Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• I got the email from TeamViewever Service about informing me that my ID has been reset to “free”, and your use case can be qualified as “personal”.
    However it is still unable to use remote control. It said my trial version expired. I restarted some times, but it didn't work. Anyone knows what's the next action should I do to solve this promlem.

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hallo @Martin02,

vielen Dank für deine Rückmeldung. 

Wie bereits erwähnt, kann es derzeit etwas länger dauern, bis du von uns eine Rückmeldung bekommst. 

Bitte habe noch ein bisschen Geduld, da wir derzeit sehr viele Anfragen bekommen. 

Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Tag und einen guten Start in die neue Woche. 

Viele Grüße
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Hallo @Natsscha,

Ja was ist bei euch etwas länger? Ich warte seit 2 wochend und meine sperre aufzuheben ist ja wohl nicht so schwer!
  • Still showing trial expired an cant connect with colleagues!
  • Blocked because commercial use suspected. what does it mean ?. how can i establish connection with my devices ?. help me

• Natascha

Hi @joyce_you,

Thank you for your post. 

Can you please restart your TeamViewer service? Should work properly afterwards. :) 
    If there are any further questions, please let us know. 

Hi @rtsheole,

Thank you for your message. If you are connecting to your colleagues in a work environment, a license is required. TeamViewer is free only for personal use to help family and friends. 
    Please let us know, if you have any further questions. 

I wish you both a great week and all the best, 
    Natascha.

• Natascha

Hallo @Martin02,

vielen Dank für deine Rückmeldung und einen wunderschönen Wochenstart wünsche ich dir. 

Ich denke, dass du eventuell im Laufe der Woche eine Rückmeldung von uns bekommen wirst. 

Viele Grüße
    Natascha

• I use the free version of team viewer for individuals but I always get a message saying that the trial period has expired, how can I solve this problem? Use windows 10

• Thanks for you reply. It is just solved after I restarted the laptop ^ ^

• Already done. Still waiting!

For the moment I'm using **Third Party Product**. At least I can access my PC. It's not as performing as Team Viewer, but it's totally free and it might become a valid solution if TeamViewer staff goes on in asking for a subscription in such and unfair and not motivated way.

Alessandro

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

Yap, Yap, Yap, Unsubscibe.

• fje
    fje Posts: 21 ✭✭

It seems that they organize this ******* once a year. I got the same problem a year ago and finally resolved it sending the form and being reset in a week.

Hope the work eficeintely and they solve our PERSONAL problems fast, because we use it for personal use, not commercial ad there is no need to go to another solution.

You should think as Msoft did... they didn't care about using their products at home (maybe sometimes "illegaly" copied) , it was a way to have all the people to ask to use it at work and it is in the companies business where Msoft got their money.... Just the error IBM did with their OS2 product that tried to correct... tooooooo late.

Regards

• Hi, did you ever get a resolution? I got the same thing a week ago, a few hours after installing another trial version, which then expired this morning, 7 days later. The email TeamViewer sent doesn't address how to reset your license. They make it sound like it's all set, like they did something on their end. I suspect they need to do something but they didn't actually do it. 

I’ve already uninstalled [including removing the settings], removed the TeamViewer [client] ID from the registry, deleted the computer from the online console, rebooted, ran CCleaner and Glary to clean up any remnants and reinstalled.  TeamViewer somehow still knows what the ID was and automatically fills it in, so it still thinks my trial license is expired. I cannot use it.

This should just not be happening when someone is just using it for personal use.

Thanks!

PS I just saw that the TeamViewer ID is tied to multiple hardware and software identifiers on the computer and has nothing to do with the online account.

• TEAM VIEWER 14 FREE VERSION IS ASKING ME TO BUY A LICENSE. IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE FREE AND THEIR IS NO ONE TO CALL TO GET THE ANSWER ON HOW TO KEEP THE FREE VERSION. 

• Hello,

I use TeamViewer for personal use and for 1 week, when I log in, I have a message that tells me that I use it for business purposes and that I have to buy a lisence.

I can only log in for 1 minute and the connection turns off.

I'm fine remove the application of 2 pc that I use and then re-install the application, it's always the same.

How to recover my personal use?

• CBN
    CBN Posts: 1

Good morning. I only use a private and non-commercial use of Team Viewer, but a few days ago the system prevents me from using it because it mistakenly believes that it makes commercial use and connects me only for a few seconds.
    I use it only to connect with another pc of my property and that of my elderly parents (83 and 90 years of age) to pay their bills and other similar things ...
    These are my accesses ... what use is it if not private ???
    Could you help me solve the problem, please?
    Thank you!

• Good morning. I only use a private and non-commercial use of Team Viewer, but a few days ago the system prevents me from using it because it mistakenly believes that it makes commercial use and connects me only for a few seconds.
    I use it only to connect with another pc of my property and that of my elderly parents (83 and 90 years of age) to pay their bills and other similar things ...
    These are my accesses ... what use is it if not private ???
    Could you help me solve the problem, please?
    Thank you!

• Hi,

With no reason I'm accused of using Teamviewer for business usage.
    The software is on my personal laptop and I use it to get remote control of my personnal desktop unit.

The only reason I could think of it that my personnal laptop is registered to my company domain to be able to access to the company's network folders and printers.

Already sent an email but no answer...

• Hallo Natascha

Ich glaube, dass ich dasselbe Problem habe wie Martin. Ich nutze Teamviewer privat und weil ich bei eine Bekannte von mir ihr geholfen habe beim Einrichten ihre Laptop, kriege ich jetzt die Meldung, dass ich eine Lizenz lösen möchte. Das möchte ich nicht und habe den Support (Ticket ID: 4779556) geschrieben wie ich da vorgehen kann ich. Ich weil ich meine Töchter und gelegentlich ältere Leute weiterhelfe. Die Antwort welche ich bekam war nur ein freundlichen Gruss ohne weitere Inhalt. Auch das habe ich denen geantwortet, dass ich gernen etwas mehr möchte. Was kann ich da machen, dass die wieder reagieren und auch Hilfe anbieten?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Ton Koster

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

ok it just happened to me too, i was connected to another laptop in the same lan, it instantly timeouted and then it locks me out for the next 10 minutes. So that's it good riddance TV, I'm right this moment starting to investigate what's the best free alternative for you.

• Same problem here.

I use TW for a personnal use ...

• Good morning,
    I am a private user who sporadically used Team Viewer free, for strictly personal use and never for commercial purposes.
    For several days I can not connect in remote access and is blocked, perhaps by mistake.
    I kindly ask you to unlock my ID ... so that you can reuse your great product again. Thank you. Looking forward to a favorable feedback, I offer
    With best regards

Jack

• pv7721

So, back from my investigation for TV alternatives. I have to confess that I don't think that there are any with all the features TV has:

- you have to either install a client / server (or both) if you want to access from / the machine

- you have to connect via a browser

- there are shady companies behind these (a Russian one or a Vietnamese that single handedly seemed to have pulled off a TV ripoff)

- etc.

I did fill the form here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/ seemingly faster than https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/ but I haven't got any hope, because their paradigm has shifted.

This guy explains it well here: [Removed because of Community Guidelines]

So even if I (and think others as well) hobbysts out there would find a way to pay for a perpetual licence to use for their own personal use (not remunerated in any way, be that direct / indirect), this simply won't happen, and we do all agree that what they offer as business pricing is simply to high for any individual to afford.

There are 2 alternatives that somewhat could do the trick, one is browser based (you now the most popular browser on Earth has an app which allows remote connection), in LAN you could always rely on the native RDP protocol, or there seems to be another (smaller than TV) European company, in a neighbour country, that has developped a protocol that also detects local installations and allows you to connect over the Internet by knowing the IP (haven't tried this one yet, because I can't install the other end).

I'll try as well to find TV version 9 and see how "bad" the past was.

• Natascha

Hallo @tokost1950,

vielen Dank für deinen Beitrag und herzlich willkommen in der deutschsprachigen Community. 

Würdest du bitte in folgendem Artikel: Weshalb erscheint „Kommerzielle Nutzung vermutet“
    den Link auswählen, der zum Formular führt, um deine ID wieder auf "privat" zurück zu setzen?

Gerne führen wir das für dich in den folgenden ein bis zwei Wochen durch. :) Dann kannst du TeamViewer wie gewohnt auch in Zukunft für private Zwecke weiternutzen. 

Ich hoffe, ich konnte dir weiterhelfen und wünsche dir einen schönen Sonntag. 

Viele Grüße
    Natascha

• pv7721

I confirm that going back to TV version 9 on all machines makes all warnings go away.

You'll just have to disable updates from within the application and also ignore the remote update warning (I don't know why this happens as they all have the same version v9.0.41110 available from here: http://download.teamviewer.com/download/version_9x/TeamViewer_Setup.exe

• pv7721

@Jackgioia there was a huge wave of free users being incorrectly blocked and forced out of TV because there is no personal license that end-users could afford. As I've been saying on this topic, you can either choose a TV alternative (but I couldn't find any with all the features and easiness of use, and even if I found I couldn't quote any :) (I hinted two in a previous post), or you can go back to version 9 on all machines and disable updates. This would definitely make the warnings and blocks go away.

• I've set up a computer for remote management at my fathers house to help my him with computer problems occasionally.

I've added it to my list of computers and the connection works great, except that I get disconnected after 5 minutes, and then I have to wait for a while before re-connecting or I get an error message.

I've tried to make things as easy as possible, and register his computer in the "My Computers" section in the TeamViewer manager by installing the Host version and enabling "easy access" from my account.

Should this be set up in a different way? With him creating an account and that I use this to connect to his computer through my contacts or something?

If this is a limitation of the Free License, I'll rather use a different solution for this sporadic support need.

**Third Party Product** or something is really all I need, but I figured using a trusted provider like TeamViewer would be both more safe and easier to manage.
    Doesn't seem like this is the case.

• yes for me it is fixed already. Team Viewer team activated my account again