me to help a friend in need. Can you verify and reset my account?

Thank you

Marcello

• paolo
    paolo Posts: 1

I am using Teamviewer at my home to connect to the laptop of my wife and doughters from my desktop. Yesterday I was flagged as commercial user and the connection drop out in 30sec. I dont know why. I have submitted the form with my logs. No response at all. I moved to **Third Party Product** (laggy but I can use it). Is there any way to have answer from TV team and to start over tu use TV again? 

• I am requesting help for a person who is disabled (quadriplegic paralysis).  I recently viewed a question on Experts-Exchange.com, from this individual, and I feel compelled to try to help as much as possible.  This person recently started to get pop-ups and is now blocked from using the software due to the frequency of his FREE version personal usage, which he needs due to his disability.  He cannot afford to pay the subscription fee, and I am hopeful someone at TeamViewer.com can assist him with a license key.  I've attempted to reach out to the VP and CEO of Teamviewer directly, and I am also posting here in an effort to get someone to see this and hopefully help this person.  I frequently answer questions for people on Experts Exchange, ...which I do not get paid for btw.  Hopefully someone can get this message to the right people and make this person's life a little easier.

If possible, I would like to put them in touch with someone at TeamViewer to assist.

[link removed per Community Guidelines]

• JackHK

@paolo wrote:

I am using Teamviewer at my home to connect to the laptop of my wife and doughters from my desktop. Yesterday I was flagged as commercial user and the connection drop out in 30sec. I dont know why. I have submitted the form with my logs. No response at all. I moved to **Third Party Product** (laggy but I can use it). Is there any way to have answer from TV team and to start over tu use TV again? 

Fill in the form and wait!, Good luck!!!

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/?_ga=2.83245718.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**-**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**&_gac=1.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.CjwKCAiAy-_iBRAaEiwAYhSlAxZteSCAG5uFZAMgPkhqz47ZiB-tr5CYLe3scPbzynHfmLnRNK-J4RoCxrMQAvD_BwE

• 2fools
    2fools Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Uninstall the current version, then go to http://download.teamviewer.com/download/version_9x/TeamViewer_Setup.exe

Install version 9 then go to:
    Extra's>Advanced>Show Advanced Options:

Change Check for new version to "NEVER"
    Change Install new version automatically to "No automatic updates"

This all started with Version 10 in 2013/2014