Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• mrsimmy
    mrsimmy Posts: 1

Hello guys, some weeks ago I received an alert that Teamviewer thinked I use this software for commercial purpose and so locked my use in 3 minutes.
    I used the common form explaining my reasons and received the answer from Teamviewer support Team... they believed me and says they set my account to free again.

But it still doesn't work. I still can't use teamviewer from my desktop to control my notebook on the same LAN. It is very sad. What can I do?

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86
    Thank you for your feedback! We are on the same boat. BTW, TV team will not read this community thread, you have to write it in the "Feedback" after your account log in page. Anyway, good luck!
  • JohnBlumstein
    JohnBlumstein Posts: 14 ✭✭

@DutchArjo: which Teamviewer version do you have? 

• mafede
    mafede Posts: 5

• 14.1.18533. My mothers laptop still has the old 11 version.
  • JohnBlumstein
    JohnBlumstein Posts: 14 ✭✭

Dutch, are you sure it's not only the old Teamviewer version that produces the timeout? I would try to install v14 on mother's laptop.

After updating my v12 (that had the timeout issue) to v14 its working fine here. Hope it stays that way ;-)

• vijone
    vijone Posts: 1

@Natascha 

Hi, 

I have been using Team viewer for several use for personal use. I have never used it in works environment. But I use my works laptop at home. I use the latest version. In the last 6 months, the team viewer gets disconnected in 5 minutes and is asking me to wait.

When I am not using team viewer in "work environment", why is this happening. I have always praised team viewer for providing this free and good quality service for personal use.

Can you please offer a solution in my case.

Kind regards

• I have been using Team viewer for several use for personal use. I have never used it in works environment. But I use my works laptop at home. I use the latest version. In the last 6 months, the team viewer gets disconnected in 5 minutes and is asking me to wait.

When I am not using team viewer in "work environment", why is this happening. I have always praised team viewer for providing this free and good quality service for personal use.

Can you please offer a solution in my case.

Kind regards

• Alecz
    Alecz Posts: 1

I just downloaded and install TeamViewer 14 for personal use on my personal Windows 7 PC. I connect to a friend's personal PC to supervise an online application they are doing, however, after about five minutes the session times out and I need to wait 10 minutes before I can reconnect.

This is the message I am getting:

"This was a free session sponsored by www.teamviewer.com.
    TeamViewer sessions are free of charge for personal use.

We thank you for playing fair!

Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed.

Is this something new from the TeamViewer team? To limit the personal use sessions to 5 minutes with a timeout of 10 minutes?

• H3GE
    H3GE Posts: 2 ✭✭
    ICH WILL ICH WILL ICH WILL, also ehrlich, wie kann man nur so drauf sein - TeamViewer bietet von sich aus eine kostenlose Nutzung für den Privatgebrauch an, ich lass mir ja einreden wenn man sich darüber aufregt, dass man als Nutzer einer Lizenz zu einem Lizenzupdate gedrängt, eigentlich schon genötigt wird, aber doch nicht, weil man einen kostenlos zur Verfügung gestellten Dienst nicht nutzen kann....
  • Gamusinator
    Gamusinator Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Bump
  • i have the same problem, any answer?
  • Akala
    Akala Posts: 9

well I got my email  saying it was free again - though I still get the nag at the beginning warning me about commercial usage (that makes it sound like it thinks that's what I'm using it for) but I manage to connect to my mother's pc for several hours over the weekend. Mind you that's just one of her computers, so we'll see when I connect to another one. I did have one person connect to me to check it out, it was only for a few minutes but that was ok too, hopefully the problem is fixed

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @vijone,

Thank you for your post. 

Can you maybe provide the exact message that you receive? 

Thanks in advance and all the best, 
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• mafede
    mafede Posts: 5

Captura.JPG

• You're lucky I am getting no answers for more than a month now !

• Still no answer from support !!!!! It's been more than a month now. What a shame.

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@Anthony75 : yeah well technically they support paying customers, we're basically doing a favor for personal users, but probably this strains their architecture, so unless we pay, we're more than free to look for alternatives.

• Niao974
    Niao974 Posts: 1

Bonjour,  J'utilise Teamviewer en public depuis 2 ans et depuis la mise a jour. Je me fait déconnecté toute les cinq minute en me mettant que je l utilise professionnelement

Pourrier vous aider. Merci

• Hallo Natascha

Ich habe vor 4 Wochen das Formular ausfgeführt und verschickt. Bis jetzt noch nichts vernommen. Lästig ist aber die Herinnerungsmeldung, die jedesmal erscheint obwohl ich Teamviewer momentan nicht benütze. Kannst du mich einen Zeithorizont angeben wann das Problem gelöst wird?

Danke und mit freundlichen Grüssen

Ton

• hill47
    hill47 Posts: 1

Hi, as you can see from my account, I have used Teamviewer Free in the past to support a local charity.
    I now do voluntary unpaid work to support my local General Practitioners' Surgery (My Doctor).
    I would like to use Teamviewer Free to help me in my work which includes updating the TV screen in the surgery showing images and videos promoting health.
    Teamviewer Free assumed that I was using the service commercially, probably because it recognised the installation of SignageLive on the remote PC which is the well known service used for displaying information on screens.
    Please will you allow me the use of Teamviewer free, because the surgery cannot afford the licence fee.

Thanks, Geoff Hill

• If this was the case it would be fine if they just told us "we can no longer support free users" and we'd move on but this facade they have is not doing them any favours.

I _was_ a paying customer until i was treated like this, i kept my private usage separate from my business usage in an effort to "do the right thing" but now, **bleep** it, i'll use something else.

• Akala

Good luck finding something, I tried a couple and they were rubbish. I don't know what happens to good products, they either get 'updated' to death until they are unusable (like microsoft did to skype) or they just seem to let them rot like ICQ. Or they start a new program and promise it will be forever free but a few years down the track they keep it free but bury under stacks of advertising to upgrade and are forever trying to sneakily you get you to upgrade (avast), and it seems teamviewer is doing this :(

• pv7721

@Akala : funny thing, I wanted to post this, but you gave me the perfect opportunity by your message. Well, ICQ was the grandfather of all chat programs, I remember how it was the top back in 2001 2002, almos 20 years ago, but it faded, overtaken by different types of Messenger (Yahoo! etc.) Now it's Russian and nobody uses it, almost.

But back to my story: I've been a long time user of Piriform products, most notable CCleaner. Recently it was purchased by Avast :) and I've upgraded to latest version yesterday. What do I notice? A nice message saying: This is free version not to be used in commercial environment :) or something similar :) and I was thinking come on not you as well! :D

• Akala

ahh drat, I use ccleaner as well but haven't updated in the past week or two, but it is definitely becoming a habit :( It happened to lots of graphics programs too, I guess I'm just too old remembering all this stuff. But if you can't predict the future just say you'll keep it free for as long as possible, dont make promises you can't, or don't intend, to keep. Even though my teamviewer was fixed, I don't have a lot of confidence when I try it on some of my mother's other computers. Oh well, one battle at a time ;)

• pv7721

@Akala : when I saw the big letters of "Thank you for playing fair!" in the latest CCleaner version I said what the... :D 

• I use TeamViewer to connect from my mobile to my personal pc and for a while it tells me that it has detected that I am using it commercially.

On occasion I have connected to other equipment, but not for commercial use ....

What can I do to solve it?

• pjgfi
    pjgfi Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same here!

Team Viewer recently (a few weeks ago) suspected commercial use althought I changed nothing in my habits for years (same family/friends!).

And yesterday, I got the CCleaner pop up as well!

My home PC is a second hand DELL with Windows 10 Pro. Could it be a windows update that makes those softwares thinks I'm on a pro machine (server signature or something ?)

• pv7721

@pjgfi : no I don't think Microsoft would mess up with installed software in such a way (i.e. the displayed pop-ups clearly come from the applications itself). Moreover I got the CCleaner pop-up on other older versions of Windows as well (at least version 7).

For me it's just a coincidence but it made me grin, and I was thinking how did Piriform came up with the same wording as TV? :D Thank you for playing fair! We do play fair, TV, we always did, but you seem to no longer play by your own rules.

• pjgfi
    pjgfi Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Hi pv7721,
    I know the popup come from the software itself but I thought it could have been a (new?) windows "feature" that software could check to tell whether they're running in a pro or home environment.
    Did you get popup from both tools (TV & CC) on all your machines?